Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Talk Overlay Hack for Movie Makers (and Storytellers)

by decorgal21572 Posted 11th Mar 2007 at 12:51 AM - Updated 11th Mar 2007 at 1:05 AM by decorgal21572

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 1:22 PM
Default Yeah
Quote: Originally posted by LauSim
Wow. I didn't know your wonderful works. Finally I found a way to make my lazy sims more collaborative .

Did anyone tested it in Seasons yet? (I don't have Seasons yet T_T )

Thanks.

I have Seasons, but its on Dvd compatible, which means only a dvd drive can read and install it, and my brother removed my dvd drive from my pc >_O
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bin11001010
Is this the object that is a square box with a icon of a talk bubble. I downloaded a bunch of movie making helper objects last night and was playing around with them. This was one of them.

Well, I may have ruined one of my sims. (don't worry, I am not holding you accountable) it was my fault that I had about 6 animations overlapping and I forgot what ones I had running. So now my sim is most likely ruined, since I saved it in the meantime. But I have not tried to move sims out of lot yet, so it may still be salvageable.

Any case I have a few suggestions to improve this object in my testing.
1.) have a stop all button --- This will stop all animations running from this object (may need to stop them in order to them being started or in reverse order

2.) some pie menus for other objects display weather they are on or off. it would be great if this would display a "(running)" in the top menu items next to the normal menu text and when you drill down into that menu item it will have "(running)" next to the menu items with animations that are running

3.) another possibility would be (not sure how it would work with movie making) but when one animation is started stop the previous one automatically. the reason why I don't think this one would work would be you may want to walk and talk at the same time and they may be 2 different animations.

Other than my bad experence with this object so far I see it being very useful. keep up the good work

Sorry you had trouble with it in your game. To answer your questions:

1) That is definitely something I've thought about and I know one way to do it BUT I suspect it's something I'm miscoding and that's why it stops the animations rather my coding something correctly- i.e. this is beyond my knowledge so I left that out (at least for now). The best way to stop it, if you can't remember (which happens to me a lot and I made this!) is to go through the menu and stop each animation. Yes, a pain but there aren't that many. You should also be mindful of which ones you're using but looking at the animation should also give some clues as to which ones you're running.

2) That's a great suggestion but that is WAY beyond me and not possible for me (I don't know if that's even possible at all). Sorry but I unfortunately don't know enough to even consider something like that.

3) That would kind of defeat the purpose of this hack which I made specifically so that people could layer animations on top of another.

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 8:01 AM
in one of ur pics (the guy in the bath tub) how did u take the blurs off?

"She says 'Is beauty all that matters?' and you say 'What else is there?!' You should write a book; how to offend women in five syllables or less."
Test Subject
#29 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 4:18 PM
are you able to lip-synch using this mod?
Test Subject
#30 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 4:50 PM
intprop censorgridsize 0

i found this to turn off the censor, but i havent tested yet as im not at my comp atm, will test and comment asap
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:17 PM
Hi,

I'd vote for a "STOP ALL" selection as well since I managed to ruin a sim too (which is - of course - my fault) but since you said you can't do it, we should ask someone else to do it (if we know any).. Going thru that pie menu every time I lose the trail of thought IS a pain

Does anyone know anyone who could participate in this?

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 3:39 AM
This is great!!!!.....but there is one little problem(my computer's fault most likely).....I can't open the guide. my computer has tried to tell me what to do to fix this problem but I don't understand this language it uses(computernese).It's ok if you do nothing but it would be really great if you helped!!

signed by a ninjanerd
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 6:00 PM
I hate myself for not having Nightlife.. Seems like a great hack!!
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 3:12 PM
can you use this for lip synching becaus i dont have uni or OFB and getting them is not an option thanks to my crappy computer and its non-existent memory.will it still work and can u lypsynch?

omg im a baad speller lol
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 9:22 PM
How do you use the green scree? I loved your video btw =]
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 5:14 AM
Is this the hack that allows two sims to set in the tub togeather and talk?
Test Subject
#37 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 2:41 AM
I used the manual but this still isn't working for me, My sims doesn't do anything I tell it to with this action, could you tell me step by step on how to use this?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 4:21 PM
too cool
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 4:21 PM
too cool
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 11:35 PM
i have a problem with this hack ;_;
i downloaded it and i only got the picture with the chairs on t that works for sitting down. the other one for standing didnt show up any ideas on whats wrong?
Test Subject
#41 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 8:39 PM
can you make one that just requires the base game or freetime or apartment Iife pIease?
Alchemist
#42 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 3:44 PM
Thanks, you make me smile...

What's love? ♥My ChannelMy Art PageMy DA

There's never an ounce that I breathe
Without thinking about
Who I could have been if you didn't leave
Come Home ~ Eyes Set To Kill
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 1:15 AM
Love the hack, it works great, no bugs so far...but, I find it odd that you have every other walk style but decided to leave out the sexy walk. Is there a reason for that?
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 4:45 AM
Does it work without OFB? Cuz that is the one I don't have.

Powdered doughnuts make me go nuts!
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 1:10 AM
I like it! Thanks! This is great for videos! :D
#46 Old 5th May 2010 at 11:14 PM
NEAT I love sims
Forum Resident
#47 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 4:21 AM
Wonderful!

Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 4:46 PM
Please Please Please! Im Begging U Do It For University Or Seasons :'( I Dont Have Nightlife And I Need This So Much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 9:25 PM
wow... just wow! The answer to all my moviemaking problems definitley!
Forum Resident
#50 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 2:19 PM
If only you'd a version of this for Sims 3.. Won't you consider it?
Page 2 of 3