Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Public Beta] The Randomizer Mod - REWORKED!

by Lyralei Posted 16th Jun 2022 at 4:30 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2023 at 12:43 PM by Lyralei

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 188 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 4:45 AM
I think it conflicts with deep conversations because mine never populated any scenarios. I took out the traveler mod and a few others, left the main NRAAS mods. Going to redownload and try again!
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hey! Was this by any chance before or after the new update? If before, it's probably a good idea to re-download it and see if that fixes it.

I'm assuming that this was probably the older update, because of your comment on things having disappeared and such. The update will fix this!

Regarding the last issue, beyond the confession, the Sim isn't being told anymore what to do by script, sothats quite a strange bug maaaybe it has to do again with the older version? Since I've never had this happen before myself.

Hi! Thank you for the quick response. It was with the new version unfortunately, but Ill play with the mod again to see if anything similar happens again!
Test Subject
#53 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 3:33 PM
loving this mod so far! I love what you've done so far and It really spices up gameplay thank you so much for developing this!

I do have a few "bugs" though, like saying my sim has gotten a rumor but the rumor is empty so it will say like "Harry spread this rumor:" And my sim called himself to tell him that he has a rumor, which was nice of him actually. also, my sim is an adult and unemployed but he gets scenarios relating to school and work. idk if its possible to make this so it doesnt happen based on age/career status.

edit: I attached a photo of the rumor bug
Screenshots
Test Subject
#54 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 5:32 AM
This is absolutely great. I this and I really can't wait to see what you do next. though I am curious, would you ever create a supernatural aspect of it or not? I have been looking for something similar to this that includes supernatural, but I was considering making my own. Regardless, the work you have done is incredible.
Test Subject
#55 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 8:55 AM
is there always an event after the 10-72 hours, or is there just a chance of one? I just got done playing for about an in-game week and didn't see a single event fire so I'm trying to figure out whether something went wrong or if I was just unlucky/missed something
Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 2:51 PM
The seed event unfortunately froze and crashed my game when it occurred.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 5:29 PM
I love these little events in the game, and now there will be even more! Thanks! :lovestruc
I'm adding the Russian translation in the attachment (it may not be quite right, as it's hard to check all the strings in the game, so if anyone has any comments, write me in pm and I'll make corrections).
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  TheRandomizerModByLyraleiV4_RU.7z (285.4 KB, 18 downloads)
Description: Mod with an alternative translation. Updated 2022-07-12.
Test Subject
#58 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 8:16 PM
I have a problem where when my sim gets a prompt, that whole part works but for example my sims got a call about old furniture & I accepted & it said that the item would b in my inventory but that wasn't the case, this happened a few times. After that, my child got a pop up of sim that wanted to go on a date with her & nothing happened afterwards, like she didn't even know the sim. Really excited for the future of this mod though seems very interesting llololololo
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#59 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ghostmilky
The seed event unfortunately froze and crashed my game when it occurred.

@ghostmilky do you happen to own Supernatural? Because if that's crashing the game, then I should probably add this to the "packs that you need".

The reason is that I do use some code to get the fairy visual effects.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#60 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joeyofrivia
loving this mod so far! I love what you've done so far and It really spices up gameplay thank you so much for developing this!

I do have a few "bugs" though, like saying my sim has gotten a rumor but the rumor is empty so it will say like "Harry spread this rumor:" And my sim called himself to tell him that he has a rumor, which was nice of him actually. also, my sim is an adult and unemployed but he gets scenarios relating to school and work. idk if its possible to make this so it doesnt happen based on age/career status.

edit: I attached a photo of the rumor bug

@joeyofrivia First off, I love your simbot lol

Regarding getting prompts about work/school... that's odd actually So the times this happened to me, it would throw errors, because it actually needs a work/school assigned to the sim to not throw null references/errors. Are you having those as well? Secondly, are they like "unemployed but registered at a city hall for a job" (So, self-employed)? Because that may be the problem then and I'll have to look into that.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#61 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kixleart
is there always an event after the 10-72 hours, or is there just a chance of one? I just got done playing for about an in-game week and didn't see a single event fire so I'm trying to figure out whether something went wrong or if I was just unlucky/missed something

@kixleart There are a few reasons it may not fire specifically, i've explained it a bit under the "Frequently asked questions" part of the description:

Quote:
"Nothing has triggered for me yet!"
Assuming the mod is working (which it most likely is), remember that it takes between 10 to 72 hours to trigger any event! Also, keep in mind that certain modules have requirements to work (like, your sims having a friend or a partner... or work :p)

Of course, the chances of any of these things triggering can be tweaked (see below.)

So, assuming as well you got the 19th June 2022 version (which is the most recent update), currently if you have only one or 3 modules, it can happen that the same module type is being fired, which in code i'm saying can only happen 30% of the time. I am currently working however on something that counts how many modules you have installed, and then dynamically figures out the chance it can let through the same module type, rather than it being a hardcoded 30%.

I know its not much, but i do hope this helps!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#62 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AirraJay
This is absolutely great. I this and I really can't wait to see what you do next. though I am curious, would you ever create a supernatural aspect of it or not? I have been looking for something similar to this that includes supernatural, but I was considering making my own. Regardless, the work you have done is incredible.

Hey @AirraJay

Can do, and technically you can use this mod as a basic framework to make it, but I am wondering what kind of random events you're thinking of? Maybe if they're not as super big I can include them
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#63 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrippliingDepression
I have a problem where when my sim gets a prompt, that whole part works but for example my sims got a call about old furniture & I accepted & it said that the item would b in my inventory but that wasn't the case, this happened a few times. After that, my child got a pop up of sim that wanted to go on a date with her & nothing happened afterwards, like she didn't even know the sim. Really excited for the future of this mod though seems very interesting llololololo

Hey @CrippliingDepression

Yeah, the furniture one is a really odd bug I've been having on and off as well! And because of that, I keep thinking it's finally fixed it, and then it semi work :p

Now, a thing to remember is that the furniture will actually go to your family inventory so that may be good to check

Regarding the dating thing, that's partially my doing for not actually adding any good user experience there. It can happen that the sim who goes to a lot after accepting a date, gets either stuck routing (Because TS3) or the sim has a need that cancels going to that lot. (Like being hungry/having to go to the toilet, etc).
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 7:02 PM
@ghostmilky do you happen to own Supernatural? Because if that's crashing the game, then I should probably add this to the "packs that you need".

The reason is that I do use some code to get the fairy visual effects.

I own all the packs so I don't believe that was the issue in my case.
I liked mod too much to delete it though
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 12:23 AM
@Lyralei
I have all of the modules installed, so I shouldn't be having any issues that are caused by a low number of modules being installed
maybe a future update could add in-game alerts when the mod loads, or when it attempts to fire an event? that would make it a bit easier to tell what exactly is going on while the game is running
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#66 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 2:31 PM
@Lyralei
I have all of the modules installed, so I shouldn't be having any issues that are caused by a low number of modules being installed
maybe a future update could add in-game alerts when the mod loads, or when it attempts to fire an event? that would make it a bit easier to tell what exactly is going on while the game is running

Hrm, not a bad idea! I can always make it a potential tunable option, so anyone who really doesn't want their notifications clogged up with any "firing event" texts, can still somehow turn it off. Which I'll hopefully be able to make Nraas-returner compatible. Still need to investigate on how to do that.

Because what does your active household currently exist out of? do any of your sim have friends/romantic relationships? Do they have jobs as well?

Since the disasters and death, as well as diseases module, have been tuned way back then they once were... a lot of people testing it before the Public beta had their sims go through a lot of tough moments I've been on an off tweaking the chances of things happening and so far I felt this was somewhat balanced enough, but it also feels like it's not firing enough now. Finding that sweet spot is most definitely not the easiest job.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrippingInk
I just downloaded this today, and when I was playing the game, this happened:
[IMG][/IMG]

If you can see the picture, this large text box appeared while I was playing, alongside the notification 'Oh no! Inukitsoq Sisamat has just spread the following rumour:' which was spammed three times for some reason. This happened again later on, with the exact same notification, spammed three times. I hope what I am saying makes sense.

I have a lot of mods, so it might just be a conflict but I don't know what it could be.

Could you let me know how you managed to close this text box? I had the same thing happen to me and I had to quit from task a manager.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#68 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimC
Could you let me know how you managed to close this text box? I had the same thing happen to me and I had to quit from task a manager.

Make sure to press enter
Test Subject
#69 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 12:19 AM
Hrm, not a bad idea! I can always make it a potential tunable option, so anyone who really doesn't want their notifications clogged up with any "firing event" texts, can still somehow turn it off. Which I'll hopefully be able to make Nraas-returner compatible. Still need to investigate on how to do that.

Because what does your active household currently exist out of? do any of your sim have friends/romantic relationships? Do they have jobs as well?

Since the disasters and death, as well as diseases module, have been tuned way back then they once were... a lot of people testing it before the Public beta had their sims go through a lot of tough moments I've been on an off tweaking the chances of things happening and so far I felt this was somewhat balanced enough, but it also feels like it's not firing enough now. Finding that sweet spot is most definitely not the easiest job.

the household I was testing with had two adults (both of whom are employed), a teen, a child, and most recently a baby. I don't think they've formed much in the way of relationships outside of their household yet since they've only existed for about six in-game days
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#70 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 11:22 AM
the household I was testing with had two adults (both of whom are employed), a teen, a child, and most recently a baby. I don't think they've formed much in the way of relationships outside of their household yet since they've only existed for about six in-game days

@kixleart , I fixed the firing stuff a bit, so I've actually seen it firing much more for my Sunset valley test save (Specifically playing the single Moms household), So make sure to update! Hopefully, that should fix things!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#71 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 4:33 PM
Wow! Awesome mod!
Instructor
#72 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 12:21 AM
eeew straights. not lgbt friendly.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 1:30 AM
I'm going to try the new update, because I was really happy with what worked/was finished.
My sim got asked out at school. It was nice to see an NPC take the initiative.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 8:50 AM Last edited by Knight : 27th Jun 2022 at 9:09 AM.
Regarding the text that does not fit in the
buttons - can you make a short caption on the buttons, and a tooltip with details?

P.S.: I don't know what was wrong with my translation, but I will continue to update it in the previous post as an alternative.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#75 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Knight
Regarding the text that does not fit in the
buttons - can you make a short caption on the buttons, and a tooltip with details?

P.S.: I don't know what was wrong with my translation, but I will continue to update it in the previous post as an alternative.

Heya!

I was wondering the same, but the way EA has set up the code is that it copies the text to the tooltips, which doesn't quite help in this case I really should just dig a bit deeper in the dialogue code, see if I can somehow hack it.

Regarding the translation, I swear I suck at communicating So, I had someone else who also did a russian translation at the same time as you did, although the way they had presented the translations didn't work quite nicely with my Easy Stbl Manager version (Which was a problem on my side in the end). So I felt the fairest thing to do was to do a 50/50, which is why I only now finally got to do that since they had a package version ready.

So in the end there wasn't anything wrong, I was really trying to please 2 people here for their hard work they did, and felt the 50/50 method on the STBL strings were the best I was able to do So yours are still included, but I replaced the Core/Base with theirs.
Page 3 of 10