Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 1:05 AM
Default I guess I failed in life...not suicidal, mind you
Today, I had ended up failing so hard, my mom is not going to help me anymore, even if it was an emergency.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 1:43 AM
Everyone fails in life at times. That's how life is. Usually it tends to get better, and often when you least expect it.

Now, I don't know what this emergency is, or anything about your previous problems (if there are any), but I do know that sometimes when a person gets too used to relying on family or friends for supporting them through many, many hard times, it becomes very tiresome for the other part. Sometimes they might feel like giving up on the person because they might have their own problems on top of it all. People have their limits.

Family and friends can't always be around to help, particularly in emergencies. Sometimes you simply have to deal with crappy things on your own. Just do your best to get up on your feet and do something reasonable about it. No point in giving up, because that solves nothing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 2:45 AM
I ate her candy. Personally, if she wants to lose weight, she should be happy. I have been dealing with health issues surrounding not eating enough. I need to stabilize and she wants to be skinny. She already instituted a soda ban.

That was my epic fail.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 3:06 AM
What you've got here, good Panda-person, is not a hard permanent fail, but a Vent of the "family member is doing drama" type. No one will report you for a Life Fail when Axl, Dana or Alice call us to check your references.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 3:47 AM
Eating some candy is not failing hard. When I read your first post I thought maybe you were doing drugs and your mother wasn't going to enable you any more or even pick you up out of the gutter and take you to hospital, that is an emergency. If you need weight gain, candy and soda isn't the way to do it either, that can lead to diabetes and bad teeth. You need to go to a dietician and figure out meal plans, with your mum if you are still a minor. How old are you? When we are young things like this can seem like the end of the world but they aren't, really.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 5:34 PM
I'm confused. Are we talking about literally eating candy?

Or is this code for something else, like "I ate her candy" = "I slept with her boyfriend"? Because then I could see a mom being really, really upset about that.

Resident wet blanket.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:04 PM
Your mom has decided that she wouldn't call an ambulance if you were bleeding out on the floor, wouldn't pee on you if you were on fire, wouldn't turn on the light if you were photosynthesizing... because you ate her candy?

Were they secretly drugs? Because she has to be on something.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:13 PM
Eating someone's candy? You seriously call that a fail at life?

The worst I get if I'm not 'allowed' to eat mom's candy is an annoyed muttering and a grumpy look for a few minutes, and then everything is alright again. Then again, she's usually all about sharing the goodies.

Maybe you both need some perspective. Perhaps agree between you to throw out all soda and candy, so she can keep skinny and you can get your health issues sorted out with proper food instead of junk food. Candy won't help your health issues anyway.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:49 PM
No, mom is happily married and, apart from my medicine, I am not on drugs.

Truth be told, I am at a point that my hunger is indicative of illness.

Went to the doctor on my father's order. I have a virus and I have to take a nasty guaifenisen-based syrup for the cough

Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 7:16 PM
Oh my God! Yes, Panda, you failed in life... How do you dare to eat your mamma's candy? This is the most awful thing I've read in 200 years.

Ok, I'm sorry but this is hilarious. Your big problem is absolutely nothing comparing with real problems that people may have. Be ok! I'm sure your mamma still love you and you not failed in life.
Theorist
#11 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 7:48 PM
Kind of surprised that I think we're literally talking about candy, as in unhealthy sugar-based snacks. Thought it was kind of funny at first, but I was able to find that candy theft can be serious business.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...-shot/20635199/
http://www.theroot.com/articles/cul...e_of_candy.html
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/loca...over-ree/nf6c9/

I hope your mom doesn't take candy as seriously as those people.
Anyway, I hope it was worth it. I mean, I hope it was some good candy like a chocolate bar. Hershey, Twix, Snickers, 3-Musketeers, or Mars bar... something good. Or maybe Lindor Chocolate Truffles. Those are really good! My boss got me a little bag of those for Christmas. Mmmmm, so good. I could see throwing away a lifelong relationship with my mother for those. Hope it wasn't over something gross like circus peanuts or some of that wax-paper taffy crap. That would be quite a sad story if you were to lay there dying from a snake bite or something and your mom won't call an ambulance because she's mad at you for eating some cheap nasty candy like Jolly Ranchers or gummi worms.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 10:31 PM
I'm glad it isn't a seriously shitty issue, but you should have just put this in Vent.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 10:37 PM
Good, I'm glad you went to the DR but also go to a dietician as well if you have problems keeping weight on.
Also if you feel like this again over something small-which this is, think of all the good things you have/can do/ are thankful for and realize it isn't serious or a life fail. Doing drugs or finding out you are pregnant but not knowing to who, or even worse both, those are serious life fails. If the worst thing my kids ever do is eat my candy I'll be a very happy mum.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 11:43 PM
This wasn't a vent, but I was about to break down in tears.

Second, my family doesn't believe in owning guns, because we're unstable in many ways. Last thing I want is a death threat over a Peanut Butter Snickers.

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I am at a point that my hunger is indicative of illness.

If that is the case then your food behaviour does not indicate that you "failed in life".

Believing you failed at life is indicative of illness, and you need to get some help to put what you are dealing with into perspective so you can feel more positive about your life.

Get help for yourself, and maybe your mother should also get some counselling to help understand your illness.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Theorist
#16 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 7:52 PM
Maybe buy her a new Peanut Butter Snickers? If she's really stubborn about forgiving you for it, then try 2. If all else fails, a bag of Fun Size should do the trick. I'd think that would work on anyone.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:53 AM
GnatGoSplat, I'll make the effort to buy off my mother with a gift that overshadows what I ate behind her back.
Everyone else, I'll make an effort to see my doctors and see if it isn't some serious disorder with an obvious name like malarexia or a sign I've developed an odd nervous disorder.

I already had been through a 5-vial blood test and a CT head scan and they came back otherwise normal, which means I have a sleep study to go to and if nothing is wrong there, I have a dreaded lumbar puncture to tend to.

I have trouble with needles. If it's a sewing needle or the needle used on newborns in blood drawn, no problem. If the gauge is any larger that it leaves a puncture wound, I may have to require sedation for my protesting.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Family and friends can't always be around to help, particularly in emergencies. Sometimes you simply have to deal with crappy things on your own. Just do your best to get up on your feet and do something reasonable about it. No point in giving up, because that solves nothing.

I know this is somewhat irrelevant to the current goings of this overall conversation, but I must say that If your friend(s) can't be there for you in a real dire emergency then they are not a true friend.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 6:13 AM
The only friends I have are online. I have no real life friends to see me.

Alchemist
#20 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:05 PM
Now I'm so rude and didn't read all the replies. Except the last one. Do they all live that far away?

What I have to say about life, from my own experiences (and I think it speaks for strong people as well) is, from a band called Callejon:

Wenn das Leben dich fickt, fick es zurück
When life fucks you, fuck it back.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#21 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 3:20 PM
I have many online contacts in the US and in the UK, Australia and Argentina. The ones in the US are too far to drive up my way.

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 7:02 PM
Okay, maybe I'm wrong about this, but this is how the scenario sounds to me:

Your mom wants to lose weight, you need to gain weight. Your mom got candy - maybe a gift? - which she's not supposed to eat. Since she's not supposed to, and you were hungry/craving sugar, you figured she wouldn't mind if you ate the stuff she can't. Turns out she did mind and blew up at you.
(I've experienced something like this firsthand. My mom went from veggie to vegan, so after the change I finished off some chocolates (which I purchased, by the way) with milk in them. And then she yelled at me and threatened to never let me buy my own chocolate.)

Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like your mom A. has some mental issues (which you mentioned above), B. she had some sentimental attachment to the candies (which is why I suggested it may have been a gift), or C. she's extremely stressed by the change in diet, possibly feels cranky from undereating, or otherwise has other things going on.

Something that dramatic is not a normal reaction. Since it's not normal, it's her problem, not yours.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 4:34 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 11th Jan 2015 at 5:11 AM.
Thanks hugbug993...
My mom is currently the only person in the household making money and it's not enough to cover the house and utility, suffers from depression and she got that candy from work at the bakery either because a supplier came in or it was about to be pulled based on sell by date.

I am at the end of my rope. I feel worn out and going on binges to stay at a constant 255, keeping in mind I lost about 30 pounds last year.

Once I get the chance, I am going to talk to my doctors and get back to normal...or at least, what passes for normal here.

Addendum
My mother is amazed how my weight remained the same in the past month.

Scholar
#24 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 11:16 AM
I agree with hugbug993, it does sound as if your mum has issues. Can I ask if she has done this before? Screamed and yelled at you over something trivial?

My mum can be very difficult at times, and I know it can be difficult to talk to people outside the family about it. Do you have any siblings or maybe cousins that you can talk to? Even if it's just over the phone, I think it might help just to hear that it's not you, it's her, and that someone else understands.

Unfortunately while you still live there it's difficult to actually do anything to stop her behaviour, as she is likely to blow up at you even more. I know how hard it is in this economy though. Maybe just try to keep your head down a bit? Do you have any pets you can cuddle?

Sending you a hug anyway xxx