Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drivable Cars without NL (Game Add-on) *UPD 28nov2008*

by Numenor Posted 10th Nov 2008 at 1:57 AM - Updated 14th Dec 2009 at 9:25 AM by Numenor : Updated "Cars.package" archive

227 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 201 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Test Subject
#76 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 8:11 PM
Lol, well, I suppose.

But my Sims just messed up >.<. Saying I need to run a different version o.O.

I will try after I fix and give you some feedback. ^^.

:] Till then, toodles.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 1:00 AM
Default Update
DRIVABLE CARS WITHOUT NIGHTLIFE
Game Add-on by Numenor (and Maxis...)

28 NOV 2008 - Updated the "Stuff" archive
  • Fixed the Maxis recolours for both the Driveways/Extensions, and for the Garage Door
  • Included the light definition in the garage door (in some games, the light flowing through the door only hit the objects, but not the walls and floor)
  • Included the "fogged" texture needed for the windshields when woohooing.
Please redownload the "Stuff.rar" archive (the other two rar files were not modified).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#78 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 2:38 AM Last edited by KristyKissy : 29th Nov 2008 at 3:04 AM.
Haha. -_-;

Turns out I can't get the Sims Store thingy, I have to pay like 5$. (My Dad won't let me buy anything off the internet for awhile. . .><~)

Do you think it would mess up if I just did it with the Base Game?

Most likely eh?

----

Paha.
No, it will not work for Base Game users. ;[

It simply crashed my Sims when I went to run it.
Seems to load fine but it just crashes.

Maybe when I can convince my Dad into letting me buy it. Paha, might be awhile, but I will at least let you know. ^^
Test Subject
#79 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 11:30 AM Last edited by Arcane* : 29th Nov 2008 at 11:35 AM.
Woooooah!!! A game feature from a EP we don't have, that's simply AMAZING, in capital.

A pity, though: I do own NL. But this post really opened a new realm of possibility XD

Can I make a petition, please?

I played Uni once, but think it's not much fun, and deleted it to make room for downloads. There are 3 things I missed after deleting it: the cellphone, the pool table and the telephone to call Grim Reaper.

I know the whole reviving thing is complex, but I, among many Uni not-owner, is not zombie fan. Sometime I, among them, want to revive some certain Sims (like the Tricou family from NL). Can you make some reviving device that simply revive them, without the zombie, losing memory, losing relationship bits?

And there's everyone's best friend nowadays - the cellphone. I think this one is easier (is it?). Would you please consider it? So teenage sims (that not in Uni environment) can chat with their friends, while their parents are talking business on the phone at the same time? So sims living in big house don't have to walk 5 minutes to reach the phones? So sims with want to public woohoo as much as possible can call their next conquest to the community lot he's visiting, after the previous lover went home? Please, pretty please? I missed this feature the most out of all Uni things.

And if you can do the cellphone, I guess you will be able to do the pool table too? Coz it's fun.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 1:07 PM
Kristy - Didn't you trust me, whan I wrote in the main post that at least one EP is *required*? - And I didn't know that Store Edition costed 5$! I downloaded it for free some times ago; maybe things changed since then...

(After a couple minutes) WAIT! It's still free! During registrations, when you get to the screen where you are asked to purchase simoleons, just hit "SKIP STEP".

Arcane - Please read Dafoe's request in post #64 and my reply.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#81 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 1:42 PM
Aww! I see T_T
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 8:41 PM Last edited by KristyKissy : 29th Nov 2008 at 10:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Kristy - Didn't you trust me, whan I wrote in the main post that at least one EP is *required*? - And I didn't know that Store Edition costed 5$! I downloaded it for free some times ago; maybe things changed since then...

(After a couple minutes) WAIT! It's still free! During registrations, when you get to the screen where you are asked to purchase simoleons, just hit "SKIP STEP".

Lol, sorry~~.
I'll go try now then. :P

Ye,ye I do trust you. I just was wonderinggggg. Paha, I'll give you feed back here soon!

----

Turns out the Sims Store thing is read as an EP.
But it will not work with the cars. t-t.

It took my an hour to get everything going xD. Cause my computer is very slow today.

Well, I did everything and opened it up and it is all patched up with the buttons to all the EPs but of course their not selectable for me.

I looked and looked for the car, the car button is there but I can't click it.

And now it won't let me use/see custom content.

All the custom content in my sims' house is blinking blue and isn't even custom anymore. It went into one of the original maxis things.

Like my canopy for the bed turned into a picture -_-;.

So this doesn't work with the Store Pack.
Although it does give me a lot more options. So I can set my neighbors on, so it looks more real in my movies. xD

I'll keep the Store Pack, but I don't know what it will do after I take out the cars. =/

Right now I'm trying to remove the Drivable Car files, and I can't find them at all. It's like their not there. The only one I got to come up was the Mustang.

>W< Okay, sorry this is my third edit here.

Well, it goes back to normal when I take out the mustang. ^^.

---Millionth Edit--

WAIT!
IT WORKS!
Let me make sure they can drive and everything.
But Idk how I did it, I got it to work!!!

Okay, It may have been that car.
I tried to do.
But it works. ^^.

The drive-way looks a little messed up.
It's like images in some squares.

:DDD IT WORKS PEOPLE IT WORKS.

You don't need to go get a custom car XDDD.

You just need this Store Edition :}

I loved being your test subject :PPP.

Tehehehehe. ^^ Your welcome.
Test Subject
#83 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:03 PM
omg.. THANK YOU!!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 11:26 AM
KristyKiss - Thanks for perform the test Probably, while installing Store Ed., you got your custom content automatically deactivated, until you reactivated it manually.
Can you post a screenshot of the "messed up" driveway"? Or at least describe it better? Does it show a sort of white texture with black letters and red lines?

Test Subject
#85 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 3:43 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU R AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#86 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 7:22 PM
hey this is awesome thanks Numenor could you possibly make a mod where you can have instuments without uni?
Field Researcher
#87 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 2:52 AM
This looks like a great download. I don't have nightlie but I want it because my internet is slow.

I have noticed you can make spiral staircases for the base game but would you be able to make u-turn staircases.
Test Subject
#88 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 5:49 PM
First of all: Thanks! I don't own Nightlife and I've always really missed the car option. I've just tried it and there is just one thing I wanted to ask: the sound with the option Whoohoo is missing. Is this the same with nightlife, or is this something weird? Oh and something else: the carpool keeps showing up, even though my sim owned a car, is this normal? Should you just ignore the carpool or is there a way that it does no longer show up?

Thanks a lot!
#89 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 9:19 PM
Click on the car, and select the option about Set Owner. Cars are owned by a specific sim, not the family as a whole. The car pool only stops comming when the car is owned by the car-pooling sim.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#90 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 1:09 PM
Ok that's clear I didn't change it as there was only one sim living on the lot. Thank you
#91 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 5:21 PM
You`re welcome.

Test Subject
#92 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 5:39 PM
Do you think there's any chance you can link to some custom cars that don't need to be edited to work in the game? Cus I can't get SimPE to work on my computer - I dunno how it all works... so; please?

Great mod by the way! I've been waiting for this since I bought the game.

I love it with a passion unrivalled by nothing!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 5:41 PM
I've sent a PM to all the major car creators here at MTS2, suggesting to modify the cars themselves, and to state on the download thread something like "This car is compatible with Numenor's 'Drivable Cars w/o Nightlife' mod".
So far, I didn't see any update in the cars here at MTS2; maybe the cars creators aren't very inclined to modify their older creations...
However, if you read a message like the one above, then the car should be already modified.

#94 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 6:08 PM Last edited by GeneralOperationsDirector : 5th Dec 2008 at 6:42 PM.
"So far, I didn't see any update in the cars here at MTS2; maybe the cars creators aren't very inclined to modify their older creations..."

Perhaps not, Numenor, but I have seen a few new cars that were uploaded already compatible with your mod of the EA extension.

"I've sent a PM to all the major car creators here at MTS2, suggesting to modify the cars themselves, and to state on the download thread something like "This car is compatible with Numenor's 'Drivable Cars w/o Nightlife' mod"."

Have you posted in Short tutorial: how to create NightLife cars?

Test Subject
#95 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 6:51 PM
Awesome!
But if I do get Nightlife and have this installed, it work effect anything..right?
thanks!

Teh Cool Cheese
Test Subject
#96 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 11:52 PM
Do you have to use Sim Pe to install any custom cars you want? I'm confused.
Test Subject
#97 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 6:59 AM
Hmm... I have problem...
The buying options do appear in buy mode but the icon saids "no pic", therefore I can't buy any car at all... but my sims do want a car...
how do I fix this?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cool|Cheese
Awesome!
But if I do get Nightlife and have this installed, it work effect anything..right?
thanks!

If you already have Nightlife, this mod is completely useless; if you install it nevertheless, you might see some "custom content asterisks" in the catalog, applied to Maxis content.

Quote: Originally posted by XxKaratayaxX
Do you have to use Sim Pe to install any custom cars you want? I'm confused.

This mod only provides 5 Maxis cars; custom cars must be modified using SimPE, or the game won't recognize them. However, some custom cars have already been modified by the creator (look for a compatibility statement in the page where you downloaded the cars from).

Quote: Originally posted by maximusdyllan
Hmm... I have problem...
The buying options do appear in buy mode but the icon saids "no pic", therefore I can't buy any car at all... but my sims do want a car...
how do I fix this?

What game configuration do you have?

Test Subject
#99 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 9:30 PM
OMG! If only this was out like... 7 months ago! I would've downloaded this instead of getting NL!

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
Instructor
#100 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 4:49 PM
Does this work with hexameter's Horse Drawn Neighborhood Vehicles

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Page 4 of 10