Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#9576 Old 23rd Nov 2023 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
EUREKA! @SimmyRN sorry, another of those things I have had for so long that I totally forgot. Yes, you need "No CD"!

I thought so. Thank you Norn and LadySmoks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#9577 Old 26th Nov 2023 at 1:36 PM
Can I changed the relationship between two sims in a household without starting a new game or creating a new household?
Forum Resident
#9578 Old 26th Nov 2023 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bentleigh
Can I changed the relationship between two sims in a household without starting a new game or creating a new household?

Depends on the ages of the Sims, but Nraas Master Controller has relations in the (I think) intermediate section.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Field Researcher
#9579 Old 26th Nov 2023 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Depends on the ages of the Sims, but Nraas Master Controller has relations in the (I think) intermediate section.

It's either intermediate or advanced (and you might need to have the cheats add-on for Master Controller). Having said that, you can pick parent/child relationships and siblings. Anything more extended than that (aunt/uncle, grandparent, cousin, etc) will need you to build the relationships out from there. Like if you want to set a grandparent relationship, you have to pick the grandkid's parent. That parent doesn't need to be in the family- if you play Bridgeport the Adkins has that set up with the father being in the homeless NPC pool- or even alive. Unfortunately that seems to be hard coded in by EA.
Forum Resident
#9580 Old 26th Nov 2023 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
It's either intermediate or advanced (and you might need to have the cheats add-on for Master Controller). Having said that, you can pick parent/child relationships and siblings. Anything more extended than that (aunt/uncle, grandparent, cousin, etc) will need you to build the relationships out from there. Like if you want to set a grandparent relationship, you have to pick the grandkid's parent. That parent doesn't need to be in the family- if you play Bridgeport the Adkins has that set up with the father being in the homeless NPC pool- or even alive. Unfortunately that seems to be hard coded in by EA.

I have had my game loaded with Nraas mods, almost from the day I started playing. Yes, there may be other parts needed.

There are 2 basic options that I can think of... Basic relationships, from 0 to 100. It may be cheats module that also allows to click and slide that in the relationships panel? The other that I know of is relations type. Some types will change with the 0 to 100, and the 0 to 100 will change with type, but is at the minimal amount for the type. Only t thru e can be assigned as romantic, spouse, etc. That was what I meant about depending on the age of the Sims.

The one for assigning family tree is in advanced section, family, and assigns child, parent or sibling. Making aunts and uncles is a bit more, but I believe is doable.

Inventor
#9581 Old 27th Nov 2023 at 3:52 PM
I am really not a fan of the baby stage. I wonder if it can do any damage if I changed the stage length to just 1 day? Because the setting in game wont allow that, I would have to edit the settings file directly, but I wonder if it might damage my save in any way?
Forum Resident
#9582 Old 27th Nov 2023 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
I am really not a fan of the baby stage. I wonder if it can do any damage if I changed the stage length to just 1 day? Because the setting in game wont allow that, I would have to edit the settings file directly, but I wonder if it might damage my save in any way?

I never tried this, but maybe set stage to 3 days, and use birthday cake to age up? I know that you can take a baby into CAS and age up that way. Probably need to reset the Sim afterward.

Scholar
#9583 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 4:24 AM
I know I've seen it but I can't find the mod/manager that lets you pick which expansion packs you want to load when you start the game using 1.67 patch (not EA manager). I'm hoping someone can help me find it. Also, does anyone know if it lets you select/de-select store content? I have a lot of Store items to re-download on my new laptop but I don't necessarily want to use them when I'm creating items for upload. Same thing for expansion / stuff packs. Thanks for your help!
Top Secret Researcher
#9584 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
I know I've seen it but I can't find the mod/manager that lets you pick which expansion packs you want to load when you start the game using 1.67 patch (not EA manager). I'm hoping someone can help me find it. Also, does anyone know if it lets you select/de-select store content? I have a lot of Store items to re-download on my new laptop but I don't necessarily want to use them when I'm creating items for upload. Same thing for expansion / stuff packs. Thanks for your help!

There is Any Game Starter 3: https://modthesims.info/d/406814/an...ated-v-2-6.html which allows to have different configurations.

A simpler solution for chosing which EP/SP to load is SIm Game Selector 3.0: https://modthesims.info/d/499140/si...stuff-quot.html
Top Secret Researcher
#9585 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
There is Any Game Starter 3: https://modthesims.info/d/406814/an...ated-v-2-6.html which allows to have different configurations.

A simpler solution for chosing which EP/SP to load is Sim Game Selector 3.0: https://modthesims.info/d/499140/si...stuff-quot.html

For managing additional content (store/mods/cc) I find it easiest to work with different User folders. I have one "Vanilla" folder for testing or building, and several for different worlds I'm playing with different sets of store/mods/cc. When I want to switch, I just rename them and it's done. This method doesn't allow you to pick EP/SPs though but could be used in combination with Sim Game Selector.

Mind that even if you release something for Base game, a certain patch level might still be required as some things came with EP but were patched into the base game.
Scholar
#9586 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 3:42 PM
For managing additional content (store/mods/cc) I find it easiest to work with different User folders. I have one "Vanilla" folder for testing or building, and several for different worlds I'm playing with different sets of store/mods/cc. When I want to switch, I just rename them and it's done. This method doesn't allow you to pick EP/SPs though but could be used in combination with Sim Game Selector.

Mind that even if you release something for Base game, a certain patch level might still be required as some things came with EP but were patched into the base game.

Thanks Norn! I imagine you’re talking about different folders with different content to switch in and out of your user documents folder? I like to make one with just my base, expansion, and stuff packs. (Don’t always have stuff packs installed. Didn’t think of copying it before I put in the stuff packs, darn it.). Then, I make one with Store content, with mods/cc, and so forth. Is that the method you’re talking about? Unless there is something simpler? I do a lot of content creation and want to be sure my uploads are free of CC, etc. I’m excited to try a game selector as I’ve never used one. I’ve just tried to be scrupulous when selecting items in buy or build mode. I do include the patch level I’m using in case it makes a difference. I appreciate your assistance!
Top Secret Researcher
#9587 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 5:26 PM
Thanks Norn! I imagine you’re talking about different folders with different content to switch in and out of your user documents folder?

Yes, I am talking about your User folder in My Documents. It has a specific path, something like C:\Users\Norn\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (might slightly differ due to different Operating systems). It is independent of which EP/SP you have installed, it always has the same structure and content.

If you rename the folder "The Sims 3", to something like e.g. "The Sims 3 Test", the game will create a new folder "The Sims 3" upon loading.

For example, I have several folders, they are called
"The Sims 3 Test": a few NRAAS mods only
"The Sims 3 Play": contains lots of mods and store content
"The Sims 3 Medieval": contains mods for medieval gameplay, a lot of default replacements, medieval clothing etc.

Before starting the game, I decide which configuration I want, rename that respective folder to "The Sims 3" and that's it. This has no impact on what EP/SP are loaded!

I like to make one with just my base, expansion, and stuff packs. (Don’t always have stuff packs installed. Didn’t think of copying it before I put in the stuff packs, darn it.)

This refers to your installation folder. I never tried to move those folders around, I used the mods I mentioned in my previous posts to take care of that.
Mad Poster
#9588 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 7:45 PM
I have multiple games also by renaming the main one and creating new ones. And I have darn near all my way too much CC as packages and pull in and out of my game as wanted. And I have divided much of it into which worlds it will be used in or in folders such as modern, contemporary and many others. Right now I have just the CC I want in a world I am working on in my active game.
Scholar
#9589 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 11:33 PM
Yes, I am talking about your User folder in My Documents. It has a specific path, something like C:\Users\Norn\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (might slightly differ due to different Operating systems). It is independent of which EP/SP you have installed, it always has the same structure and content.

If you rename the folder "The Sims 3", to something like e.g. "The Sims 3 Test", the game will create a new folder "The Sims 3" upon loading.

For example, I have several folders, they are called
"The Sims 3 Test": a few NRAAS mods only
"The Sims 3 Play": contains lots of mods and store content
"The Sims 3 Medieval": contains mods for medieval gameplay, a lot of default replacements, medieval clothing etc.

Before starting the game, I decide which configuration I want, rename that respective folder to "The Sims 3" and that's it. This has no impact on what EP/SP are loaded!

This refers to your installation folder. I never tried to move those folders around, I used the mods I mentioned in my previous posts to take care of that.

Oh I see. I never thought about leaving having all the folders in my documents file and just renaming one to be "The Sims 3". That's probably easier than renaming them and moving them back and forth. I'm sure they would be ignored by the program. I guess I was just worried about having them all in the same folder causing some problem. I realize this is a different topic that selectively loading EPs/SPs. Thanks so much!!
Scholar
#9590 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have multiple games also by renaming the main one and creating new ones. And I have darn near all my way too much CC as packages and pull in and out of my game as wanted. And I have divided much of it into which worlds it will be used in or in folders such as modern, contemporary and many others. Right now I have just the CC I want in a world I am working on in my active game.

Thanks for your reply, daisylee! I use very little or no CC but do use some mods for building. I plan to use the No CD and Pack selector, though, so I'll need to add at least the no CD mod to all the games. I'll probably make another game/file that is set up with other mods/CC.
Scholar
#9591 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 11:50 PM
Sorry for one more question. Does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying "Cannot connect to Origin" message when the launcher opens? Thank you!
Scholar
#9592 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 7:43 AM Last edited by Elynda : 29th Nov 2023 at 7:56 AM.
I'd like to know that too. Although it's only a minor irritant, I've wondered if it might be related to a bigger one. I usually try to be offline when I use the Launcher, but sometimes I forget, and then I get that 'Cannot connect to Origin' message. But what is more annoying is that, if I install or uninstall anything, there is always a long delay before I am able to shut the Launcher down. The items install or uninstall without any problem, but the window doesn't close when I click on the tick and I get that little 'no entry' sign when I mouse over the little x in the top corner. So why the long wait? When I'm offline I can close it as soon as I'm done.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#9593 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 4:00 PM
What does HUD in the sims mean?
Test Subject
#9594 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 5:33 PM Last edited by CaveBoundGirl : 10th Feb 2024 at 5:35 PM. Reason: format fail
I typed "What does HUD mean in gaming?" into Google, and

Quote:
heads-up display
In video gaming, the HUD (heads-up display) or status bar is the method by which information is visually relayed to the player as part of a game's user interface.

I hope that helps! 🥰
Test Subject
#9595 Old 12th Feb 2024 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaveBoundGirl
I typed "What does HUD mean in gaming?" into Google, and

I hope that helps! 🥰

Thanks!! so UI = HUD
Lab Assistant
#9596 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 4:43 PM
I saw Sims 3 showtime limited edition in a thrift store. Question is, do I still get the limited edition stuff? My guess is no, but I am still hoping.
Forum Resident
#9597 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
I saw Sims 3 showtime limited edition in a thrift store. Question is, do I still get the limited edition stuff? My guess is no, but I am still hoping.

If you're asking will the code for the LE content will still work, I think it should. People are still using them even today with success afaik.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Lab Assistant
#9598 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 7:40 PM
Are Sims made unselectable able to keep themselves alive if autonomy is set to high? I'm feeling a bit lonely on my year-old one-sim save but opposite to TS2 I'm really not feeling up to looking after several sims and I feel like it fits with the lore of my Sim being pretty detached from everything, so I'm thinking of making her start a family and making them unselectable once it's reasonable. Basically live with them like with a butler, there but non-playable, as cold as this sounds lol.
Also, are unselectable sims affected by story progression in regards to relationships? Like, will they end up in relationships, pregnant etc without my telling so?
Scholar
#9599 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 9:16 PM
@Matryoshkah

In my experience sims left to take care of themselves aren't terribly good at it. If they are anything like the Sorority/Fraternity members or room-mates on the University campus you will see them in the red for much of the time. They always seem to be out of the house, way after the day's classes are over, on the verge of keeling over from utter exhaustion. And I'm pretty sure that some of them would die of starvation if my sim didn't cook group meals and call them to eat. I often cheat and give them all at least level two cooking skill, so that when they do cook for themselves it doesn't always turn out as an inedible, carbonised mass,

So far as personal hygiene goes: most of them walk about trailing noxious green vapours for days on end, even when there are ample wash facilities. And if there are washing machines in the place, I'd advise you to delete them if you don't want to be tripping over piles of festering clothing all the time, because they won't use the things.

So much for 'higher education'. I'm not sure if making your family sims un-selectable would produce the same kind of morons, I've never tried it. But I very much suspect it would.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
#9600 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 11:59 PM
I just used the Age Freeze Potion Liftetime reward for the first time on my elder since I want her to finish one of the horse riding challenges. It says to age/kill her again, I need her to blow out the candles of the birthday cake. Will she die at her birthday party? Just curious.
Page 384 of 385