Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Kickmouldings & Crowns *UPD 22 FEB 2007*

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 9th Aug 2006 at 11:28 PM - Updated 22nd Feb 2007 at 5:59 PM by MaryLou & Numenor : Bug-fixed all meshes

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 8:15 AM
Hey, I have a question? Where is the...OMG! I don't know how I ever lived without this...you guys are my Idols...this just revolutionized decorating so I have to rate it with a hundred stars Button?? I couldn't find it anywhere. LOL Thank you guys a million times over! This is wonderful! All of my lonely borderless walls will finally get to be used.

Bzegrl
Quote:
Always tell the truth...that way you never have to remember what lies you've told!
You can find all of my uploads HERE
Mad Poster
#27 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 9:34 AM
This is sooooo great!!! Now I don't have to make a new wall just so I can have it with moldings! Thank you, thank you!
Alchemist
#28 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 10:04 AM
Thank you forever, bravo Numenor and bravissima MaryLou.
You two have always your creativity up in arms and ready for realizing something special. This stuff is very very useful, a "simple" thing that was missing and we all are re-decorating our houses now. KISS and ciao.
Scholar
#29 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 11:21 AM
Brilliant,
I'll use these plenty
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#30 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 12:18 PM
This would be good with a set of plain paint coloured walls and paint-coloured moldings, to mix and match like you do in real life.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#31 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 12:53 PM
My first idea was that one: creating a 3D molding to be mixed with "painted" ones. But the reflection of the light on a 2D surface is too different than on a 3D surface, it's impossible to really mix them...
So we tried - at least - to create a set that in most cases hides the painted molding/crown, if existing (there are many wallpapers that lack a "plain" version).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Alchemist
#32 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 12:53 PM
WOW...thanks so much...this is so great!

OM
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 3:43 PM
Thanks, i have been wanting something like this forever!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 4:04 PM
italy has not only the most beautiful language, but also the most brilliant sims2 creators (the two of you).

thank you!
Forum Resident
#35 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 6:29 PM
Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the Sims. The game is so much more enjoyable with your creations.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Scholar
#36 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 7:07 PM
Its so wonderful. I love both of you for all your great creations..Hum...You pay a huge contribution to my Sims-addiction,its very bad!!!
Thanks forever.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 7:26 PM
I was just testing this out in the game, and discovered I could hide that awful brown trim that shows up along balcony floor edges. I've hated those brown edges since I got the game. Now thanks to you two wonderful creators, I can cover them up! I'm a little bit giddy right now! Thank you so so so much!

"Copper boom!"
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 9:26 PM
Wonderful, Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 10:38 PM
this post is filled with big names...i'm scared!!! :D

There are people that don't believe in something just because is out of THEIR reality...
Field Researcher
#40 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 12:13 AM
"I was just testing this out in the game, and discovered I could hide that awful brown trim that shows up along balcony floor edges."

Oh my...are you serious!?? I absolutely HATE that awful trim! I can't believe I can cover it up with this! Thanks for sharing that information!!

--green
Field Researcher
#41 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 3:48 AM
great work Don Numenor! This is an offer I can't refuse!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by greeneyedsims

Oh my...are you serious!?? I absolutely HATE that awful trim! I can't believe I can cover it up with this!

Yes !!!
You can almost cover all the trims painted on the "walls".

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 11:48 PM
Silly me, I've been waiting for EA to do this instead of relying on the ones that never let us down. Thank you Mary Lou and Numenor.

rsn
"The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin."
– Mark Twain
Scholar
#44 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 12:37 PM
You're Simply the Best!
Numenor and Marylou:
You're both wonderful modders individually, so the two of you a team, is double the "awesomeness"!
I love the counters that you collaberated on; using the corner like homes in the real world....I thought that was the best...,and now this!
Thank you so,so, much for continuing to share your gifts of talent,skills and imagination with everyone here at MTS2!
This is a 10* rating.Thank you.

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Mad Poster
#45 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 7:51 PM
Wow,... more things to do the houses... Thanks a huge bunch...

Very useful...
Instructor
#46 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 2:57 PM
This is so cool. My houses and sims love you. Thank you both.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 2:24 AM
absolutely amazing! i bow down to your many talents

People who like this sort of thing will find this is the sort of thing they like. -Abraham Lincoln
Instructor
#48 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 1:31 PM
Thanks very much. I lost tons of time painting terminations on most wall paint and papers. This will clean up my inventory.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 10:41 PM
I have a question and a request (hopefully the former won't sound stupid, and the latter won't sound greedy )....

- Is there a trick to getting a door to close when it is sharing the same tile as the diaganol mouldings?

-Is it possible to add a little piece to the set that covers the endcap of walls, where a wall ends that has no corner. I'm doing the boolprop snapobjectstogrid false thing with a couple of the corner piece mouldings now, and it works pretty well, it's just a wee bit tricky lining pieces up perfectly that way. Not that I'm complaining though. It does work, and it gives the end result I'm after, I'm just wondering if an actual endcap would be possible.

Thank you both again, Numenor and MaryLou. I really really love this set!

"Copper boom!"
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 5:55 PM
What a great idea! Some really good work here! They look great!

Having used these in a few rooms now, I just thought I would mention a few things:

They look fabulous, and the variety of colors is perfect! I can match any wood. I love how it auto-diagonals when it hits a diagonal wall, though, like most building things, you need to have moveobjects off to put anything on a diagonal.

Couple of concerns for me:
-Hiding: in wall cutaway view inside walls, the top runners do not disappear altogether, for me they often leave a line of jagged pixels. Some corner pieces do not disappear at all.
-Hiding: on wall cutaway view inside walls, the bottom runners DO disappear altogether, like cupboards and lights, so what you can see of inside walls in that view look as though they don't have runners, even if they do. I don't think there is anything that can be done about this though, but for me it leaves little point to using them on walls which will cutaway.
-I tried using them on a bathroom wall diagonal, and the colors didn't match up (same wood selected, though) - some lighting thing I guess.

Outside of that, they really are a wonderful addition to my decorating catalogue, and I use them in many rooms! I am just so happy to be able to "finish" the look of the walls that I am even starting to decorate with wallpaper now, whereas I tended to use the maxis paste/beachy keen at all times before.

Thank you guys soo much!
Page 2 of 4