Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 6:35 PM Last edited by Milan Bizic : 30th Nov 2021 at 6:47 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Elder Work Outfits
I have noticed that in my game Elders can't wear work outfits for some careers and/or levels and I don't know what can be the problem. For example I have an elder female who is a World Class Ballet Dancer and she can't wear the uniform even though there is a "Dress for Work" option on her Wardrobe. Same with other elders who work at some other careers like Entertainment and Music. Does someone know what is the reason for this? Maybe these outfits are not made for elders, I tried changing ballerina dress to fit elders but they still wont dress properly. When I click Dress for Work option they just change to Everyday? I don't have any clothes mods except Buyable Work and NpC clothes but I don't think that's the problem.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 3:31 PM
Any ideas?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 4:17 PM
If I had to take a guess, I'd say that some work outfits may not be available for elders, but that's just me thinking in the context that elders, like teens, can only take part time jobs if they weren't employed before.

Considering that elders can continue to climb the career ladder passed level 3 if they got their job as an adult, I'd imagine that they should have career outfits for levels 4 and up, but you never know with Maxis sometimes.

From what you're saying, I'm starting to think that it could be an issue with EP careers, or something, but I could be wrong here.

I know you said Entertainment and Music have these problems, but are there any career outfits that do work? Like does every Base Game career outift work? It could help others narrow the issue down a little better.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
If I had to take a guess, I'd say that some work outfits may not be available for elders, but that's just me thinking in the context that elders, like teens, can only take part time jobs if they weren't employed before.

Considering that elders can continue to climb the career ladder passed level 3 if they got their job as an adult, I'd imagine that they should have career outfits for levels 4 and up, but you never know with Maxis sometimes.

From what you're saying, I'm starting to think that it could be an issue with EP careers, or something, but I could be wrong here.

I know you said Entertainment and Music have these problems, but are there any career outfits that do work? Like does every Base Game career outift work? It could help others narrow the issue down a little better.

Some do and some don't I'd have to check . The base game and university careers work, others do not. I tried to enable ballerina outfit for elders but they still wont change. Could be the problem with newer EP careers.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 3:19 AM
The Seasons career outfits can fail to show up properly on elder sims. Music is one of them. See this thread to find a fix for Seasons careers. Unfortunately, I do not have Freetime so I do not know if a similar hack to fix Freetime career outfits exists. But you can at least try the one I mentioned and see what it does for your game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
The Seasons career outfits can fail to show up properly on elder sims. Music is one of them. See this thread to find a fix for Seasons careers. Unfortunately, I do not have Freetime so I do not know if a similar hack to fix Freetime career outfits exists. But you can at least try the one I mentioned and see what it does for your game.

Yes, this mod works for seasons careers ,I tried music career and now they dress as they should. Wish there was something for FreeTime careers as well.