Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newborns Get Zodiac Signs that Match the Current Season

by Sims MX Posted 10th Dec 2012 at 7:14 AM - Updated 15th Sep 2013 at 1:59 AM by Sims MX

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 5:51 PM
would this conflict with Same Zodiac for Twins and Triplets Mod?

RIP Elizabeth "MI AMOR" Reyes
Every 5hrs, A young Queer commits Suicide
Test Subject
#77 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angiesupers
would this conflict with Same Zodiac for Twins and Triplets Mod?

I would say yes since this mod allows twins and triplets have the same zodiac.

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Test Subject
#78 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 7:26 PM
@angiesupers They do conflict. But you won't need Cherry92's zodiac mod if you use this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 11:50 PM Last edited by SniperBomber : 16th Dec 2012 at 12:03 AM.
The only problem I have is simply that the signs Sagittarius, Gemini, Virgo and Pisces fall in the wrong season (at least for the Northern Hemisphere). Isn't the Southern Hemisphere really just the opposite of the Northern? I'm a Scorpio, so I don't mind Scorpio in fall. But the problem arises when I see Virgo in Autumn. Well I know a few people who are born in August and are Virgos... isn't August a Summer month? Last I checked so was September (only does it turn to Autumn on the 23rd day, the same day Libra starts).

It's appreciative what was done, nonetheless.
Test Subject
#80 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 12:30 AM
Thank you very much for the mod! I can't wait to use it to make sense of the starsigns!

As for the raging debate above the dates for the mod. I think the problem is that different countries disagree as to when the seasons start. So different countries use different sets of 3 months for each season. Euopeans and Americans probably just have different start dates.

Heck, according to Wikipedia, the country I am currently living in can't agree as to when summer starts for itself! So it makes sense that it differs from country to country.

Quote:
In Ireland, the summer months according to the national meteorological service, Met Éireann, are June, July and August. However, according to the Irish Calendar summer begins 1 May and ends 1 August. School textbooks in Ireland follow the cultural norm of summer commencing on 1 May rather than the meteorological definition of 1 June.

From Wikipedia's article on Summer .

Anyway, hopefully that helps people get why they are disagreeing. I for one am just happy to have something that stops the starsigns being random! I don't mind if Simworld has their seasons a little differently to how I see them.

The Djinn Legacy - A Random Legacy
Test Subject
#81 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 4:09 AM Last edited by awsomegirl : 16th Dec 2012 at 4:31 AM.
@SniperBomber Same here Which country are you from?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 9:53 PM
YEAH, thank you! I love it. =D
Test Subject
#83 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by awsomegirl
@SniperBomber Same here Which country are you from?

The United States. I suppose it's true that some seasons vary by country due to the latitude and longitude of every country in relation to the North and South pole. I suppose it isn't so bad, but I was wondering... why not create at least four or so different variations of when the seasons signs start, and their counter-opposites for the Southern Hemisphere?

Possibly, it may be too much, but I thought it was a good idea.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 10:24 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#85 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 12:01 PM
@SniperBomber Well, I haven't seen anyone nagging about any other differences, but we know 3 countries having problem with the zodiacs' pattern, US, France and Iran. So we'll probably need 2 other favours for both hemispheres.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 11:00 PM
This mod is wonderful; thank you so much for including a Southern Hemisphere version!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 11:57 AM
The Southern Hemisphere version really sold this one for me, thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#88 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 9:34 PM
Thank you so much, this mod makes sense and it's realistic too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 1:12 AM
This is an amazing mod MX, thank you for doing something no one else has!
Test Subject
#90 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TammyLin Saphir
Very smart idea you got here !

In Europe it's :
Spring: Aries / Taurus / Gemini
Summer: Cancer / Leo / Virgo
Fall : Libra / Scorpio / Sagittarius
Winter: Capricorn / Aquarius / Pisces
(in this order)
So, the same as Iran

I commented because I was born in winter and I'm Pisces, so it's bugging me you put it in spring, but this mod is great even though ^^

I agree that this is a really cool mod, but this is correct not just for Europe. These signs correlate with these seasons for the entire Northern hemisphere. If (the creator) would be willing to just fix that (because I have no idea how to do it myself) I would happily download this mod. - I too am a Pisces (Pisces high-five!) Winter babies all the way!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#91 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 4:16 AM
Sweet, I wish I hadn't waited so long to see if my question got a response... Thanks! Seems to be working just fine, and I love anything that makes my game just a touch more believable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 10:49 AM
Thank you so much! I've been wanting something like this for so long.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 11:42 PM Last edited by avitous : 23rd Dec 2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Grammar, grammar, grammar...
I appreciate this mod so much, like you wouldn't believe, but I can't use it. I've never seen it anywhere that Aries, Taurus, and Gemini are anything but Spring zodiac, and as a Sagittarius, I simply can't stand the idea of my Zodiac being nestled in Winter or Summer. I was born in the fall, on the first day of Sagittarius. Should you ever add another flavor of this mod, to begin Aries as the first Zodiac of Spring and the rest follow accordingly, I would be most happy to download. Now now, I'll settle to add this to my favorites and follow.
Test Subject
#94 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 11:54 PM
@avitous Since we don't have a Like button here,
Like!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 8:52 PM
Actually, I'd love to see this mod with the above-mentioned correction as well. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 11:23 PM
Dear Sims MX, since we're getting more and more, isn't there still a tiny little chance for us?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 3:48 AM
I thought this was awesome enough as it is, but then I saw the Southern Hemisphere version and I have to say, you are SUPER awesome. Cheers!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 1:28 PM
Awesome idea and awesome mod. You're amazing for having done this at all. I'm a Sagittarius. Dec. 8th. But I've always considered myself winter, rather than fall. The fact that star signs recognize "cusp" personalities makes this hard. I understand that some people want to be precise, but nitpicking when you've done something a lot of us have been waiting for (made the in game star signs mean anything at all, for instance), feels slightly... rude. Constructive criticism, sure. But don't pester if something is off by a few days.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 2:53 PM Last edited by avitous : 1st Jan 2013 at 2:59 PM. Reason: Apology
That's why I hesitated to post, because my comment does feel rude. I don't honestly intend to be rude, I just prefer to be honest. I can live without the mod, certainly, and it is supremely awesome that it has been made by someone so talented. (I use a number of other mods by MX) I just know that if I were me, I'd rather people be honest with me. In hindsight, I may have been wrong to say anything, but I can't apologize for honesty.

EDIT: Just so I can make myself understood, my understanding of Zodiac-to-seasons comes from the idea that Aries is the first Zodiac, as so whichever season he is in, he begins that season and the rest of the Zodiac follow accordingly, with the final zodiac, Pisces, ending the final season. That's how I've always understood it and how it was taught to me, and as astrology has been kind of personally important to me for reasons that would further embarrass me today, I did get sort of defensive in my first post, and for that I would like to apologize to Sims MX.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
I uploaded a version for the Southern Hemisphere, thanks for the suggestion, PhelipeDeon.

Quote: Originally posted by daniandan
You should also make one for other places in the world.
Like in Australia, Sagitarius is in Summer

I'm pretty sure that I suggested it aswell. I didn't put too much information into it, but I'm pretty sure Australia is in the southern hemisphere

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Page 4 of 8