Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2023 at 6:04 PM
Default Thinking of trying The Sims 4 again, finally. Mods?
I was hugely into Sims 1, 2, and 3, but when I tried 4, I hated it. I tried it a second time after a couple years or so, and still hated it.

I see it has come a long way now. Overwhelmingly so. I will probably still hate it, but I'm curious to give it one final chance.

I used to enjoy Sims 3 with a lot of Twallan mods, and Awesomemod.

Are there huge, game-changing (fixing) mods like these around for Sims 4 I should look into? I did Google this question, (and asked Chat gpt, ha) but still feel uncertain that I'm not missing something.

I know the Sims series has always been silly and that is part of its charm, but I want my game to look, be, and feel relatively realistic, and if there are really stupid, annoying features in The Sims 4 that make it feel less like a life sim and more like a Facebook game, or like EA's idea of how to hook players of the lowest common denominator, I'd like to use mods that get rid of that immaturity. If you know what I mean.

Thank you for any tips and insight!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2023 at 12:47 AM
Sims 4 is what it is and mods will not change that. If you hated it 2 prior times you will again for the same reasons. It is the same game as before, just with more stuff.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2023 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Sims 4 is what it is and mods will not change that. If you hated it 2 prior times you will again for the same reasons. It is the same game as before, just with more stuff.

Damn. Gotcha.