Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:07 PM Last edited by Illyianna : 17th Feb 2012 at 1:52 PM.
I am getting the exact same errors as bradyseitz on Page 2 and I tried atavera's fix on Page 3 but I still get the same, exact errors. I'm running CAW Version 1.13.7 because I have every Sims 3 game up to and including Master Suite Stuff on Windows 7, Ultimate. I am also running this on an Admin Account and right clicking and choosing the Run as Admin option before launching any of these programs. I looked at the default.ini in...

C://Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Create A World Tool/Default.ini

It saids

[Version]
GameVersion = 1.13.7.014037
CompatVersion = 14
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 11

This does not match the default.ini in C://Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff/Game/Bin/default.ini

[Version]
GameVersion = 11.0.84.014001
CompatVersion = 14

I then looked at the default.ini in C://Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/Default.ini even though I'm not sure if I needed to and it saids

[Version]
GameVersion = 1.29.55.014017
CompatVersion = 14

I also looked into all my other games default.ini

Late Night

GameVersion = 6.5.1.011037
CompatVersion = 11
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 8

HELS

GameVersion = 3.13.1.011031
CompatVersion = 11

AMB

GameVersion = 4.10.1.011031
CompatVersion = 11

GEN

GameVersion = 8.0.152.011017
CompatVersion = 11

PETS

GameVersion = 10.0.96.013001
CompatVersion = 13
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 10

TL

GameVersion = 9.0.73.012017
CompatVersion = 12
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 9

FL

GameVersion = 5.8.1.011037
CompatVersion = 11

Outdoor Living

GameVersion = 7.3.2.011037
CompatVersion = 11

WA

GameVersion = 2.17.2.011037
CompatVersion = 11

When I open CAW to look at the version of CAW it saids

The Sims 3 Create a World Tool – Beta
Copyright 2009 Electronic Arts, Inc. All rights reserved.
Version: 0.430.0.696

So I don't know what is wrong, I've removed and reinstalled CAW several times but I still get the same errors as bradyseitz on Page 2 any help would be apperciated.This is a lot of info for me to take in so I may of missed something I apologize for that or if I'm asking the same questions that were asked earlier on in the post.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:25 PM
@SimSample : I posted a french complete version of your tutoriel on SimCookie ! http://www.simcookie.com/tutoriels/...creer-un-monde/
Test Subject
#103 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 3:20 PM
for some reason when i go to download the visual C# 2010 Express it goes to 404 - File or directory not found, so after i'd fixed the problems of the tortoisemerge file problem now this happens

Harry Potter Fans United!!

Dragon flys
Owls and Dragons oh my tattoo's
Test Subject
#104 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Illyianna : 17th Feb 2012 at 5:37 PM.
So after reinstalling CAW and opening it I checked the default.ini in CAW, The Sims 3 base game and the most recent Stuff Pack Master Suite Stuff all are reading

GameVersion = 1.13.7.014037
CompatVersion = 14

So they all match, so I ran the ILSpye.exe and saved the info required then launched the tortsiemerge.exe and tried to patch everything and it saids Then I have to click cancel and I get

So I have to Cancel, so after I restored the CAW folder again and went back into ILSpye.exe and Saved the data to the new Project folder in C://Program Files/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 Create A World Tool/Project and then launched tortsie again and tried to patch with the ilspy_differance.patch and it saids "The System Can not fild the File Specified" C://Program Files/Electronic Arts/ Sims 3 Create A World Tool/lot.cs " The Patch Seems Outdated! The File Line and Patch Line Using WorldbuilderCS;do not match!"

Hope this gives a bit more info about what may be going on.

Illyianna
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#105 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 4:09 PM
Illyianna- Could you post a screenshot of the errors, please? Also, just to check- you are applying atavera's extra patch from here:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...97&postcount=54
Before you apply the other patch? Try starting over again, so delete this:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...06&postcount=12
Then redownload the patches and try again. If it doesn't work, I'll probably ask you for some files so that atavera can check this.

simsdetoi- Thank you very much, but can I please ask you to NOT re-host the patch? Instead please put the same patch link as in my tutorial, as then if we need to update it we can do so without you having to change yours. Also, please check that you have done everything asked here:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...33&postcount=18
In my reply to Nilixis. It makes things much easier if we can support everyone on this forum, as this patch is still in testing and will need to be updated often. Thanks!

rulespotter- It works fine for me; try clearing your browser caches and cookies, check your firewall/ security settings and try again.

Thank you all for testing!
Test Subject
#106 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 4:51 PM Last edited by rulespotter : 17th Feb 2012 at 5:39 PM.
Edit: firewall was blocking it, but i got it through eventually, now have an awesome version of caw

Harry Potter Fans United!!

Dragon flys
Owls and Dragons oh my tattoo's
Test Subject
#107 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:08 PM
It just keeps not finding any of the files it needs as if it can't see the required files in the subfolders of the Project folder. I'm just not going to bother with it, I've been at it all day, done it so many times I have the Tutorial memorized. I used the patch from here http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...97&postcount=54 and I did the steps your posted here http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...06&postcount=12 and still nothing. I checked my versions over and over and the two error boxes you see above just come up again and again listing seperate files.

It's as if tortsiemerge.exe does not reconize any of the files placed in the Project folder by ILSpye.exe and then because it doesn't see the files when I try to patch it with tortsiemerge.exe it gives errors like you see above, however when I go into the Project folder and it's subfolders I can see all the files it's claiming it can not find, so I have no idea how to make it realize the files it needs an is giving errors about are right there. However thankyou for your quick reply and for trying to help me, I'll just stick with CAW as it is for now, I don't use it that much anyway.
Field Researcher
#108 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:30 PM
Some minutes ago I was trying to export a world which has been modified with the new CAW tools, but everytime I try to export it, it says: Exporting world failed!
But if I export a world that has not been opened and edited with the new tools, CAW exports it succesfully.
Do any of you know why does this happen?

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:02 PM
rulespotter- Ah, that would be a problem if you have your firewall blocking it!

Illyianna- If you could post a screenshot of the errors you are getting so that we can see exactly what is happening, it would be useful. I'm sure there's a way we can get this working for you, don't give up!

Nilxis- Are you trying to export the world in the same version of CAW as you edited in? For example, can you edit the world and export it in SuperCAW?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#110 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:22 PM
I have had no issue exporting a world modified with supercaw (added water planes, rest is done in normal caw). I have not however tested exporting FROM supercaw.
Field Researcher
#111 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:44 PM
I tried to export the world with normal CAW and with Supercaw, both versions gave me error. I created a new world with Supercaw, added a pond, and tried to export. It exported successfully, so maybe the problem was coming from the world itself. But I don't mind it because I wasn't going to finish that world.

Anyway, thanks Simsample and Armiel for answering

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:54 PM
Well let us know if you continue to get errors, anyway.
Test Subject
#113 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:29 PM
@SimSample : I remplaced the link of the patch of your tutoriel on SimCookie ! http://www.simcookie.com/tutoriels/...creer-un-monde/.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 11:13 PM
Thank you, simsdetoi- that is excellent. Could you also please put a link in there to this forum, so that people will know where to report problems to? They can post here in French as long as they also post an English translation (Google, perhaps).

I'll link to your tutorial in the first post and the wiki article.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 11:34 PM
armiel: You don't see asterisks because EA didn't localise debug object strings in your language. So if you see something that isn't translated then it is not a good idea to use it. BTW a neat trick that works even in original CAW is to pass the command line "-l:fi-FI" where fi-FI is Finnish locale code(that is how I tried it). You could do the same with en-US and see the asterisks(although then object names would all be English).

bradyseitz: The original list of objects and plants were completely predefined and sorted that way. When I changed it to bring all objects in, I didn't have any sorting data. There is probably a way to get the categories, then I could group everything in its own list(even hide debug items), but until I do, there is just the search filter.

Illyianna: A screenshot would help, one where TortoiseMerge asks you for the patch/folder(and what you put for those), then one of the error message that it gives. If it can't find the files, then maybe you are giving it your "CAW" folder instead of your "CAW/Project" folder?
Test Subject
#116 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 4:49 AM Last edited by Illyianna : 18th Feb 2012 at 3:33 PM. Reason: Missed Information
Default Caw
Well I got it all patched and everything worked without a problem so I then opened CAW-Microsoft Visual C#2010 Express (Adminstrator)

I clicked on Debug --> Start Debugging

It begins to launch CAW like it should then I get this error

The Sims 3 Create a World Tool -Beta has experienced a Failure!

Exception information:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I click OK because that is all I can do and it saids

The Sims 3 Create a World Tool- Beta has failed to shutdown properly. Please end The Sims 3 Create a World Tool-Beta task using the Windows Task Manager.

I know all my default.ini match I checked, I also tried LAA to tell it to run with 2GB and then tried again and same error, any ideas?

Also when I try to launch World BuilderCS.EXE from the Desktop I get the same error but when I try to launch my normal CAW.EXE it opens and runs fine.

Update Feb 18, 2012

I got up this morning and removed everything related to CAW, I then reinstalled CAW and did everything from scratch I tried to do the above steps and still get the error. However once I closed out of Visual 2010 I went and made a shortcut for World BuilderCS.EXE and enabled LAA with it. I then launched it, it launched and has the Pond tool and other extra CAW features. I'm not sure what this means and will mess with it some more today and see how it runs but it seems to be working somewhat.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#117 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 7:24 AM
Thank you Atavera - I didn't realize that the debug items would not be translated This makes it a lot easier to spot them!
Test Subject
#118 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 3:10 PM
Had the same error as Bakafox, Bradyseitz and Querin, applied the fix from Atavera, everything is working fine now. Thank you so much!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:20 PM
Good, glad it seems to be working for you all!

Thanks for the help, atavera!
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:33 AM
There's some problem here. When I start the CAW program in Visual C# 2010 Express, everyting was fine until I click create or open a world , the program get stuck and have no responce. I've reload it for many times but sill not able to open successfully.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 3:04 PM
Hey felix1248, try opening the exe like this:
Quote:
...when you want to run your patched version of the CAW tool, you should go to [Install Location]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool and run WorldBuilderCS.exe.

Does it run okay if you do that?
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 11:24 AM
Thank you simsample, I can edit the world with the 'superCAW' now!
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 4:13 PM
For some reason, when I debugged the project caw exe, it loaded up and worked fine. However, when I closed caw and closed the debugger (without saving??) it deleted all my documents in electronic arts... So I am a bit peeved with that!!

What I found weird weird was when I shut the debugger, it said debugging mode hasn't finished. I thought it had since caw loaded up? And what caw.exe do i use if it works, the one in projects or the one ea gave us? sorry I'm so vague!!

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 5:48 PM
felix1248- Glad it's working!

alext369- Do you mean it deleted Program Files/ Electronic Arts or Documents/ Electronic arts? For this process we aren't touching the userdata, and I can't see why Visual C# would delete all files in Program Files/ Electronic Arts, although I could understand it deleting files it created if you shut it down before it finishes. Did you make a backup of the CAW folder first? See my reply in post #122 about the exe; this is stated in the tutorial but for some reason people keep missing it!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#125 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 6:14 PM
You should post it like this Simsample

...when you want to run your patched version of the CAW tool, you should go to [Install Location]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool and run WorldBuilderCS.exe.

/me giggles innocently and adds a ton of explanation marks and more alarms to the above bit inside her head

eta
makes brain to hurt if you stare that too long... ^^
Page 5 of 15