Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:54 AM
Default Sleeping Arrangements
How do you sleep?

This is broken down into Apparel, Furniture and Activity.

For me?

Apparel
As my bed is warm without me. I don't wear too much, especially in warm spells between March and Early September. The hotter the house, the less I wear. If it reaches 100 degrees Fahrenheit, have a robe nearby so I am decent. (My parents do not adore my nude form)

Furniture
I have a Twin bed with a MALM frame from IKEA. There is no box frame, but an old and viable mattress. My mattress I sleep on is also from IKEA, made of a memory foam-type substance. I admit I have questionable taste in sheets (licensed characters printed on them) but my comforters are soft and warm. I have 1 pillow and tons of plushies. My parents joke I'm like The Princess and the Pea in that the slightest disturbance will make a good night's sleep impossible.

Activity
Before I lay down for the night, I take my pills, write to you guys about things via my Wii U or smartphone, turn on my entertainment system and select something sedate or tenderly romantic, lay down and get cuddled in my comforters. I usually have romantic dreams when I fall asleep to a romance movie.

How do you fall asleep?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 5:47 AM
Apparel - depends. Sometimes clothed, sometimes not.
Furniture - the sofa. Or 3/4 of the bed, when I go in the bedroom. I like the sofa. I have an old gray and red plaid blanket that's mine. All mine.
Activity - MTS, check in on Evie, make sure cat has food and water, read a random wiki article.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 5:51 AM
Pretty specific post, but sure, I'll chime in:

Apparel: Ranges from what I wore in that day (really tired), to PJs (top and bottom), or underwear (on warm nights), or topless

Furniture: Queen size bed, several blankets. Even if it's hot, I have to sleep with something over me, so at the very least, I sleep with the sheets over me, but I still keep the blankets on my bed (usually about 3-4)

Activity: Every single night I have to remove my sheet music (keyboard) from my bed. Other than that, routine varies depending on how sleepy I am. Sometimes I go straight to bed, sometimes I watch 30 minutes - 1 hour of TV, sometimes I read. Pretty normal, I guess (except the sheet music moving routine - you'd think I'd have a better system, but I guess it works out well enough).
#4 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 5:58 AM
Ok, let me explain .. I don't like the heat, I'm not bonkers about summer/hot days/glaring sunshine .. I'm far too Celtic skinned for it. I like it cold. Autumn (Fall) and winter and spring are fine, I hate summer. I am a night owl. My hatred of hot weather means that I rarely have nightclothes on hand, but I do have a robe for tottering into the kitchen at night for water (or cake) or brekkie. Even in winter I might not Pj up if it's a mild winter. If I go away anywhere I have to invest in sleeping garments to have around for modesty reasons and I hate it. I gets too hot!

Before I moved to New Zealand I lived in a two storey house in Ireland and was able to have my window open at night - rain or storm or tempest, it was always open. We lived near a wood close to the sea and I used to like to listen to the barks from faraway foxes and the sea outside as I drifted off.

I have a dark wood queen size sleigh bed (inside spoiler is pic of very similar bed). and heavenly mattress. Sheets and pillowcases whose thread count runs into the millions (Egyptian cotton)I have four pillows in total and a duck down duvet. I only have white bedding - as I can't be bothered to colour sort when doing laundry

Now I can't hear foxes anymore, they don't exist here, or smell and hear the sea before sleep. I live in a single story home now and my bedroom window has to remain closed. In order to sleep I became a voracious reader and my tastes run from True Crime to Fantasy to biographies of obscure and fascinating people. I read until I can't keep my eyes open any more then ..Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. At the weekend, the read might be done with a nice glass (or two) of wine
Forum Resident
#5 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 7:21 AM
I always wear pajamas. Satin ones for the red week, and cotton for the rest.

My bed is a simple hard mattress that supports my hunchback, with a blanket, a bolster, and a pillow on it.

Before I sleep, I will eat a light snack, then let my thoughts drift off until I fall asleep in total darkness.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 12:45 PM
That's an interesting topic.

Apparel

Because i don't like summer/warmth it depends on temperature. In winter i wear pajama, spring and fall i'm wearing t-shirt and shorts and in summer? Sometimes nothing.
If it isn't hot i'm wearing a nightie.

Furniture

A double bed. My boyfriend mostly sleeping on my side because the cat sleeps on the other. I don't have to much space.

Activity

Listening to epic music (i love game and anime soundtracks) and some daydreaming.
Or writing a fanfiction. Most time i will dream about it and if i remember i'll use my notepad to write it down after waking up next day.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 1:02 PM
BUTT NAKED IN BED AFTER SEX.

I could have resisted but I didn't try.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 1:32 PM
Apparel - In general I walk around in underwear and a t-shirt (around my house! not outside, obviously) and usually wear that to bed too. Sometimes less, sometimes I put pyjama bottoms on, every once in a while I wear nothing because 'its my house'. When I use to live with my family I would wear t-shirt, pyjama bottoms and sometimes socks - but that is just waaaay too much for me these days.

Furniture - The bed that came with my flat. I dunno, it's a wooden frame and a slightly springy but comfy mattress. It's a double bed. I have 2 pillows under my head (that are both getting a little flat), and 1 very flattened out pillow to go under my ribs because the bed is a little springy. Also in my bed at the moment is my lovely build-a-bear Jeff, and a huge patamon plushie. Though during the day I always put my 3 cabbage patch kids on the bed - who go on the shelf above the bed at night time. Hmm.. Oh and my bedding is light blue and white striped, but my pillows still have the red silk bedding that I put on it in the summer because I can't remember where I put the matching stripe pillow cases.

Activity - Sometimes if my boyfriend's feeling generous he rubs my back with baby sleeptime lotion and I put it on my arms and I snuggle up in bed as comfy as I can get. I usually try to think about what I want to do on sims if i haven't played it for a few days, what I want to do the next day, etc. A lot of the time I can't sleep until 2 hours later. It helps when I sleep diagonally, but the boyfriend doesn't like it.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:43 PM
Apparel - Pjs (top & bottom, usually a tee variant if it's hot, and long-ermed if it's cold). I've got several different, but one of my favorites has lots of peguins on it *blushes*

Furniture - at mom's place, I'm borrowing the bed in my brother's room, one of those mattress beds that is perhaps a little small for two, but giant for one. At my place I've got a smaller version of a similar bed, though I suspect a lot cheaper (it's borrowed). A duvet for all year around, and a blanket for when the duvet is too hot or too cold. And double pillows, because I hate lying flat despite sleeping on my belly (or side) most of the time.

Activity - Before bed, it's first reading, then sleeping. At my place the bed sort of doubles as a couch because the only other chair in the rom is my office chair, and is used for studying, eating, laptop useage, and so forth.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:59 PM
Apparel
Usually a shirt and shorts and no socks, nothing too fancy. When it's hot I sometimes take off my shirt to sleep... Very rarely I sleep completely naked, although I do like the feeling.

Furniture
Since I still live at my parents, my bed is standard. About as long as me, 2 people can fit in it as long as you don't mind cuddling. In winter there's usually an extra layer on the mattress that I can put over. Like I said, nothing special.

Activity
Well, usually I game a lot before going to bed, it's all I do the entire day. Sometimes do some excersize or read if I can't sleep. There's also something else I do if I can't sleep, but I want to keep it safe for work here so I won't tell. The dirty minded people will know what I mean though...

Trying is the first step to failure.
Inventor
#11 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:42 PM
apparel:
pyjama bottoms, socks (always), t-shirt and long sleeved top.

furniture:
a single metal bed with sheet, pillows, duvet and crochet (granny square) blanket.

activity:
a game involving tapping my tablet screen, just before falling asleep.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Theorist
#12 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 6:39 PM
Apparel
Pyjama pants + t-shirt. In the summer less clothing, depending on the heat.

Furniture
One person bed (no space and need for a double bed), for the rest the normal stuff. Duvet depending on the temperature.

Activity
Internet and a quick game of patience on my smarth phone.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 7:55 PM
Apparel - old PJs. I mean really old and tatty. That's probably an age thing but you should see what Him Indoors wears. I don't like being over-heated, so I'm not above taking off the PJs in the middle of the night.

Furniture - a couple of years back we bought the Best Bed Ever. That is to say we bought a nice oak bed frame, plain in design but I really prefer plain. In addition to this we bought a Tempur mattress - I don't know whether you have that brand in the States or elsewhere in the world, but let me tell you, it is ace, beyond compare. The best and most comfortable mattress I have ever had. I sleep like a log (well, as long as I don't have too much coffee) and am always comfy. Basically, it's a high end memory foam mattress. Brilliant.

Activity - book till I fall asleep (it's not rare that the book falls on my nose waking me up again). It's part of my sleep hygiene (ask my doctor) that I avoid doing anything in bed (apart from the obvious) except relax and sleep. Watching TV or using a laptop/handheld is meant to be bad for your sleep patterns.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#14 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 9:21 PM
Apparel - nightgown
Furniture - a queen-sized bed
Activity- I usually stay awake for a while after i get into bed.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 12:59 AM
Apparel - shorts/t-shirts/pajamas all work for me. I prefer shorts and a tank top though- I got hot when I sleep and it isn't unusual for me to take clothes off in my sleep. (How hot do I get when I sleep? I've been known to get up and walk straight out the door in winter. I stand there until I cool down.)

Furniture - my couch. I have a bed and it's a perfectly good bed. Every once in a while I think "I really should sleep in my perfectly good bed" and I try it for a while... I always end up back on the couch.

Activity - reading or playing a game on my phone.
Theorist
#16 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
How do you sleep?

Not easily.

Apparel
Black, grey, or white boxers that are just clean enough to wear and that I'm moderately sure will hold up to an ultraviolet inspection on the off chance case that Room Raiders: California busts in with their guest host, JesuOtaku and a dvd of Princess Mononoke if the room wins.

Furniture
*Polar-Aire industrial power electric fan. It's important to feel like you're in a wind tunnel in california where it's march-to-december too hot
*Queen sized water bed deck with a regular spring queen mattress, a pillow, a cotton sheet, and a light blanket
*System One CPAP respirator with nostril mask for maximum are-you-serious

Activity
After closing my eyes I try to recall anything I've learned for the day, like words or terminology or just any non-academic lesson. Then I try choose something to form my own opinion about, rather than take the opinion from something I've read or watched or heard. It's pretty challenging for me. Why have your own opinion when you can just copy someone else's, but then the result of that wouldn't be constructive would it? And from there I play a word game to search my head for any words I should know better. It's very impotent to use the right words to express what you are thinking.

Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
How do you fall asleep?

By going blank. If I can't, then I think about a fantasy dream date with waifu
Forum Resident
#17 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 11:26 AM
Apparel
Very little or nothing, but not because of having had nooky or anything, more to do with the fact that it's comfy and there is no-one else in the house to be terrified by the sight of my naked body

Furniture
"Sad Bastard" brand king single bed for the person who is not very confident of picking someone up and getting to bed with them!

Activity
Now here's the real reason for me writing this. I generally have trouble getting to sleep due to anxiety, etc. But lately I've had this running dream where I've moved in with my favourite Sims family and basically play the Sims in first person in my head. It sounds a bit sad and crazy but it must take my mind off reality and I find I'm falling asleep better.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Scholar
#18 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:54 AM
Apparel
I typically sleep in my day clothes from the previous day. I sleep in jeans, a shirt, and a jacket. It's easier to get up if you're less comfortable, and it's less laundry.

Furniture
I sleep in my dorm bed, which is actually quite comfy. In the winter I have a fuzzy blanket and a big comforter and in the spring/summer I have a light blanket.

Activity
I take my pills 2 hours before going to bed, since they take about that long to kick in, and then read in bed or just lie there and try to think of pleasant things before drifting off.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Inventor
#19 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 8:07 PM
Apparel:
Depends really, sometimes I just pass out in my clothes

Furniture:
Queen sized bed, multiple pillows because the ones I have are starting to go flat and I haven't replaced them yet. I also always have to use a blanket, regardless of temperature. I have to at least keep a sheet covering my feet if nothing else, otherwise the cat will attack them while I'm trying to get settled or am reading.

Habits:
I'm another one who has to read until comatose otherwise I'll wake myself up with my own thoughts. Cat is also usually present. That's more his requirement than mine, though, he usually hovers around wherever I'm at when I'm home, or is at least in the same room. He's very much a Mama's boy. He sometimes sleeps directly on top of me, around stomach area (I sleep on my sides), though if it's cold, he'll insist on getting under the blanket and curling up right next to me--rationally I know he's just leaching off my body heat, but I tell myself it's just because he wants to be cuddly. Usually though, we just share the large lumbar/body pillow that I bought because it's big and fluffy and I'd taken to hugging a pillow in my sleep since about college. I grab the upper and upper middle portion, he curls into a cat-ball on the lower and lower middle portion.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 7:33 PM
Apparel - Pajama pants and loose, oversized t-shirt usually. I always have to wear socks as well. It's hard for me to sleep if my feet are cold! We have central heating and air conditioning so the temperature of the house doesn't vary much during the year so I never feel the need to wear more or less clothing to bed. Actually, I can't stand it if it gets too hot to use my comforter. It feels weird and uncomfortable trying to sleep without a blanket covering me!

Furniture - My bed is a full, and it's currently just resting on a metal frame, no elegant wooden headboard or anything. The top mattress is getting too soft and squishy for my tastes. It needs to be flipped. And my bed is pushed against a wall so it's really annoying to change the sheets. Right now it just has a floral-printed sheet and a dark blue comforter. I have 3 pillows, because I love pillows. And I have one of those cushion-pillow things that let you sit up against a headboard or wall, and it has those little armrests. It's very useful for when I'm trying to do some writing in bed on my laptop. And of course my puppy usually sleeps with me, and sometimes my cat too, but they don't always get along. lol

Activities - It's rare for me to just lay down and try to fall asleep right away. It tends to be difficult for me to fall asleep so I have to do something to distract my mind for a while, usually watching a show or movie on Netflix, lounging in bed on the internet with my laptop, reading a book, or listening to music on my Zune. I usually do one or more of these activities before finally trying to sleep each night around 1 or 2 AM.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 4:14 AM
Hmmm...
Apparel - Depends - usually a Mario-Pikachu shirt and gray shorts, but also an OMG-Patrick Star shirt.
Furniture - a bed, sheets, pillows, blanket, dresser, crap strewn around my room.
Activites - Toss and turn, read, goof off, fuck with my pillow, write shit on my hand, etc.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 10:31 AM
Apparel: When I lived inside, I wore PJ's to bed but now I am in my sleepout, I wear nothing to bed in summer and I will proberly end up wearing PJ's in winter because the door lets the air in... (also, I live in New Zealand so it's summer here and I haven't been though a winter here in my new sleepout yet!
Furniture: There is just a mattrise upstairs, there is no room for a base, I should get some proper sheets for my bed... I also sleep with my toy tiger and I use my Pikachu pillow as my pillow, I did use my big bear as one but it's too big!
Activites: I use my PC downstairs then I take my phone and book up stairs and read until I can't read anymore!

My room also needs proper lights and power still... (I hate mates rates...)

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord