Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#151 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 5:40 AM
That a lot of my sims (most of who are about to turn elderly) want babies. It's like everyone wants a change of life baby! This is the fifth sim in the fifth household that rolled for a baby within days of becoming an elder. The last one already had 4 kids and the fourth child was a toddler!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#152 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 6:20 AM
Makes one wonder... do Sims have an actual biological clock somewhere in their programming?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#153 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 9:42 AM
I think they do. The first sim family I made had one daughter who was a family sim. Because I was just learning, I accidentally tortured this poor girl. She never married, slept in the cheapest lounge chair her whole life, and, as she grew older, became desperate for a baby. It was really quite sad.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#154 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 1:02 PM
I finally took the time to read how to make an octagon roof and room. I used it to create an interesting modern library.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#155 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 1:34 PM
Yes, I've had so many sims suddenly want babies - or marriage, if still single - as their fertile period reached its close that I've come to expect it, and assume that one of the triggers that increases the frequency of these wants is an approaching birthday.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#156 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:16 PM
Not while playing, but watching youtubeclips, I discovered there are cinematic cutscenes for birthdays. I used to play with them turned on when I played at a stationary computer, but I can't remember ever seeing those.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#157 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:21 PM
To get the cutscene you need to both throw a party and grow them up with the cake.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#158 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:22 PM
Oh, that explains it then.

I am Error.
Alchemist
#159 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 12:35 AM
some recent discoveries::
-doors/arches/windows (single-story ones) can be placed on both diagonal and straight walls.
- double-story windows cannot be placed diagonally; nor gates.
-doors/arches/gates cannot be placed at 45-degree (or 315-degree) intersections; but can be placed at these angles: 90 (or 270), 135 (or 225), 180.
- single-story windows can be placed at 45-degree (or 315-degree) intersections, but only on the diagonal wall; and would work at the other angles (diagonal or straight).
did not test double-story windows at diagonal intersections, but already knew that they could be placed at straight intersections.
Field Researcher
#160 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 12:55 AM
I learned I can combine defaults, hiders and recategorizations to get a prettier and more reasonable number of clothes, sorted the way I want. It doesn't work in every situation, but, for example, I've been able to narrow the number of 'mom shirts' down from 9 to 4 and still keep the default texture. I didn't know I could do that.
Forum Resident
#161 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 1:00 AM
I knew playful sims could slide down banisters, but I just learned they can slide down banisters while carrying infants. One of my sims just did that while getting a bottle for his niece - he's lucky his sister (the baby's mother) didn't see it, or she might have gotten really upset about his reckless behaviour.
Forum Resident
#162 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 9:16 AM
That it's really pleasant to listen to a male teenager reading to a child (or, in this case, a child and me). Their voices sound so soothing (except for when they're doing those silly voices, but that's hilarious).

I am Error.
Instructor
#163 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 2:14 PM
I can't believe that I spent all these years without using the snap to grid cheat. My build/buy mode is forever changed!
Theorist
#164 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 5:33 PM
1. I wanted to do a wedding on a community lot and the newlyweds to go on holidays (Twikki Island).
Antarès booked the honeymoon and the day after he and his fiancée went to the comm lot to join the group for an outing just for fun. As soon they get married, the shuttle arrived.
Once they arrived to their hotel, all members of the group were there too.
As I didn't know if a room was needed for everybody, the newlyweds were sent back to the main hood.
Lesson learned: avoid to book an honeymoon if I plan a wedding (outing just for fun) on a community lot.

2. A pet left to its own device and starving, is able to ask a walk-by to fill its bowl.
Forum Resident
#165 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
1. I wanted to do a wedding on a community lot and the newlyweds to go on holidays (Twikki Island).
Antarès booked the honeymoon and the day after he and his fiancée went to the comm lot to join the group for an outing just for fun. As soon they get married, the shuttle arrived.
Once they arrived to their hotel, all members of the group were there too.
As I didn't know if a room was needed for everybody, the newlyweds were sent back to the main hood.
Lesson learned: avoid to book an honeymoon if I plan a wedding (outing just for fun) on a community lot.

That happened to me once and I was absolutely shocked at the entire wedding party arriving as well. I didn't mind it much, though I made certain they chose a cheaper hotel.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Theorist
#166 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 10:48 PM
Well my newlyweds could afford the most expansive one. Their room cost 911§ per night that's why I freaked out.
Forum Resident
#167 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 12:49 AM
When a sim is furious with a sim that dies, they will cheer instead of cry. And in a weird coincidence, he also has a want to throw a party!
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 9:57 AM
That you can make 3 way phone calls if you unlock the popularity aspiration benefit!
Theorist
#169 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 10:08 AM Last edited by Duine : 2nd Apr 2016 at 9:43 PM.
I always saw Rod Humble more of a robot that strolls onto a lot, rings the doorbell and drops his gift without waiting for someone to answer the door. Lately I've seen different sides of him. One time he did the attraction motion at a female sim, another time he laughed and pointed at a few sims dancing on an empty lot, he waved at a sim and said 'grilled cheese', he talks to himself quite a bit, and just recently he did that angry looking face, shuddered and mumbled in a grouchy voice as he walked by a newly moved in couple who were flirting, while their teen daughter was horrified at their actions.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#170 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 10:24 AM
Wow, I have never seen any of that.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#171 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by venusking
When a sim is furious with a sim that dies, they will cheer instead of cry. And in a weird coincidence, he also has a want to throw a party!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js
Top Secret Researcher
#172 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 11:14 AM
Yes, poor Rod doesn't have personality points and as a result, he has 0 nice points, 0 neat points, and so on. So he scratches his armpits, does angry faces and all those gestures very sloppy, mean, lazy sims do :D
Scholar
#173 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

Oh crap, that was mean! I was hoping to see a video of sims cheering at a funeral... Boy, did *I* get disappointed! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Yes, poor Rod doesn't have personality points and as a result, he has 0 nice points, 0 neat points, and so on. So he scratches his armpits, does angry faces and all those gestures very sloppy, mean, lazy sims do :D

Hahahaha, no points. I've never tried THAT before!!! That could be even funnier if Rod had 10 points in Outgoing. He'd be so irritating and annoying, that I'd be inclined to kill him about six times every minute.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#174 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 12:09 PM
Stupid Rod glitched out my move in to an apartment, it froze on the move in screen with him flickering over to one side. i had to restart, turn off the movie, move them out and back in. He was still there but this time i could grab him with the hand tool. He's a tool.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#175 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 1:51 PM
I discovered that sims can dance to the piano.
Page 7 of 445