Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 12:17 PM
Default Nanny able to follow university lecture schedule
I have a Sim living in main hood that's a young adult attending university, and she has a toddler. I figured I'd get a nanny to come over and watch the toddler while she is at lectures, but I discovered that nanny can't handle lecture schedule, which I guess makes sense since vanilla game play does not have this scenario. I know lots of people do have YAs with kids, so I thought I'd see if any of you have come across a global mod that enables nanny's to read university majors as jobs.

If no mod exists I can make a custom career that matches her lecture hours and give her that, so the nanny comes for that and she just goes to lecture instead, but much more hassle that way, so first wanna see if any of the modders out there fixed this problem for us. I searched but I could not find anything, but maybe one of you know of one

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 2:24 PM
How did you have a YA in the Main Hood attend university please?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 5:19 AM
Squinge's mega college pack, with a custom cake to grow up a teen in main hood to YA, found here I believe.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 5:30 AM
Are you using Lazy Duchess's new nanny system? He might be able to incorporate that feature into that hack if so. The default Maxis nanny has a numerous scheduling issues for example when sims get promoted anyway.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 6:20 AM
I am not, no. From how I understood that it replaces nanny's with playables, which I do not want.

Scholar
#6 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 2:33 PM
no, it does not.

It *allows* playables to act as NPC if there is any playable actually in the "Nanny" sub-career (it has elder/teen format, though it is not exclusive for them). If it does not, it simply generate a teen townie working as this particular NPC. I suppose if you'd put any YA from dormies in this career, that is what you would get as an actual Nanny (or rather babysitter), though I did not tested this mod in Uni environment yet.

BTW - I'd recommend LD approach even if you ignore the whole career stuff - even hacked by mods nannies are acting often in completely insane or stupid way (not mentioning not hacked ones). The mod makes them actually useful and productive instead being nuissance. They also tracks better the actual schedule of the guardian (including the promotions) - again: not tested in the uni.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 11:01 PM
Also, if the game tries to give you a nanny you don't want, you can apparently get a different one, which may be a generated NPC, by saying "No" and then asking for the nanny again.
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 12:44 AM
right, I forgot this feature

If you are not afraid about overpopulation, it's another way to get teen townies (they normally appears as HS students for "brought a friend from school" scenario). And their personalities are quite random (and sometimes with funny side effects - poor Don had a hard time to stay clearof jailbait - Romance babysitter in action in one of my games).

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 12:39 PM
I don't want teen nannies either, and I don't find nannies incompetent or a nuisance. I like my nannies. I just want them to be able to understand college lecture schedule as job schedule, but guessing it does not exist or someone would likely have mentioned it by now

I'm sure LazyDuchess mod is nice, but it does stuff I do not want and fixes things that I do not have an issue with, and does not do the specific thing I am looking for. In addition it's not compatible with some of my own made nanny mods, so yeah, not for me

Meet Me In My Next Life
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 3:35 AM
@gummilutt It's so nice to see you again, you are one of my most favorite creator I love your mods and do use them. One of my favorite is your Washer and dryer.
Take care and much love.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 11:07 AM
Aw, thank you for the kind words It's always nice to see the things you shared still being used. A lot has happened in modding since I disappeared, many new talented creators on the scene doing amazing things, so it's an honor that someone still likes the more simple things I made