Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Get To Work Active Career Aspirations (4 in total)

by konansock Posted 12th Dec 2017 at 10:06 AM - Updated 15th Feb 2021 at 1:45 PM by konansock

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 4:13 AM
I love, love, love having aspirations for the active careers! But getting 1000 points for doing a few minutes of research on the computer or taking a vacation day feels extremely cheaty. I wonder if you might consider a version with point rewards that are more in line with the rest of the game?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Instructor
#27 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unnoticed
Hello! Does anyone know if this works with Feb's latest patch? This made the career's so much better.

I wonder the same, anyone?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saoudy-mou
Aaaaah ! I love this one ! Thank you so much. Will you translate it in french ;___; ?

Sorry but I don't know French at all
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I love, love, love having aspirations for the active careers! But getting 1000 points for doing a few minutes of research on the computer or taking a vacation day feels extremely cheaty. I wonder if you might consider a version with point rewards that are more in line with the rest of the game?

Actually many of the goals are extremely hard! I used the game aspirations as a reference and made sure most goals give the corresponding reward! I don't remember having a vacation is a goal set by me, I believe it was in the game itself! :P
Test Subject
#30 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 10:21 AM
I have been getting this pop up in my last exception files. Any ideas why? I have the script and package in the main mods folder and no sub-folders, is this the issue?
Test Subject
#31 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:37 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know that this will crash your game. One of the updates broke it. It through a last exception error and then crashed the game. It was listed as the issue in the last exception note.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 10:27 PM
This mod need to update it causing Last Exception error
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xXPontaXx
I have been getting this pop up in my last exception files. Any ideas why? I have the script and package in the main mods folder and no sub-folders, is this the issue?

Can you provide your LE file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrillySlayerPig
Just wanted to let you guys know that this will crash your game. One of the updates broke it. It through a last exception error and then crashed the game. It was listed as the issue in the last exception note.

Hello! I want to know which interaction is broken? It could help me update this mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
This mod need to update it causing Last Exception error

Hi! Can you provide me with the LE file and which interaction caused the issue?
Test Subject
#36 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:23 AM Last edited by LolitaRei : 1st Jun 2018 at 7:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by konansock
Hi! Can you provide me with the LE file and which interaction caused the issue?

Hey fam! I hope this works, I'm new at this. This is my LE file that kept popping up whenever my sims would try and go to work. For reference, my sim would head for the door, go outside and then stand there for a minute. I'd get the notification that they were off to work but still be standing there. Their icon box is all greyed out like they're at work, but they come back inside the house and go about their life as if they weren't at work. I can't click on them, or anything else. I can't access their inventory, but I can see other sim info panels. Once their workday is over, it's still registering they're at work.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (20.2 KB, 11 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LolitaRei
Hey fam! I hope this works, I'm new at this. This is my LE file that kept popping up whenever my sims would try and go to work. For reference, my sim would head for the door, go outside and then stand there for a minute. I'd get the notification that they were off to work but still be standing there. Their icon box is all greyed out like they're at work, but they come back inside the house and go about their life as if they weren't at work. I can't click on them, or anything else. I can't access their inventory, but I can see other sim info panels. Once their workday is over, it's still registering they're at work.

Thank you... May I ask which aspiration or which career your Sim is in? Also has she earned the reward trait yet?
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:49 PM
Thank you... May I ask which aspiration or which career your Sim is in? Also has she earned the reward trait yet?

The sim that was used in the screenshot was the only example screenshot I could get. The main sim having the issue, is my doctor sim. He had the Guardian of Health aspiration and was obviously in the doctor career. After some testing, I pulled your mod out, and reset his aspiration, and he's still not going to work, just like in the screenshot. So I'm no longer sure if it was your mod that was causing the issues... I'm going to run some more tests and I'll get back to you. I apologize in advance if it turns out it wasn't your mod and I made you work on it for no reason!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 3:31 AM
The sim that was used in the screenshot was the only example screenshot I could get. The main sim having the issue, is my doctor sim. He had the Guardian of Health aspiration and was obviously in the doctor career. After some testing, I pulled your mod out, and reset his aspiration, and he's still not going to work, just like in the screenshot. So I'm no longer sure if it was your mod that was causing the issues... I'm going to run some more tests and I'll get back to you. I apologize in advance if it turns out it wasn't your mod and I made you work on it for no reason!

Hahaha I asked again because the LE file was referring to the interaction 'Donate_To_Charity', which I'm pretty sure I did not touch in my mod ; And my main Sim is a doctor too and has always succeeded in going to work normally...I'd suggest checking other mods, like MCCC or mods that change the career file itself
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 3:41 AM

OMG thank you so much! I figured out what was wrong! It was a silly mistake of mine...Thank you so much!!!! :p
Test Subject
#41 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:30 AM
OMG thank you so much! I figured out what was wrong! It was a silly mistake of mine...Thank you so much!!!! :p

OMG! I'm so glad I could help you! I'm excited to get back to playing with your mod, I absolutely LOVE it and was super sad when I had to pull it out. I can't wait to give my doctor the correct aspiration~

PS, the "donate_to_charity" bit in my LE was because of some modded computers I had, definitely not your mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:21 AM
The mod is still throwing lat exception files exactly like it was before it got updated, not sure if just me or if there's still issues with this mod?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xXPontaXx
The mod is still throwing lat exception files exactly like it was before it got updated, not sure if just me or if there's still issues with this mod?

I'm sorry it still throws LE files...could you provide me with the details of what you did and what other mods you have? And what does that LE file says? :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:15 AM
does it work with seasons 1.44?
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:55 PM
Aspirations work well, still not getting the interactions for the completed Frankenstein aspiration on vampire sims though
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 2:39 AM
I might be missing some interactions too. Like the completed Frankenstein woohoo interaction. Can't seem to find anything regarding it anywhere. I also agree with Corylea, that certain things feel a bit cheaty. But none the less, minus the missing interactions, the mod is working and fun to play around with. Thanks.

Oh, before I forget, I do have a bug to report. For some reason when attempting the frankenstein mind control options, if there's a nearby chair my sim often tries to sit down for the interaction, which prevents the science gun from being used, and sometimes causes an error and resets both sims. Kinda random.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 6:53 PM
is there a chance this mod will be updated
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 4:06 AM
You really put a lot of through and work into this!
Test Subject
#49 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 6:51 PM
I've tested out this mod and it works great for me! For the other people who kept getting the last exception error, try taking out the mccc mod and test it again. I also have similar problems before (with other mods too) and even with only the mccc mod the last exception error keep popping up, and after deleting mccc mod there's no more error and my game don't crash any longer! :p
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:39 PM
miyuus -- MCCC is just reporting the problem(s) to you, not causing the problems itself... so deleting it won't get rid of the problems with your mods, you just won't be aware of them via a notification.
Page 2 of 4