Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 4:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Where do I locate the files containing the World Objects from Monte Vista and Dragon Valley with S3PE?
Lately I've been unhiding a bunch of Buy/Build Mode objects that I wanted to make available in Edit Town. And a bunch of Edit Town objects that I wanted to make available in Buy/Build Mode. However I haven't been able to locate the game files containing the objects that come with Monte Vista and Dragon Valley. Such as the Edit Town signposts etc.

So I haven't been able to make certain Buy/Build Mode objects from Monte Vista and Dragon Valley available in Edit Town and vice versa. Does anyone know where these objects are located? I've been looking through all the files I can think of to no avail.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 6:59 AM
I don't know, but I did find some things from later expansions (and maybe stuff packs, I forget) in base game files. I think some things write themselves there when installation's happening, instead of in other places.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
Lately I've been unhiding a bunch of Buy/Build Mode objects that I wanted to make available in Edit Town. And a bunch of Edit Town objects that I wanted to make available in Buy/Build Mode. However I haven't been able to locate the game files containing the objects that come with Monte Vista and Dragon Valley. Such as the Edit Town signposts etc.

So I haven't been able to make certain Buy/Build Mode objects from Monte Vista and Dragon Valley available in Edit Town and vice versa. Does anyone know where these objects are located? I've been looking through all the files I can think of to no avail.

I believe those files for downloaded worlds go into DCCache. Finding the ones you want in there is another story.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I believe those files for downloaded worlds go into DCCache. Finding the ones you want in there is another story.

Yeah, I can't find the ones I'm looking for. They don't seem to be in DCCache.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 2:00 PM
Are they in the actual world file? I found this to be the case with Riverview.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 2:37 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I can't find the ones I'm looking for. They don't seem to be in DCCache.

As I said, really difficult to find. Take a Sim into CAS. Find the outfit you want and right click on it. This will generate a script error. Open the script error with notepad. Copy the instance ID. Open a DBC file in DCCache with s3pe. At the bottom, toward the right, paste the instance ID into the box that says "Instance" and check the box. Bottom left, check box "Filter active" and click "Set". Only items with that instance ID should show (CASP and thumbnails). Click the CASP to highlight, then uncheck the Filter box.

And here is the problem... Normally, if you click "Chunk Offset" at the top, S3PE will group each item of a package together. I have found this is not the case with merged world DBC packages, and everything is wherever. ((( Even grouping by name does not usually work. This is a dress from Dragon Valley...

Objects are probably harder to find.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 4:34 PM
If you have the sims3pack files, you could try using this (https://modthesims.info/d/364038/de...-sept-2009.html) to convert them to package files. Then, you can open the files browse their thumbnail files until you find the objects you want.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 1:51 AM
I've just done that. However some of the files are refusing to open as they find the magic tag 'DBPF' instead of 'DBPP'.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 5:05 AM
And I'm pretty certain those files are the ones that I've been looking for. How do I bypass this issue and open the files in order to extract the desired contents? I can't extract the contents if I can't view them.