Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#426 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
The sports bar concept for UL makes me think they considered it for that pack, at least a variation of it, but cut it for whatever reason.

Yes, this! One of the biggest missed opportunities in the series (alongside and OFB pack and bands in Showtime).

I have a feeling though that the concept might have been recycled into the store restaurant, or even the ITF cafeterias.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I've always wondered why they didn't at least just make a workable restaurant, it should be possible. Heck, I would just settle for working booth seats.
For people interested, here's the tutorial thingie on how to make sorta a combo teppanyaki restaurant. It is actually the tep grill overlay on a transmogrified business as usual oven. This is the only restaurant I have with it and it also has a separate kitchen with Ani's oven mod, both working simultaneously. It works amazingly well. People who eat at the grill bar gets order from the grill chef, and people who eat at the table gets their order from the waiters. Sometimes if the waiters are busy and the grill chef is free, he'll actually take orders from the tables too.

I think I set it to "rebel hangout" b/c it comes with a closing hour at 1 am. The lot is always packed with customers and the oven mods NPCs teleport to work, so they will always show up.

Link to Tutorial

We work with what we have, so the limitations of what is given us allow us to get creative. This one below is another ani's mod restaurant, but located in a mega mall with many RH. RH are great sims attractors, so the restaurant is always packed.

Those definitely look great, though I wish that a single-lot restaurant would work just as well rather than having to metaphorically 'hide the veggies' in the rest of the meal.

In some ways, TS3 could have also benefited from a more robust townie system that could have provided some temporary foot-traffic on active lots. As of now, it seems like the townie system is primarily used to reserve sims for NPC roles; the townie sims themselves are hardly pushed to lots.

It would also be nice to have a working NPC-staffed teppanyaki table, hopefully a skilled modder takes it upon themselves to do so in the future- it is possible after all, Arsil created a working NPC-staffed spa table.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#428 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 1:19 PM
@jje1000 the shortcomings of TS3 is actually what inspire to jump onto learning to myself, but for something holding me back to learn, I never get around to start :/

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#429 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@jje1000 the shortcomings of TS3 is actually what inspire to jump onto learning to myself, but for something holding me back to learn, I never get around to start :/

Yeah, TS3 is singularly unique, there is no other game like it with its scope, capabilities, and scale- this only makes it all the more precious and worthy of fixing IMO.
Forum Resident
#430 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Yeah, TS3 is singularly unique, there is no other game like it with its scope, capabilities, and scale- this only makes it all the more precious and worthy of fixing IMO.

It really is, which makes it all the more confusing to me when people lash out at TS3 for "not really taking the series anywhere."

I honestly think the divided nature of TS3 at release came about because people expected it to be TS2.0. It's natural to want an expansion of life simulation features if that was your primary reason for playing. But where I start to lose patience is when people act as if that's the only way to play the game. TS2 is a great "dollhouse" simulator, but as far as everything else goes, it definitely feels like a game from 2004 otherwise. And what about all the different kinds of players out there? They don't all play multi-generational families with carefully plotted out family trees and ties. Is the attention to detail in TS2 a nice touch? Very, and TS3 can be lacking in some areas compared. But even at release, I was never like "Oh no, they don't pull pots and pans out of the cabinets anymore! Terrible game!"

Saying that TS3 isn't a life simulator at all or that it added nothing to the series is just factually incorrect. It might've been the start of some of the more questionable things like the Store, but TS3 still has the heart and soul of what made the original Sims and TS2 great. Giving you a blank slate and letting you have at it. It just didn't add what some people believe everyone wanted, so to them it's a bad game because it doesn't suit them, not because it is.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Inventor
#431 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 7:41 PM
I'm still heartbroken we never got a PROPER Open for Business EP. Say what you want about TS3, but most of the EPs that were repeated were actually better than in Sims 2. Sims 3 Pets is better than Sims 2 Pets, Sims 3 Seasons is better than Sims 2 Seasons and Sims 3 University Life is better IMO than Sims 2 University. Considering The Sims 3 already has a really solid real estate system, an OFB EP would have been a game changer. We instead have to relly on Store sets and mods and it's just not the same.

Restaurants in The Sims 3 are okay IMO. You can use ani's Business as Unusual mod for a proper Sims 2 style restaurant, or use WA food registers or ITF food synthesizers if you don't want to bother setting up a proper restaurant. A third alternative is to have a buffet-style restaurant with the IP resort buffet table (you do need a mod to put the object in community lots). Heck, there's even a FOURTH method using the Bakery set from the Store, as gives you the option to buy and eat the food on display. There's also the UL barista bar and LN professional bar that sell you some food. So there are lots and lots of options if you want a restaurant in The Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#432 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
I'm still heartbroken we never got a PROPER Open for Business EP. Say what you want about TS3, but most of the EPs that were repeated were actually better than in Sims 2. Sims 3 Pets is better than Sims 2 Pets, Sims 3 Seasons is better than Sims 2 Seasons and Sims 3 University Life is better IMO than Sims 2 University. Considering The Sims 3 already has a really solid real estate system, an OFB EP would have been a game changer. We instead have to relly on Store sets and mods and it's just not the same.

What annoys me that real estate system could have deliver more flexibility of the management system. Like the ability to changed owned lot's assignment, set opening-closing time, fire and hire role npcs, etc. Maybe it's different with Ambitions EP, but what I given it feels lacking and a missed opportunity.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Inventor
#433 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Make sure you do NOT have this file in your mod folder: NRaas_ErrorTrap_Tuning_DisableDereferencing

This is the only known culprit to create long loading and it will increasingly add more loading time infinitively to 2-4 hrs.

@nitromon in which folder should it be placed instead? (I'm new with TS3)
Mad Poster
#434 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@nitromon in which folder should it be placed instead? (I'm new with TS3)

The Recycle Bin, perhaps?

What he meant was, do not use the optional tuning file. And I have to agree -- running ErrorTrap without derefs is going to, in the long-term, produce more game clogging and very difficult to find issues than we can list here. The optional tuning file should just be used for testing things, such as the development of a new Core Mod intended to be used alongside of ErrorTrap, Most players should just let ErrorTrap do what it was designed to do and not use the tuning file.
Inventor
#435 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 12:48 PM
Not really about the game, but my Google search results for CCs are more likely to be mixed up with TS4 results than what I have with googling for TS2 CCs
Forum Resident
#436 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 8:21 PM
Hmm the fact we cannot delete a cc from catalog or from the cas, as we can in the sims 2. That makes me feel very angry.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#437 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:37 PM Last edited by Elynda : 20th Jun 2022 at 10:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
Not really about the game, but my Google search results for CCs are more likely to be mixed up with TS4 results than what I have with googling for TS2 CCs

Ooh yes! That is a major peeve with me too. I try not to be bitter about TS4 - live and let live I say. But it drives me to distraction when I'm searching for something and whenever I type 'Sims 3' Google insists on replacing my 3 with a 4! No, I said 3 you dopes! I can count you know!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
#438 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 10:08 PM
I use DuckDuckGo instead of Google (no tracking) and don't put a space after Sims. That tends to reduce the Sims 4 results.
Scholar
#439 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 10:28 PM
I just tried that, and yes, it does rather improve matters. Thanks

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#440 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 1:38 PM
My least favourite thing about TS3 is the amount of bugs/broken features in the game that never got fixed. It's a shame that there are aspects of the game that you just have to accept don't work and will never work. For example, I've been playing through the Ambitions professions, and I keep running into glitches like in the ghost hunter career where ghosts won't show up, making it impossible to complete jobs. Coming from mostly playing TS2, I'm used to things just working in the game.
Field Researcher
#441 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 8:00 PM
Not the game itself, but I dislike how a lot of people bash on the game for superficial reasons. Not for poor performance, because that's understandable (which, I run a potato and even that runs all the packs etc just fine), but for how Sims look: "they're all pudding faces!!!!!" (what the heck even is a "pudding face?" Sims 2 Sims weren't all supermodels either. In fact, I mostly prefer Sims 3 Sims' looks) But the thing I hate most about Sims 3 bashing is that a lot of it I've seen all boils it down to "It's not Sims 2." I love 2 and 3 equally, but I'm so tired of Sims 3 getting attacked for little things. :/

Otherwise, I absolutely LOVE Sims 3. It's the very first Sims iteration I ever played (I first played it in 2013 when I was 18. I know, super late to the party), so it's dear to me and I just get so annoyed with people not giving it any respect for petty reasons that aren't because of performance to run, or broken gameplay components (lookin' at you, Bonehilda who can't interact with babies or toddlers anymore!).
Forum Resident
#442 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
Not the game itself, but I dislike how a lot of people bash on the game for superficial reasons. Not for poor performance, because that's understandable (which, I run a potato and even that runs all the packs etc just fine), but for how Sims look: "they're all pudding faces!!!!!" (what the heck even is a "pudding face?" Sims 2 Sims weren't all supermodels either. In fact, I mostly prefer Sims 3 Sims' looks) But the thing I hate most about Sims 3 bashing is that a lot of it I've seen all boils it down to "It's not Sims 2." I love 2 and 3 equally, but I'm so tired of Sims 3 getting attacked for little things. :/

Otherwise, I absolutely LOVE Sims 3. It's the very first Sims iteration I ever played (I first played it in 2013 when I was 18. I know, super late to the party), so it's dear to me and I just get so annoyed with people not giving it any respect for petty reasons that aren't because of performance to run, or broken gameplay components (lookin' at you, Bonehilda who can't interact with babies or toddlers anymore!).

I am tired to hear these shits too
Just because people are lazy to create good looking sims and that's so easy... we got plenty of free tools the modders brought to us.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Field Researcher
#443 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 11:59 PM
The thing I least like about it is the dated clothing CC will fix that but... Idk like original game clothing.
Mad Poster
#444 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 12:22 PM
I've been pretty quiet about this until now, but feel a bit uncharacteristically grumpy today. No offense intended to anyone here, but the thing I dislike most about TS3 is the people who complain about the people who complain about the game. (let's let that sink in for a moment)

Yes, some of the chronic TS3 bashers are trolls and some of them are aspiring to be, but many are just deluded into thinking that their favorite iteration of the game, whichever it happens to be, is somehow better or more evolved than the one with the open world and the otherwise much derided game engine that we here know is superior. It's not their fault. Many of them clearly did not get enough affection or attention while growing up and many others simply fall victim to the group hate mentality. All they really need is patience, understanding, and maybe a hug or at the very least a kind word and a nice pat on the head now and then. But even those not willing to listen or even look at the evidence we present from within our games are deserving of at least our sympathy and pity as we continue to enjoy the game we prefer.
Mad Poster
#445 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
The thing I least like about it is the dated clothing CC will fix that but... Idk like original game clothing.

It's sort of the same with TS2 and even TS1 to an extent, unfortunately...and it will affect TS4 as well in the future.

Personally I find that a lot of the TS3 clothing is serviceable, as long as you have the decal remover (giant clothing decals are soooo 2006)
Lab Assistant
#446 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 2:15 PM
Dated UI, no search function, and tear-out-your-hair tier performance issues. It's a total nightmare. But, content wise it's a lot of fun so I always come back....even knowing what I'll be subjecting myself to....
Lab Assistant
#447 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Ooh yes! That is a major peeve with me too. I try not to be bitter about TS4 - live and let live I say. But it drives me to distraction when I'm searching for something and whenever I type 'Sims 3' Google insists on replacing my 3 with a 4! No, I said 3 you dopes! I can count you know!

Or when you get excited over some cute CC thinking it IS for the sims 3, only to read the tags and discover it's for TS4
Field Researcher
#448 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pova
Or when you get excited over some cute CC thinking it IS for the sims 3, only to read the tags and discover it's for TS4

Yeah and a lot of CC are down now... dead links. It's frustrating.
Theorist
#449 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
Yeah and a lot of CC are down now... dead links. It's frustrating.

Or they lead to serious viruses. BE CAREFUL out there...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Forum Resident
#450 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 1:11 AM
The routing is terrible. That's the main thing I hate about TS3, when toddlers go and sit right in front of the stairs, and the parent can't pick them up. Or when someone takes a water taxi for no reason, and gets stuck, and the fact that horses can take them as well, that would be a nightmare without Overwatch and Traffic, other than that, it's my favorite iteration of the franchise. I never really got into Sims 2 on PC. I played that on console because we didn't have a home computer when I was growing up, but when I finally bought me a lap top I bought Sims 3 and fell in love with it. My favorite game hands down.
Page 18 of 19