Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 6:02 PM
Default Considering quitting the Sims Series for my first hobby of doll collection
With the realization that I am dissatisfied with the Sims Series, ever since the neglect of veteran players like myself, I'm going back to my first love of dolls, OOAK dolls and doll collection.

However, I will be a regular in the general discussion area of MTS as you are like family to me. r_denoube, being a fellow Washingtonian, I am probably stuck inside working on projects and experimental art. So, no, didn't realize the space station would be near us.

That and I lost my key codes. I better find them.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 10:30 PM
That's sweet, you can always look for key codes on the internet in case you don't find it after all, I lost my Bon Voyage box and key code years ago and could still install it. Good luck with your doll collection, though if you are like me you'll probably get back to The Sims in a few months, you should do whatever makes you have fun at the time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 10:48 PM
Very kind of you to admire my doll collection efforts.

I have a bunch of Monster High, Apple White from Ever After High, Disney Store Dolls, a few Barbies, some from the Jenny line from Takaratomy prior to the hiatus in 2008 and many custom Dollfie 1/6 scale, prior to discontinuation and a few Obitsu dolls near completion and bunch of bodies and head in need of finishing from basic prep.

I might garner a disagree, but I plan on spending my allowance on dolls as I had no time to goof around last year, considering the fact our family suffered a major blow from the death of our matriarch.

I can use the registry tricks and fix it that way.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

#4 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 11:00 PM Last edited by Graveyard Snowflake : 20th Jan 2015 at 11:53 PM.
I have a few collections myself, but none of them involve dolls. Never really liked dolls.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 1:07 AM
I'm taking a break from the sims myself at the moment, as I wanted to go back to Happy Aquarium, and my efforts at creating were starting to feel more like a chore than fun. It's worked out quite well though, as I'm ill at the moment and can actually play Happy Aquarium lying down in bed. I'm not leaving the sims for good though, I'm sure I'll go back to it at some point.

You should put up some photos of your dolls, they sound interesting.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 7:14 AM
The fact I can't get a physical copy of the Sims 4 Great Outdoors Game Pack, it's back to playing with dolls for me.

PS @Graveyard Snowflake The Question Is...why do you have to point out your lack of interest in dolls when people are trying to share their thoughts on it? This question is not meant to be adversarial, but I ponder your need to point it out?

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 1:26 PM
Snowflake looks to be more making the point of saying they too collect things.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 3:19 PM
I've tried collecting things before but it never works out, it always turns into a hoard (shoeboxes most recently). But that sounds like an interesting collection. Have you seen grav3yardgirl on YouTube? She's mainly a beauty guru but she has a love for strange old dolls.
Banned
#9 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 4:09 PM
I collect bottle caps every now and then. I'll blame Fallout 3, I think.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 8:32 PM
I collect books. Hoards of books. To the point my husband won't let me buy any more. So I started buying them for the e-reader thingies. Which I use on occassion. It's not the same as a good book. The old ones smell amazing.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 8:44 PM
I collect quite a lot of things. Cloth dolls, Cabbage patch kids, plushies from various comic-cons.
I'm taking a break from Sims too, but that's so I can play sims 2 for psp. I don't know what it is about sims 2 for handhelds, but they've always managed to hold my attention better than any other game, just like Sims 2 for PC. I've also recently bought Urbs for Ps2 so hopefully that'll be good too.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#12 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 12:36 AM
Congrats! I used to have a life. I did things like putter around the house, make robots, write AI programs... then I decided I needed a computer game to take up my free time.

Well, the Sims 3 did that. And it took up my weekends and all the time I have after work.

My sims have a life that is so much better than mine!
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 2:31 PM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 26th Jan 2015 at 4:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
I collect bottle caps every now and then. I'll blame Fallout 3, I think.

Whoa whoa whoa, surely you mean you'll blame James from Pokemon?! ;p

I'm a huge Rocketshipper, so I collect Team Rocket stuff. I think I paid about £70 for my copy of 'Surf's Up, Pikachu'.
Banned
#14 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
Whoa whoa whoa, surely you mean you'll blame James from Pokemon?! ;p

The heck is he? Only James I know in fiction pretty well is the father in Fallout 3, which

Someone rename this to the 'what do you collect?' thread at this rate.
Scholar
#15 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 4:38 PM
In Pokemon, Ash's enemies are Team Rocket (Jessie, James and Meowth). Have you never seen Pokemon?

My ex-boyfriend used to play Fallout, might have been 3 but I can't remember.
#16 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
Snowflake looks to be more making the point of saying they too collect things.

I actually do. My room is full of rocks, posters, seashells, necklaces, bracelets and one I'm working on now is focused on dragons.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 4:18 AM
I see my point dropped out along with the secret trap door...(clears throat) I have decided to start animating in an old by about 21 years animation technique called Chuckimation, where dolls and action figures are manipulated slightly to resemble movement. The dolls and action figures differentiate it from puppetry.

It first appeared in the mid 1990s in an animation called Action League Now!, which many didn't think much of it due to lack of detail, namely no paper mouths moving.

Forum Resident
#18 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 4:56 AM
A type of stop motion animation? I wish you luck with that.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 5:01 PM
Well, the fact of the matter is that I was trying to compete with Seth Green. His show, "Robot Chicken" has its moments, but mainly it is douchebag humor. This concept started when we were watching "Frozen" and dad and I came up with a joke where we see what appears to be "filming" for the end of "Frozen" and Olaf is melted. The director shouts "Cut! Whaddya mean the Heat Miser's goons took his personal flurry?" And it would show the goons messing with the personal flurry.