Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Tattoos that Really Stick!**Updated 10/22**

by SpaceDoll Posted 13th Oct 2007 at 9:31 PM - Updated 23rd Oct 2007 at 7:00 AM by SpaceDoll : male tattoo 4 is right after all!

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 8:28 PM
Oh, great, I didn't know about the patch. And I think J.M. has updated all his hacks, so I guess I'm good to go. I just have a sim I want to get through Uni, first. I don't know why, but I hate to install a new EP when I've got sims at Uni. Must be my OCD showing a little! How embarassing.

i've massacred my manicure, (am i poisoned flesh?)
and made a mess, (a sweet caress)
of morning light to midnight.
Inventor
#27 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 2:26 AM
Thank you.
I always hated that the tattoos didn't stay with the body during the lifetime of the sims.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 7:05 PM
I'm not really sure why but I can't seem to get Female Tattoo #4 to show up. It just shows the same tattoo as #1. Any suggestions? I really like that tattoo!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 3:24 AM
Hey, Apollo, if you downloaded just the first zip, tattoo 4 is just tattoo 1 without the necklace piece. To get the fish, you must download the second zip (SpaceDollsMaxisTattoo4) and install it to the same folder you installed the other packages to. Let it overwrite the old tattoo 4, and you should have the new tattoo. Good luck!

Field Researcher
#30 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 11:31 AM
These are very cool thanks! Can't wait to see what else you do!
Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 7:45 PM
Well that couldn't have been more obvious, I normally read those "Update" things heh. Thanks SpaceDoll.
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:49 PM
Hi, I would like to download this file and try them out, but the file errors out. Can you please correct it for me. Thanks.
Quote: Originally posted by SpaceDoll
UPDATE!! I discovered a typo in tattoo package 1 that prevented the tattoo from showing up on teen males. That, combined with my previous update, has inspired me to fix the big zip file. Now, there is just one zip available, with both the corrected packages. If you downloaded before 10/23, and care at all about teen males having Maxis tattoo 1, then download it one more time! Soooo sorry, guys!

**Update: thanks to you helpful posters, I now realize that I was too silly to even notice another Maxis tattoo! Maxis Female Tattoo 4 is now the Japanese style koi backpiece and asian characters on the left shoulder included with the blue halter top, as pictured in the new screenshot below.
The new package will replace just tattoo 4, so just plop it in the same location and let it overwrite. If you haven't downloaded either zip, you will need to download SpaceDollMaxisTattoos and unzip it first, then SpaceDollsMaxisTattoo4 and let it overwrite. If, for some reason you want the mish mash of other tattoos described below and included in the original zip, just don't download the new one.**
Sorry I was so blind, guys!

Just like the title says, these are the tattoos that Maxis gave us as parts of clothing, only they don't come off! Not when your sim changes clothes, or showers, or age transitions. Yay!! To make these, I altered Morague's original Tattoo Overlay package, according to her tutorial. Thank you Morague, for the original package, and all your help. As stated in her original upload, you must have the Seasons EP to use this object, as it utilizes the sunburn overlay included with that expansion. The object is a crate located under Misc./misc. called, umm, Maxis Tattoo something or 'nother. I forgot! But, it costs $1, you'll find it easily. Oh, just a note, the first time you use the object, you will get a significant lag. On my computer it was about 2 minutes; I assume it is equivalent to the lag you experience when your Sims are sunburned. Don't worry, just wait. When you click on the object, you will get pie menu options to add or remove tattoos. After each image below is a full description of the included tattoos.

Male Tattoos:

Maxis 1 consists of a devil face on the right shoulder (I think, or is it some sort of winged demon teddy bear?), a dragon on the left shoulder and a tribal winged piece on the small of the back. These tattoos are from the young adult shirtless top that came with University.

Maxis 2 is the samurai full back piece, chest panels, and half sleeves. This is from the young adult shirtless top that came with University.

Maxis 3 consists of a cat face (I think!) surrounded by tribal designs and a banner on the right shoulder, a tribal band, winged character and wrist bands on the left arm, letters on all knuckles, dagger on the right calf, and asian style characters on the left calf. These are from the young adult outfit with white tank and camo shorts that came with University.

Maxis 4 and 5 both have tribal designs on right arm and shoulder, tribal design on left shoulder, wrist bands on left arm, and letters on knuckles. Four also has a tribal piece on the small of the back, characters above the navel, and a tribal piece on the left calf. Five also has the right arm banner, left arm winged character, and right calf dagger from Maxis 3 and a character on the upper left chest that to me resembles the ghost of the Pillsbury DoughBoy. Maxis 4 tattoos are from the young adult outfit with no shirt and black shorts, and Maxis 5 tattoos are from the young adult outfit with black tank and red shorts, both from University.

Female Tattoos:

Maxis 1 consists of a tribal arm band on the right arm, a tribal piece on the back of the neck, a tribal necklace with a plumbob centerpiece, and a tribal sun on the back of the left hand. These tattoos are from the maroon halter top that came with NightLife.

Maxis 2 is a tribal barbed wire armband on the right arm. This tattoo is from the red bra/black fishnet croptop that came with the original game.

Maxis 3 consists of a red diamond armband on the right arm and a blue tribal sun on the upper left chest. These are from the young adult punk outfit with camouflage tights that came with University.

Maxis 4 consists of all the tattoos from Maxis 1 excluding the plumbob necklace piece.

Maxis 5 is the diamond armband from Maxis 3.

Oh, and by the way, I couldn't care less what you do with my uploads. Share 'em with your friends, pass 'em around willy nilly, grind 'em up and make a milkshake. Don't Care!! But remember, Morague made the originals, and all the bits that make this thing work are her's, so always giver her credit, and don't mess with her, or I'll be after you. Have fun!
Test Subject
#33 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:54 PM
Hi, I am unable to download the file, can you fix it for me. I would love to test it out.

Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 8:19 AM
Well, I just downloaded both the zip and the Q-xpress, so I don't see what the problem is. Maybe you could give it another shot?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 10:46 PM
Users have run into this problem before, but never quite so completely! Usually, it only happens once in awhile, but I guess you're special! This object uses the sunburn/frostbite overlay, and that's just how it works, sometimes. I check back on Morague's original thread occasionally, but I don't see any kind of solution forthcoming. Basically, we just have to accept the issues, and reapply the tattoos. Sucks, I know, but I don't have the necessary ability to figure out a solution. So sorry! I know that to me, it is still worth the hassle to have tattoos!

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 6:43 AM
Awesome. And I'm trying not to overuse that word.

And it's gone, baby, gone.
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:33 PM
Omgsh. TY. Perfect For Movies, Screens Ect (:

Btw, Do They Work With The Maxis Skintones Only, Or Any Skintones?

x
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:40 PM
Any skintone. I use default replacements, and they are fine.

Field Researcher
#41 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpaceDoll
Users have run into this problem before, but never quite so completely! Usually, it only happens once in awhile, but I guess you're special! This object uses the sunburn/frostbite overlay, and that's just how it works, sometimes. I check back on Morague's original thread occasionally, but I don't see any kind of solution forthcoming. Basically, we just have to accept the issues, and reapply the tattoos. Sucks, I know, but I don't have the necessary ability to figure out a solution. So sorry! I know that to me, it is still worth the hassle to have tattoos!

Awwww. Too bad. I was so excited to see this but I am having the same issue. None of the tattoos. Stick. *sigh* I'll keep watching to see if there is a solution. I was really looking forward to having the tattoos. Thank you for these.

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me." -- Bart Simpson
Space Pony
#42 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 7:14 AM
This is so awesome. I am thrilled that someone is making more tattoos This really is what i had hoped for when I originally made the object - that someone with more artistic talent than I have do lots of tattoos.

Thank you, SpaceDoll!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:16 PM
No, thank you, Morague!

Let's form a mutual admiration society, shall we?

I can't wait until you have that new tutorial out, and I can fix these puppies.

#44 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:24 PM
SpaceDoll, I *think* there is an updated tutorial out. Have you tried to fix "these puppies" yet?

Even if not, thanks; I`ve downloaded it anyway.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#45 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:23 AM Last edited by irishstormy : 22nd Mar 2010 at 1:30 AM. Reason: to get more info on why this download is not working
Help
im haveing problems with getting the tattoss on my sims what in the world is goin on someone please help no mater what i do they wont show up at all does it have to do withe ep's i have (i have night life, teen style stuff, pets, seasons, and apartment life does any of them interfering with the download or what)
#46 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:47 PM
I`d like to report that this caused issues on a Vampire PlantSim I have. I tried to apply a tattoo to her, and her head lost its distinctive coloring. I tried to remove the tattoo, and her head color changed again. She now has a "normal" vampire overlay on her non-PlantSim head and a "normal" vampire overlay on her PlantSim body. Combined with the odd facial structure I gave her when I created her, she now looks rather ugly. ::sigh:: Anyone have any ideas on how I could restore the PlantSim skin to her head?

#47 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, ReadReedRed; I found that thread after I posted the above, and I`ve posted and discussed the situation with people there. I don`t know what to do to "fix" her, but she has partially fixed herself. She now has the proper PlantSim facials, but the Vampyre overlay is missing from her face. Until someone can tell me the right way to fix her, I`m inclined to leave her be, as she seems to be otherwise OK, and trying to remove the tattoo might make things worse again. ::shrug::

Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 12:50 PM
LIMECAT TATTOO!!

(that's the weird cat tattoo on the shoulder.)

THANK you. Now my rebel teens can go and get tattoos!

(The parent sims will be sending you hate letters shortly. They can't even cope with a few piercings! (Well, they can but...))
Instructor
#49 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 2:25 PM
I'm having the issue that when I restart the game for any reason (not least of which being the need to sleep or eat), I have to reapply the tats.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Field Researcher
#50 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 6:26 PM Last edited by Artemida : 17th Aug 2013 at 6:24 PM.
Quinctia has made a fix so now the tattoos really stick. You can find it here.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
Friedrich Nietzche
In the middle of Nowhere
Page 2 of 3