Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#9476 Old 14th Jan 2023 at 12:38 AM Last edited by Elynda : 14th Jan 2023 at 12:51 AM.
I tried using Save Cleaner, but that made no difference. The individual portraits that appear over lot in live mode, when sims are on the lot, appear to be okay, it's just the whole family thumbnails in edit town that are wrong. Well, so long as they appear okay in live mode I suppose it's just something I'll have to live with. Thanks anyway @LadySmoks.

EDIT: The only solution I've found is to move each of the families out, save them to the Library (where the thumbnail appears correctly) and then move that copy back into the house. It's a long winded way of going about it, and doesn't solve why it was happening in the first place, but it works.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#9477 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 5:04 PM
I've never played with the band mechanincs from Late Night before, but I created a band with the two sims in my household plus one townie, and we cannot book any gigs for some reason. All of the band members have musical skills. I've looked up solutions all over the internet, and many people suggested jamming with the band in bars to get the attention of the owners. I tried that, so far, nothing. I've only been able to get money from individual owners playing on the street for tips, but even then it's not more than $100 per session since I hardly get more than a few sims pop over to listen. Does anyone know if I'm missing something here?

Also, an even stupider question...did EA just quietly disconnect the Exchange? It's the weirdest thing, I can view pages, but if I try to login, my browser says it can't connect. I've tried in both Chrome and Firefox with no luck. Because of this, it doesn't let me download anything either. I know the Exchange is dated as hell and I shouldn't really care too much when I can find better stuff on here/Tumblr, but I used to like downloading sims on the Exchange to quickly put custom CAS content into my game en mass.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
#9478 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itskatie
I've never played with the band mechanincs from Late Night before, but I created a band with the two sims in my household plus one townie, and we cannot book any gigs for some reason. All of the band members have musical skills. I've looked up solutions all over the internet, and many people suggested jamming with the band in bars to get the attention of the owners. I tried that, so far, nothing. I've only been able to get money from individual owners playing on the street for tips, but even then it's not more than $100 per session since I hardly get more than a few sims pop over to listen. Does anyone know if I'm missing something here?

Also, an even stupider question...did EA just quietly disconnect the Exchange? It's the weirdest thing, I can view pages, but if I try to login, my browser says it can't connect. I've tried in both Chrome and Firefox with no luck. Because of this, it doesn't let me download anything either. I know the Exchange is dated as hell and I shouldn't really care too much when I can find better stuff on here/Tumblr, but I used to like downloading sims on the Exchange to quickly put custom CAS content into my game en mass.

The Exchange is still working for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#9479 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itskatie

You could try using these:
https://modthesims.info/d/532058/up...-band-gigs.html
https://modthesims.info/d/471502/mo...night-1-63.html
Late Night Gig scheduler:
http://simlogical.com/ContentUpload...e/uploads/1057/
Forum Resident
#9480 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
The Exchange is still working for me.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my computer then, because it does not let me log in no matter what.

I even checked the link it sends me to when I try to log in on the down detector, and it tells me that it's down for everyone: https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com...com?proto=https

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Test Subject
#9481 Old 27th Feb 2023 at 3:55 PM
What will happen if you use testingcheatsenabled true or MasterController to modify npc/townie all over? (I mean if you change all traits, age, gender etc.) I would create a wonderful inter galaxian family and I want male and young adult alien with specific traits for that.
Field Researcher
#9482 Old 27th Feb 2023 at 4:46 PM
Where do I put the downloaded schools so that they will show up in the lot bin?

Prince Avalanche
Top Secret Researcher
#9483 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 1:24 AM
If they are in Sims3pack format, into the Downloads folder and then install them like any other CC.
If they are packages, into the Library folder. I would recommend extracting Sims3packs to make packages in general.
Field Researcher
#9484 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 3:55 PM Last edited by Prince Avalanche : 1st Mar 2023 at 7:10 PM.
Thanks and I will try that. The schools for Witches aren't showing up in the Community Lots Catalog. What do I do to make them show up?

Prince Avalanche
Field Researcher
#9485 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 9:24 PM
Which mod or lot download are you using?

If it is this, it's a custom career (for adults- though using Nraas' MasterController you can assign a teenager an adult job, and then put the teen into home school). The rabbit hole for this career is the standard school one. Put the file in your mod folder and your sims can take the job like usual.

If it's this or the teen version, then it's a custom private school for kids that still has them going to the school rabbit hole (rather than being sent away to an EA academy). Put this one in your mod folder too and adults can enroll their kids in the school by phone.

If it's an actual lot, 310175 is correct on where the lot goes.
Field Researcher
#9486 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 9:41 PM
Thank you for replying and it the Schools for Witches.

Prince Avalanche
Scholar
#9487 Old 5th Mar 2023 at 12:04 PM
Does anyone know the speed of the taxi? Asking for my kleptomaniac so he knows what car to steal :p
Lab Assistant
#9488 Old 10th Mar 2023 at 7:08 PM
In order to get the 1000 simpoints for WA,(I don't know if this is still a thing, but at least I can try, right?), should I register the game, or redeem a code on the sims 3 store? Or both?
Scholar
#9489 Old 10th Mar 2023 at 10:19 PM
@candyboot - I should think just registering WA ought to get you the 1000 points. I'm assuming it still is a thing, it's a long time since I registered all my discs so I can't be sure. There's certainly nothing on the box that sets a time limit.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Forum Resident
#9490 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
In order to get the 1000 simpoints for WA,(I don't know if this is still a thing, but at least I can try, right?), should I register the game, or redeem a code on the sims 3 store? Or both?

It's one of those things when you just need to try it. Worst thing to happen is they say no?
Field Researcher
#9491 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 6:33 AM
As far as I know, they are still selling all of the expansions and stuff packs with the exception of Sweet Treats which means that you should get the points for registering.
Scholar
#9492 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 6:29 AM
Is there a way or mod that lets sims to randomly switch between outfits within the same category? Like randomly chosing Everyday 1, 2 or 3 after showering?
Lab Assistant
#9493 Old 22nd Mar 2023 at 8:23 PM
Do you download sims 3 store worlds the same way as other store stuff?
Top Secret Researcher
#9494 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 2:19 AM
Do you download sims 3 store worlds the same way as other store stuff?

Yes, you do.
Test Subject
#9495 Old 8th Apr 2023 at 9:58 AM
I am unable to switch an active household. Seems that only one household in the town has this problem. Game has set the household an "neigbourhood pet center" (dunno what its name is in english) by random. Is this reason I can't switch into the household?
Theorist
#9496 Old 13th Apr 2023 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 14th Apr 2023 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Research saves lots of money...
I don't know where to put this. It isn't a game problem or a mod problem, it's a hoarding / not staying on top of my shizz problem.

I have 2 external hard drives that have all of the TS3 stuff I've hoarded which includes what feels like countless folders of screenshots. It's the screenshots that I'm stuck in my head about.

The drives are acting up so they're going to be replaced which would make for a good time to clean out whatever needs to go. That being said, in a perfect world, I would have folders for each world and labeled them accordingly so I would know what is what. Because I use my computer as a digital dumping ground, there are some screenshots I know what world they're from, others... it is anybodies guess.

I would like to give these screenshots a home other than taking up space on hard drives that sit in my file cabinet when not in use. I've tried the Tumblr thing at least 3 times over the years only to find I can't stand all the drama, so I was thinking about putting up a pic site on Squarespace or something. I've downloaded TSR workshop, so maybe I could stick the scenic pics in frames and people could put them in their game if they wanted. I don't know who would want them, but perhaps somebody would like them. (?)

Here's the question:

Since I've created a colossal mess for myself, do I ditch all the pics sans my favorites and start over, or just skip the information what world the pics came from? I like to post those details as people put tons of work and hours into custom worlds and they deserve a shout out for it along with a link to the world and whatever else. This is just me wanting to give credit where credit is due.

I'm fully aware of how dumb all of this is, but sometimes it is really stupid things that clog my brain.

EDIT:

I slept on this, then looked into the Squarespace thing some more. There is no way I'm paying $192.00 per year ( if paid annually) so I can host 250 images. That's almost a dollar per image. To be exact, it would be 0.768 per image. If I paid monthly, it would be worse. It would be $276.00 per year which means that would come out to be 1.104 per image. Not to mention all the hoops a person has to jump through if they want to remove a image.

All these people / websites touting that Squarespace is so easy and comes with unlimited storage... https://forum.squarespace.com/topic...storage-limits/

I'll keep my crap to myself, thankyouverymuch.
Lab Assistant
#9497 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 6:57 PM
When I loaded up my family, a got this popup saying that if I wanted a could move(and I think the pop up said I could move out of town).
And sure enough, there was this option on the cell phone that I could move out of town! I thought that moving out of town was only possible thanks to mods. And I do not have any mods installed.
Is this due to the fact that I installed hidden springs recently?
Forum Resident
#9498 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 7:11 PM
When I loaded up my family, a got this popup saying that if I wanted a could move(and I think the pop up said I could move out of town).
And sure enough, there was this option on the cell phone that I could move out of town! I thought that moving out of town was only possible thanks to mods. And I do not have any mods installed.
Is this due to the fact that I installed hidden springs recently?

It has been a LONG time, but I believe the "move to a new town" option comes, either as part of WA, or possibbly when you add any other EA town, and is separate from other mods... I think...
Scholar
#9499 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
It has been a LONG time, but I believe the "move to a new town" option comes, either as part of WA, or possibbly when you add any other EA town, and is separate from other mods... I think...

I didn't know that. I'd always assumed it was because I had Nraas Traveller installed, but I assumed wrong it seems! I know I get that message every time I open a save that was made before I installed a new world. Well, TIL!

Lab Assistant
#9500 Old 19th Apr 2023 at 8:10 PM
I know that if you dont install the sims 3 store content patch right when you are on patch 1.67, the sims 3 store stuff are not going to work correctly. But what does that really mean?

I am a bit worried that I might have done something wrong. My store stuff shows up and so forth, everything seems fine, but what if I have done something wrong with the sims 3 store content patch? IF I have done something wrong, what will then happen to my installed store stuff? The stuff will flash blue or...?
Page 380 of 385