Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#76 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 5:52 PM
ok i just wasn't sure whether to keep them or not

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Advertisement
Wiki Wizard
#77 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:54 PM
We still need to think of a good name for this place, i got inspiration today from a film called A Street Car named Desire, they own a house called Belle Vue, which i thought was a cool name, but it is french and means 'Beautiful View', so i translated into Italian and it turned into 'bella veduta', the second part sounds a tad harsh though?

EDIT: oooh ok, i tried to see what 'beautiful land' translated as in Italian, and how about this for a name for our NH:
"Bella Terra"?

OR
"Bel Paesaggio" - Beautiful Landscape
"Bel Luogo" - Beautiful Place

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:11 PM
DD: I like Bel Luogo it seems like it would be a nice name for our NH

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#79 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:23 PM
I made a quick search of italian names of villages with bel-bella and there's a few but always written like that:
- Bellacqua
- Belfiore
- Belasio
Or with Bella:
- Bella di Lamezia Terme
- Bellaluce
- Bellamonte.
Wiki Wizard
#80 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:26 PM
i like Bellamonte - Beautiful Mountain

Field Researcher
#81 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 8:37 PM
i agree with DD i like Bellamonte also

You can call me Tasia
Wiki Wizard
#82 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 10:04 PM
So are we calling it:
BellaMonte - Quaint Italian Fishing Town
???

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#83 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:11 PM
Sounds good to me. Let's wait a bit to see if the others agree otherwise i think we've just found our town's name .
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:06 AM
I like Bella Terra o _ o
#85 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:45 AM
I like Bellamonte. But how about Belleville?
Wiki Wizard
#86 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 5:28 PM
haha i like Bella Terra a lot too We need more names, i am not dead set on bella anything personally, let's try some new approaches! :D

EDIT: oooh ok, so i think we could use an italian name and the word harbour to make a good italian named town!! i came up with a few i liked
Corrado Porto
Benito Porto
Flavia Porto

What do you all think? I really like Corrado Porto :P

Forum Resident
#87 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 6:34 PM
I like Corrado Porto too. But I'm not sure if it isn't supposed to be Porto Corrado. I sill like that name very much, though!
Wiki Wizard
#88 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 8:53 PM
haha, my bad, it was meant to be Porto Corrado i got myself really confused with the translator, sorry :P

#89 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 9:09 PM
Can we have Portobello? Or would that sound too much like a mushroom? Lol.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:31 AM
Lol no portobello xP
They taste good and all, but really? XD
Field Researcher
#91 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 2:09 AM
I like Porto Corrado it just rolls off the tounge

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#92 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 8:41 PM
I don't mind porto corrado

Charming, since we now have a more precise idea about our town, could you begin writing the neighborhood story? That would help sleepyrose with the museum and might give us some more inspiration.
#93 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 8:47 PM
Sure, I suppose I could give it a go. But would it be the description of the world itself or just a few paragraphs explaining its history? And what name are we sticking to? Lol.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#94 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 9:01 PM
Sorry for not being precise enough.

I meant a few paragraphs introducing the background, the history of the town, it would be nice for us to have an background written to refer to and then use it to as an intro to our town for the players to make them want to discover more about our town and its stories. You see what I mean?

For the name, we'll have to all agree on one but it's something easy to change if you work on words first.
#95 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 9:09 PM
No, it's cool. I just wanted to make sure. I'll get right on that and for now I'm gonna be using "Porto Corrado" in place of the town's actual name which we have yet to come up with. I might take a while but I'll try to post as soon as I can.
#96 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:38 AM
Finally done. Hope you like whatever I managed to put together. Credit goes to Litt0_Lia for the story ideas and characters. I didn't mention character names cause we're including hints in the actual world anyway and it might be more fun for players to put pieces of the puzzle together themselves.

And special thanks to Babelfish for the Spanish words.

INTRO (Can be used as the World description)

Porto Corrado is a quiet little town by the Mediterranean Sea where everyone can enjoy life's simple pleasures and live in perfect harmony. At first glance, one might assume that its residents are content in their lovely corner of the world, but take a closer look and you will see that not everything is at is seems...

HISTORY

Many years after the first Spanish settlers had reached the shore, a flame-haired woman and her husband set foot on the land in search of a new beginning. Locals were intrigued by her presence and soon came to see her as an outsider ("forastera") even after failed attempts on her part to fit in. Only one man out of the many had bothered to befriend her and it was then that she realized that what truly set her apart wasn't her appearance, but something that went deeper than that. Something in her had awakened and she knew that even before the birth of her first child, she would be to the one to unleash hell on earth.

By the time the town had caught up to her dark secret, she had fallen out of her husband's grasp and into the arms of her only male friend. Even when others were accusing her of inflicting illnesses on them, he had come to her rescue and refused to end their clandestine affair. They saw her as a witch but in his eyes, she was a goddess ("diosa").

Sadly, love wasn't enough to save her life and she was burnt at the stake three nights after the birth of their illegitimate daughter who was among the few survivors of the mysterious disease. It then became a common belief that those who opened their hearts would prosper, and those that refused to show kindness and love were bound to suffer.

NOTES - This section isn't important. Just a few suggestions for the builders:

Sleepyrose - You don't have to include it but if it's possible, a painting of Lilith in the museum might be a good idea. I'm not sure if we can name paintings in TS3 but if you can, perhaps we could call it "Forastera" or "Diosa", depending on who painted it. This would give players a clue that the flame-haired woman from the story is her.

Lilith's Grave - Her epitaph could read, "The sun may set, but it shall rise again" or "L&N 4EVER"...lol. Okay, maybe not the second one.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:57 AM
Charming that's story is great it makes me want to live there also and i think if we had a sim paint a portrait of Lilith we can name it because i know we can name finished painting i had so many of them before lol

You can call me Tasia
#98 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGirlTasia232
Charming that's story is great it makes me want to live there also and i think if we had a sim paint a portrait of Lilith we can name it because i know we can name finished painting i had so many of them before lol

Thanks, most of the story was actually Litt0_Lia's idea. I just paraphrased. And it's great that we can name paintings. We can finally have Lilith memorabilia in the museum. Woo!
Forum Resident
#99 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:37 AM
Oh, the story is just wonderful! :lovestruc Lia and Charming, you both did an awesome job!

I agree, it would be great to have a painting of Lilith in the museum. Maybe we could also come up with a story how the museum got it's artwork. It could come from Lilith's private collection.
You know the signs from WA that sometimes hang by the doors of tombs? We could even use a couple of those, with our own text.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#100 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:45 AM
Great job narrating the story .

We actually didn't have the same version of Lilith story. In mine, her husband never set foot in Porto Corrado. She left him when she was pregnant with her first daughter, without any explanation, and he never found her The version we discussed thoroughly in the inhabitant thread (post#88) and - at least I thought - finally agreed on

Page 4 of 8