Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Aspirations v.05

by ky-e Posted 27th Oct 2020 at 12:15 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2022 at 2:09 AM by HugeLunatic : removed advertising

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 10
Test Subject
Original Poster
#101 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kw1996
I downloaded this mod and it does not work. I even created a whole new sims 4 game folder with no other mods and this mod still will not work. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it just wont work for me?

Make sure that you've only installed the package files for the packs which you own, that can tend to cause issues otherwise.

And thank you everyone who's been posting mod compatibility issues here! I'm not sure whether I can fix any of them or not, but it's always nice to know.
Test Subject
#102 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 6:36 AM
I got a new game file of the sims 4 to try again in case I did something wrong the first time and its working now but I'm still getting 2 lama aspirations when I click on the location aspiration part. I made sure to take out the package files I don't have. I'm sorry to be a bother but I appreciate the help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 3:38 PM
This is an amazing mod. Now I don't feel like working off a laundry list anymore but actually feel like I have a life goal for my sim.
I was suprised how big of a negative impact those maxis step by step instruction aspirations had on how I played and "enjoyed" reaching them.
But it became so clear when I installed your mod and felt like I was finally giving the freedom in HOW and WHEN I went on achieving my sims aspiration.
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 2:48 AM
GRACIAS
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 10:20 PM
also the fact that this mod overrides the original aspirations making my sims be tagged as "modded" on the gallery is not really fun. maybe you should make a non default version of this mod so we can keep the original stuff and the new stuff.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 4:29 PM
This will add more variety to my game. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#107 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArmyDreamers
also the fact that this mod overrides the original aspirations making my sims be tagged as "modded" on the gallery is not really fun. maybe you should make a non default version of this mod so we can keep the original stuff and the new stuff.

I'm not really sure why you'd want to use a mod where the whole point is single-goal Aspirations if those don't suit your playstyle? Or if you don't like modded content? But if you're really hell-bent on it, it's a pretty simple thing to just go into the .package file using Sims 4 Studio and delete the relevant files. I'm afraid that nobody owes you the exact mod that you want.

Like I said, Aspirations being a single goal is the entire point of this mod (you might want to read the description before downloading next time). If you want all of these Aspirations but with multiple goals instead, then sounds like you're the perfect person to do that. But be warned, the amount of time required for such a feat is pretty insane!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#108 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 8:32 PM
This looks to be a really great mod as I'm getting really, really bored to tears with the EA ones. Thanks so much for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 3:23 PM
My sim's aspirations have always just been a "story" plot to me, kinda. I never finish half the aspiration goals and always just used them as a base for where their lives will go. This is perfect for my play style, I love it! Great job, and thank you! (❁´◡`❁)
Test Subject
#110 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArmyDreamers
im sorry hunty but you completely ruined aspirations with this mod. whats the point of adding so many aspirations if they all only have one goal? this mod is not only the worst mod i've downloaded on this website but its also pretty stupid

Dude, learn how to give constructive criticism. Because this reply is just downright rude and cruel.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 8:13 PM
wow, thank you! I'm so tired of the same old aspirations I've completed 20 times, excited to try these!
Test Subject
#112 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 9:26 AM
Heya! I LOOOVE the new aspirations this added but was wondering if there is a way I could keep the aspirations that are already in the game the same as well as have your new aspirations
Test Subject
#113 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 12:48 PM
Got a concern about the "Fulfilled" reward trait idea. I like the current reward traits, what will happen to them?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#114 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by taco4sims
Heya! I LOOOVE the new aspirations this added but was wondering if there is a way I could keep the aspirations that are already in the game the same as well as have your new aspirations

They're included as separate files, all you have to do is only install the new ones!

Quote: Originally posted by NathanYumekoe
Got a concern about the "Fulfilled" reward trait idea. I like the current reward traits, what will happen to them?

Current reward traits are being moved to the Rewards Store.
Test Subject
#115 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 2:19 PM
Default Issue with newest Update
A pervious comment on your page mentioned graphical problems in the change aspiration tab in live mode, and that it isn't compatible with weerbesu's ui extension mod.
I was having a similar issue, and have played with it some. At first I couldn't figure out which mod was messing up the game but I narrowed it down to this mod. I took out the mods folder in the sims 4 folder and one by one added them back in the figure out the problem. It hasn't been an issue before the latest update and I'm wondering if there's something incompatible. I took out weerbesu's UI extension mod in case that was the also the problem, but it did not change anything. I actually separated the new aspirations from the lifetime aspirations. When I add just the new aspiration files it shows the aspiration tab but for some reason won't show most of the goals within an aspiration. It does at least show something, unlike when I add the lifetime aspiration files. Then the tab goes blank in live mode. I made sure to delete the files for packs I do not own. Do you think there mght be an issue with the latest patch? I love this mod and don't want to have to delete it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#116 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EMiMiB
A pervious comment on your page mentioned graphical problems in the change aspiration tab in live mode, and that it isn't compatible with weerbesu's ui extension mod.
I was having a similar issue, and have played with it some. At first I couldn't figure out which mod was messing up the game but I narrowed it down to this mod. I took out the mods folder in the sims 4 folder and one by one added them back in the figure out the problem. It hasn't been an issue before the latest update and I'm wondering if there's something incompatible. I took out weerbesu's UI extension mod in case that was the also the problem, but it did not change anything. I actually separated the new aspirations from the lifetime aspirations. When I add just the new aspiration files it shows the aspiration tab but for some reason won't show most of the goals within an aspiration. It does at least show something, unlike when I add the lifetime aspiration files. Then the tab goes blank in live mode. I made sure to delete the files for packs I do not own. Do you think there mght be an issue with the latest patch? I love this mod and don't want to have to delete it!

I haven't seen any issues on my end. You could maybe try clearing your cache? I have yet to experience this issue myself so I'm not sure it will work, but it's fixed similar UI bugs for me in the past.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#117 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 8:53 PM
These are such great aspirations! Thank you so much for fixing aspirations
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 7:26 AM
Thanks so much for confirming that this works with the latest patch <3 This mod is a must-have for gameplay!
Test Subject
#119 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 2:41 PM
Hey,
I just downloaded the mod yesterday and it seems to be working fine, I just get those strange llama symbols in CAS but chose to simply ignore them.
There is one issue though: The category "Athletic" is not being shown in CAS. Is this a known issue or am I alone with this? What could the problem be?
Thank You very much in advance and this is a great mod!
Test Subject
#120 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lycrial
Hey,
I just downloaded the mod yesterday and it seems to be working fine, I just get those strange llama symbols in CAS but chose to simply ignore them.
There is one issue though: The category "Athletic" is not being shown in CAS. Is this a known issue or am I alone with this? What could the problem be?
Thank You very much in advance and this is a great mod!

hey, me too! but instead of Athletic, it's both Knowledge and Local categories that are missing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#121 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 6:30 PM Last edited by ky-e : 28th Jul 2021 at 6:59 PM.
Thank you both for the reports! I think there was a small update to the game yesterday which I haven't been able to test yet, I'll see if I can replicate this issue and fix it!

EDIT: I'm not seeing this issue in my game, unfortunately. The best thing that I can think of is to try clearing your cache , and let me know if that works!
Test Subject
#122 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:28 PM
Default Missing athletic aspiration
Quote: Originally posted by deareaper
hey, me too! but instead of Athletic, it's both Knowledge and Local categories that are missing

These are missing for me as well today. Is this mod maybe uncompatible with chinyu traits or any others?
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ky-e
Make sure that you've only installed the package files for the packs which you own, that can tend to cause issues otherwise.

And thank you everyone who's been posting mod compatibility issues here! I'm not sure whether I can fix any of them or not, but it's always nice to know.

It would be helpful if you listed the expansion/game/stuff packs and kits that came with new aspirations, so that people know if they have to look at the separated files or not. I had no idea that the Bust the Dust kit came with an aspiration, so I had the merged package in my mods folder. If someone doesn't have a particular pack, they might not be aware that the pack came with an aspiration that you've modded.

Mods rock my sox.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 6:22 AM
THANKS
Test Subject
#125 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 3:37 AM
Do you know if this mod would conflict with other custom aspirations? In particular MarlynSims has one related to retirement and some extra kids' ones that I want to keep
Page 5 of 10