Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 2:15 AM
Default What have you learned today?
Some people can't sleep until learning something new.

What have YOU learned today?

Me? Well, I thought it was a good idea to wreck an out-of-print book to scan it for my personal use. Good thing I only removed one page.

Never again will I allow my books to end up wrecked for convenience's sake.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 2:23 AM
I learned, and still am learning how to use Homecrafter Plus!
Hopefully soon I can be considered a creator.
#3 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 2:46 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 4th Apr 2015 at 3:03 AM.
I was very worried about the Monarch butterflies who are still in cocoons in my garden, because Winter is coming! But today I learned that this last batch won't mate and die until the spring - it appears the overwintering flutterbys can somehow prolong their life span to do such an amazing thing. During the summer and the mating season they hatch out of their cocoons, mate and die within 5 weeks - isn't nature fucking amazing?

I learned that I have a goldfish (named Daniel) missing from my pond. I have yet to learn who stole/ate it ... I don't blame Daniel's pond mates as they never showed any cannibalistic leanings previously. Personally, any carnage wrought in my garden is automatically blamed on hedgehogs because they are nothing better than serial killers when left to their own devices. I still feed them though ... There is one very large one I call Ted (think serial killer and you'll get the idea) and I am sure he looked a bit shifty last night. I think it's outrageous that Ted would eat Daniel especially after I rescued Ted when he got his lil' foot caught in some timber garden edging during the summer. I have learned that Ted is probably a sociopath.
Inventor
#4 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 5:26 AM Last edited by stitch_too : 4th Apr 2015 at 9:49 AM.
I've learned that as I'm middle aged (yikes!) ice skating isn't such a good idea.

and the guy who serves snacks, is from Wisconsin, and hates the cold, yet works in an ice rink, in Manchester.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
I was very worried about the Monarch butterflies who are still in cocoons in my garden, because Winter is coming! But today I learned that this last batch won't mate and die until the spring - it appears the overwintering flutterbys can somehow prolong their life span to do such an amazing thing. During the summer and the mating season they hatch out of their cocoons, mate and die within 5 weeks - isn't nature fucking amazing?

I learned that I have a goldfish (named Daniel) missing from my pond. I have yet to learn who stole/ate it ... I don't blame Daniel's pond mates as they never showed any cannibalistic leanings previously. Personally, any carnage wrought in my garden is automatically blamed on hedgehogs because they are nothing better than serial killers when left to their own devices. I still feed them though ... There is one very large one I call Ted (think serial killer and you'll get the idea) and I am sure he looked a bit shifty last night. I think it's outrageous that Ted would eat Daniel especially after I rescued Ted when he got his lil' foot caught in some timber garden edging during the summer. I have learned that Ted is probably a sociopath.

Hedgehogs, from my experience, normally torment European serial killers in hallucinations. (Monty Python gag) Never heard of their killings beyond what is normally eaten, which are bugs.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

#6 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Hedgehogs, from my experience, normally torment European serial killers in hallucinations. (Monty Python gag) Never heard of their killings beyond what is normally eaten, which are bugs.

Well, here's something else you've learned today, hedgehogs will eat butterfly cocoons, road kill, baby birds ( ) eggs and dry cat food
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 9:31 AM
@Nymphetamine, have you learned whether you can have a huge crush on someone who knows how to cook meat? Perhaps things will work out well for you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Well, here's something else you've learned today, hedgehogs will eat butterfly cocoons, road kill, baby birds ( ) eggs and dry cat food

I knew of cat food being a good sub for their foraging diet.

I originally was thinking of keeping one for a pet to train for a maze crawling experiment and otherwise gain its trust to love it.

In the part of America where I live, you can keep them as pets. Certain states don't allow them.

Nothing dangerous on the experiment, just a cardboard maze and a bit of cat food at the end.

I am also aware of their self-anointing habit.

I know I'll get 3 years max out of it. I've own hamsters prior to cats and being roughly the same, I am familiar with the size\age ratio corollary. Thelma and Louise, who lived up to their namesake (one hiding in the cabinets and the other in a walk-in closet) when we owned them and Rex, who I owned with my aunt Mary.

Still, I have cats, which means no rodents in terms of small animals. I know they're members of a group of animals known or related to the animal from prehistory as Eriniciadae.

Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 1:24 PM
i learn that pain made me stronger each day, i hate the pain but in the end i understand that is good for me

Inventor
#10 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 12:06 AM
I learned that there's a roller rink not far from my friend's house. he may take me. I also learned that skating's a good form of exercise.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 2:56 AM
I learned to at least read reviews and give "AS SEEN ON TV" items an old college try.

I have test ran the Rapid Ramen Cooker. It was beef ramen I chose to make, cooking the ramen at 3 minutes and handling with pot holders. It was a success.
I also bought the Rapid Mac Cooker, but that test run will be for tomorrow.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:10 AM
That candy makes me very thirsty.

(Easter has been my little indulgence into 'forbidden food' for having stuck to my diet thingy for three months, so I've had a few days of yummy stuff. My stomach isn't too happy, though I've tried to be careful, so I've eaten less of the food I know I react to. But as son as Easter is over, I'm back to the diet thingy).
Theorist
#13 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 5:21 AM
I know Dutch and English are related Germanic languages, I know the similarities between both languages and I think my knowledge of the English language is pretty solid. But almost every day I read or need English words with a similar spelling like Dutch words, from which I thought "This can't be the translation, it's the same spelling as the Dutch term. This is too obvious to be correct."

Until I search in a dictionary to be sure to see the same spelling (like a tent or the word spelling itself )...

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Instructor
#14 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 5:48 AM
That the people on yahoo answers are liars and getting your nose pierced really friggin' hurts
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 8:36 AM
One thing I learned: DON'T attempt to make cookies with faces with vertigo. If you even have a slight rocking, they will have Derpy Hooves styled faces.

Scholar
#16 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 12:38 PM
I shouldn't drink alcohol! Especially not after a worse soccer game...
Firstly it makes me more thirsty and secondly really nasty.
God why didn't someone stop me!?
Theorist
#17 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 7:17 PM
They make lotion for your balls to make them stink less and sell this on Amazon. Also sold: Soap from Africa that's like...ashes and fat I think.

I really don't know why I'm not a billionaire. Apparently you can make money off of anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 7:35 PM
I... uh oh. I think I just learned that soap isn't usually made from ashes and fat.

But at least I know that, at least until I've fully processed that new knowledge, I'd best stay away from candy, alcohol and nose-piercing.
Instructor
#19 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 8:40 PM
Don't worry, Noub. I came home with a fake nose ring before (testing the waters) and my mum told me I looked like a bull. It doesn't get much worse than that!
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 1:56 AM
If you disappear from the Maritimes, come out West please. Since people here won't recognize you, you would be essentially invisible until you choose to introduce yourself.
#21 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 8:19 AM
They celebrate Christmas in Japan. I dunno.
#22 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I knew of cat food being a good sub for their foraging diet.

I originally was thinking of keeping one for a pet to train for a maze crawling experiment and otherwise gain its trust to love it.

In the part of America where I live, you can keep them as pets. Certain states don't allow them.

Nothing dangerous on the experiment, just a cardboard maze and a bit of cat food at the end.

I am also aware of their self-anointing habit.

I know I'll get 3 years max out of it. I've own hamsters prior to cats and being roughly the same, I am familiar with the size\age ratio corollary. Thelma and Louise, who lived up to their namesake (one hiding in the cabinets and the other in a walk-in closet) when we owned them and Rex, who I owned with my aunt Mary.

Still, I have cats, which means no rodents in terms of small animals. I know they're members of a group of animals known or related to the animal from prehistory as Eriniciadae.

Perhaps not a great idea for a pet. They have fleas. Lots of fleas.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
Don't worry, Noub. I came home with a fake nose ring before (testing the waters) and my mum told me I looked like a bull. It doesn't get much worse than that!

Every time I fake a septum ring, my mother threatens to hook me up to a plow.

Theorist
#24 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:43 PM
I learned what @PANDAQUEEN looks like.

Resident wet blanket.
Theorist
#25 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 10:10 PM
Awesome, I learned that I am a better person, because I do love me some grilled cheese.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...y&ir=Technology
Falling a bit short on the sex quota though. Maybe you can't be just a grilled cheese lover, but actually have to eat it regularly.

Resident wet blanket.

Page 1 of 13