Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 11:07 PM
How to download lots on mac?
Hello! I recently got a new computer and bought the Sims 2 super collection and I've been downloading so much cc to prepare for my future sims. I was basically just wondering if/how you can download lots as most creators ask that you use Clean Installer, which isn't available on mac. Should I just go ahead and download the lots? I have almost every bug fixer/preventer mod available and I make sure to inspect the creators and lots to make sure they are safe. Sorry if this is an easy question with an even easier answer but I'm trying to be as safe as possible with my game! Thank you for any replies/help
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 9:12 PM
I usually only download lots from Mod the Sims. That way, I also know that there isn't content for EPs that the Super Collection doesn't have. Unfortunately, most stuff being built today uses the Ultimate Collection, which will not load on Mac. My best advice is to install each lot and play them one at a time so you can figure out if something causes your game to break. You'll get a lot of package files in your Downloads folder when you install with names that are just strings of characters. Occasionally, some custom content will cause a problem, and I'll have to do a 50-50 on those files to find out which one is causing the problem. That's why it's best to install them one at a time, to keep those files at a minimum because you cannot tell what they are from the names. Most recently, I had to track down a phone hack that got installed with a new lot and remove it. So if you start getting weird behavior, be suspicious first of those package files that come with the lots. It's helpful if you organize your Downloads folder first before you start installing lots, because those package files just get dumped in there.

I assume you know you have to use the Package Installer to install lots. I didn't know this for a while at first. You install it in the same way you install Body Shop. Then when you double-click the packaged lot file, it should install automagically.

I have installed many lots from Mod the Sims--filtered to just the EPs that come with Super Collection--and I have had issues with only a small percentage of them. Most of them work fine.