Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Aspirations v.05

by ky-e Posted 27th Oct 2020 at 12:15 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2022 at 2:09 AM by HugeLunatic : removed advertising

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 6th May 2021 at 8:58 PM
Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 6th May 2021 at 11:49 PM
I’ve been trying to test play this, and not sure if I have a mod conflict or it’s not working.

Everything shows up in CAS fine. But in game, aspirations are still the small events. Plus when I click Change Aspiration (any age) the menu is blank
Test Subject
Original Poster
#78 Old 7th May 2021 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amy-2609
I’ve been trying to test play this, and not sure if I have a mod conflict or it’s not working.

Everything shows up in CAS fine. But in game, aspirations are still the small events. Plus when I click Change Aspiration (any age) the menu is blank

Could it be you installed the MERGED file without having all of the packs installed? That's been the issue with this in the past, but if not I'm sure we can figure it out
Test Subject
#79 Old 7th May 2021 at 10:11 AM
Hiya - I love this mod but I can’t get it to work right in game - Not sure if there are any known mod conflicts? I can get the overhauled aspirations and new aspirations to show up in CAS but in game, changing aspiration just brings up a blank menu ???????? I only have the individual package files downloaded and 1 folder deep (mods>aspirations) because I don’t have batuu or realm of magic and i removed the merged files thinking that was causing the issues but I’m still having it ???? any help on fixing this?! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 7th May 2021 at 3:08 PM
This mod is a new must-have for me. Awesome job!
Test Subject
#81 Old 7th May 2021 at 5:14 PM
I think you should add aspiration reward traits for each especific aspiration, instead of the "Fullfilled" trait
Test Subject
Original Poster
#82 Old 8th May 2021 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RatherRhi
Hiya - I love this mod but I can’t get it to work right in game - Not sure if there are any known mod conflicts? I can get the overhauled aspirations and new aspirations to show up in CAS but in game, changing aspiration just brings up a blank menu ???????? I only have the individual package files downloaded and 1 folder deep (mods>aspirations) because I don’t have batuu or realm of magic and i removed the merged files thinking that was causing the issues but I’m still having it ???? any help on fixing this?! Thank you!

If you're absolutely sure that you only installed the package files for the packs you have (including Kits), then some sort of mod conflict does seem the next likeliest answer. Do you have any mods which might conflict?

Quote: Originally posted by FedeG
I think you should add aspiration reward traits for each especific aspiration, instead of the "Fullfilled" trait

The problem is that reward traits don't serve much purpose here. If you don't finish the Aspirations until later in your Sim's life, then the trait doesn't really do them much good. I'll likely go the opposite way with this, removing all of the Reward Traits from the original Aspirations and moving them to the Rewards Store.
Test Subject
#83 Old 8th May 2021 at 8:28 AM
Default Awsome mod - thanks for your work
I love the concept of your aspirations. So many time I wanted to follow an aspiration and at some point there was a ... meh .. not interested in doing that moment along the way. I like the single big goal much better. I love the custom aspirations and the ideas they add for gameplay. Could you add some more skill related aspirations (ex. something around baking)?

Quote: Originally posted by ky-e
The problem is that reward traits don't serve much purpose here. If you don't finish the Aspirations until later in your Sim's life, then the trait doesn't really do them much good. I'll likely go the opposite way with this, removing all of the Reward Traits from the original Aspirations and moving them to the Rewards Store.

I think players like me who use a very long lifespan might reach some goals earlier in life. But I like the idea of having at least the useful ones in the reward store.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 8th May 2021 at 6:51 PM
Really cool mod. But could you maybe add one or two goals to some aspirations. For example painting that you also have to master painting skill, writing you also have tk master writing skill, nerd brain that you maybe have to master handiness, logic and rocket science skill, or fishing master the fishing skill etc.. oh and could you maybe add a baking and photography aspiration. Otherwise I really love the aspirations
Test Subject
Original Poster
#85 Old 9th May 2021 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Isus01010
I love the concept of your aspirations. So many time I wanted to follow an aspiration and at some point there was a ... meh .. not interested in doing that moment along the way. I like the single big goal much better. I love the custom aspirations and the ideas they add for gameplay. Could you add some more skill related aspirations (ex. something around baking)?

I think players like me who use a very long lifespan might reach some goals earlier in life. But I like the idea of having at least the useful ones in the reward store.

Exactly, this way the short-lifespan players can use them as well! Definitely working on a baking one, just trying to figure out a goal for it.

Quote: Originally posted by MoKothe10.
Really cool mod. But could you maybe add one or two goals to some aspirations. For example painting that you also have to master painting skill, writing you also have tk master writing skill, nerd brain that you maybe have to master handiness, logic and rocket science skill, or fishing master the fishing skill etc.. oh and could you maybe add a baking and photography aspiration. Otherwise I really love the aspirations

I just don't see much reason to do additional goals because you'll be accomplishing those things regardless. You aren't going to paint all of those masterpieces without mastering the painting skill, for example, so adding that as a goal doesn't serve any purpose beyond being another checkmark to fulfill. I would like to implement some of the smaller goals as Whims though, and I like the idea of mastering those three skills for the Nerd Brain Aspiration as a replacement for the current goal. I struggled a lot with the goal for that one and I'm not sure the one I have now really encompasses the spirit of the original.

Photography is a tricky one, I'd really love to do something with it but the skill itself doesn't have a lot of depth. I suppose something like "Take x number of Outstanding Photos" would work, I'd just have to test and see what a reasonable number would be.
Test Subject
#86 Old 9th May 2021 at 6:45 PM
My only question is, what expansions are needed for this to work properly?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 10th May 2021 at 1:27 AM
This is awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#88 Old 10th May 2021 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megadoomed
My only question is, what expansions are needed for this to work properly?

Whatever you have will work, so long as you only install the correct packages.
Test Subject
#89 Old 11th May 2021 at 3:28 PM
Hi there. I looked through the chain but didn't see anyone with this issue. A lot of the aspirations show up in CAS, but there are some that don't show (and instead it just shows a grey llama icon w/o a description). Do you know what the problem could be? I'm a new player so I only have basegame, and I went through all the CAS mods I have and none of them are the issue, it's only this one mod (unless, idk, a hair mod is messing it up?)
Test Subject
#90 Old 11th May 2021 at 3:58 PM
I seem to have an issue with some of the Aspirations. Some are missing entirely. Like, the icon is there, but there's no Title or Goal. I don't know if these are like work in progress ones you'll be adding later? Or if this is a bug with them for me. I took out the only mod I was using that was an actual mod, which was a Whims changing one, but it's still happening. The other things I have are just CC, nothing that changes the game itself.

Just the Knowledge area alone, there's 2 missing - One with the Medical icon, and the other with the Science icon. So I'm assuming these are supposed to be for the Doctor or Scientist careers, possibly? But for some reason they're not working. I have Get to Work, as well as all other packs, and haven't disabled any so I don't know what's the cause of this or if this is just something you'll be adding later. Thanks!
Test Subject
#91 Old 13th May 2021 at 2:54 PM
Love the idea of this mod, haven't played with it thoroughly yet, but definitely suits my playstyle better
I noticed that juice parties don't count towards the party animal aspiration. The aspiration is ridiculously broken without mods, I know that, but is there a way for you to make all parties count?
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 15th May 2021 at 11:50 PM
Note to MC Command Center users: If you have the ability for teens to quit high school turned on, when your kid ages to teen they won't be in high school and won't have any way to enroll. Disabling the ability to quit school and then restarting the game will fix this.
Test Subject
#93 Old 16th May 2021 at 11:53 AM
Default Not Completing
I'm currently doing the indie developer aspiration and whenever she receives her royalties nothing changed it still says 0/100000
Test Subject
#94 Old 23rd May 2021 at 11:33 PM
Somehow this mod prevents me from completing the "Successful Lineage" Aspiration where I need to complete an Aspiration with an offspring.
Test Subject
#95 Old 27th May 2021 at 3:20 PM
for some reason all of the aspirations are showing up twice, both in CAS and when i go to change them in-game...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#96 Old 27th May 2021 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arkania
Somehow this mod prevents me from completing the "Successful Lineage" Aspiration where I need to complete an Aspiration with an offspring.

I looked into it a bit, and it looks like that Aspiration needs a separate file to test for the completion of each Aspiration in the game in order to work right. Not only did I fail to make files for my new Aspirations, but it looks like the Sims team hasn't updated it with new Aspirations since the base game either! So that would explain the issue.

Rather than go through and make files for all 66 Aspirations (and then also needing to update it for future packs), I think I'll just change it to test for my "Fulfilled" reward trait, which will be coming to all of the Maxis Aspirations in the next update anyway. And that also prevents it from being fulfilled by the easier Aspirations like Occult or Location ones!

Quote: Originally posted by korilovesyou
for some reason all of the aspirations are showing up twice, both in CAS and when i go to change them in-game...

Sounds like the game isn't loading the replacement files. You might see if a new save solves the issue.

Also, I've tested the mod with the new update and everything seems to be in working order!
Test Subject
#97 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mocajava
Note to MC Command Center users: If you have the ability for teens to quit high school turned on, when your kid ages to teen they won't be in high school and won't have any way to enroll. Disabling the ability to quit school and then restarting the game will fix this.

The high school option is available as a career in my game, which sends them back to high school
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 8:51 AM
This mod is awesome, thank you! I think, that aspirations with careers could be more challenging. For example, instead of only "reach max career lvl", It could be "reach max career level and keep max. career performance rating for 3 days" ^^
Test Subject
#99 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 10:14 PM
Thank you, this is a great mod!!

Just an FYI to anyone having graphical problems in the "Change Aspiration" tab in Live Mode, this mod is NOT compatible with weerbesu's UI Extension Mod (as far as I can tell). That window is the only problem I've found, so it's not a massive deal if you don't want to change a sim's aspiration in the Live Mode tab.
Test Subject
#100 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 4:15 AM
I downloaded this mod and it does not work. I even created a whole new sims 4 game folder with no other mods and this mod still will not work. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it just wont work for me?
Page 4 of 10