Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1326 Old 10th May 2014 at 4:42 AM
I started playing Don't Starve a few days ago and now I'm addicted.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1327 Old 12th May 2014 at 5:07 PM
My friends gave me a guest pass to Chivalry Medieval Warfare, and oh man...I don't usually violent games, but I've been going nuts with this one.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Theorist
#1328 Old 14th May 2014 at 4:33 PM
I've been playing Torchlight II with the wife over LAN.
I hate it. She is so much better than me. I die like every 5 seconds, I really suck at it and I'm NOT having fun. One hit and I'm dead. She has pretty much been carrying me through the game.

Resident wet blanket.
#1329 Old 22nd May 2014 at 7:16 PM Last edited by Graveyard Snowflake : 27th Jul 2014 at 1:24 AM.
I absolutely love Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. I have the legendary version, and I have downloaded all three add-ons, but I never beat the game. I prefer to just wander all over the map and discover new places and stuff.
Mad Poster
#1330 Old 22nd May 2014 at 9:10 PM
My son loves Skyrim, too.

I've been playing The Movies again. It's addictive, although the addiction doesn't last as long as The Sims or Sims 2. I get frustrated with managing a studio after a decade or so.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Inventor
#1331 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:07 PM
I'm currently obsessed with Plants vs. Zombies - can't stop eating brains and/or destroying nasty zombies. I'd never had bought the game but... - Doh! - it's for free now and so I made the mistake to download it. Now I can't stop playing it and if I don't eat brains or destroy zombies I'm watering the plants in the zen garden of the game. What a waste of time! Sooner or later that game is driving me mad!

Instructor
#1332 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
GTA:SA, is the best game ever! It has this certain charm about it. I play it everyday on my laptop.

I have yet to have this amazing game on pc!
I'm jealous haha
I wish the sims were a little more like gtasa that would be the best of both worlds!!!

I've been playing la noir for the past few weeks like non stop! I had to take a break and play sims two for a few hours but
Really, rock star games are just awesome well for the most part

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Top Secret Researcher
#1333 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
I absolutely love Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. I have the legendary version, and I have downloaded all three add-ons, but I never beat the game. I prefer to just wander all over the map and discover new places and stuff.

This. I've had the game since it came out, we even went to midnight release for it. In all that time, I have not beat the game. I do too much 'sploring. Hands down one of my favorite games.
Field Researcher
#1334 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 1:16 PM
Got Watch_Dogs a few days ago...

Graphics are laughable, even by the old-gen standards from three years ago. No dynamic shadows, pre-rendered reflections, no moving weapon components, no texture filtering option, car smoke vanishes instantly as soon as the car's wheels stop moving, bodies disappear after a few seconds, cars disappear if you move more than a block away from them, and the list goes on. Don't even get me started on the optimization.

Good voice acting is wasted in this game, with a story that couldn't be more over-dramatic if James Cameron wrote it. Basically you play as a "hacker" (I guess that's what you call a person who presses buttons on a cellphone to blow stuff up nowadays) named Aiden Pearce, who is out to get revenge on the people who had his 6-year old niece killed. Well ok that's bullshit, the real plot actually involves Aiden searching for someone to blame for a car accident in which he freaked out and got his niece killed, at least that's how I'd explain his SUV somehow flipping over just cause someone shot one of his damn tires. It also rips-off every GTA plot ever by having you kill your main enemy somewhere near the end, while the actual ending has you killing a more recent enemy.

The gameplay basically revolves around killing, driving, spying on people, more killing, police chases, killing, and cyber-drugs which are actually more fun than they sound. Notice I mentioned killing several times yes? That's because as a "hacker" your main job is to point guns at people and pull the trigger until their head reminds you of the last episode of Game of Thrones. Aiden seems confused about this at some point in the game, when one of the objectives is to... well, kill everyone. And he's like "what have I done? :C" despite the fact that he's been doing the same damn thing ever since the game started. And not only that but in this particular case his nephew's life was at stake, usually he's just killing dudes to get to an EA computer and pirate the latest FIFA game or some shit. In fact Aiden seems morally confused in general. This game features a morality system, but the ways in which you gain or lose morality are questionable. You get bad morality points for robbing a gun shop, but you don't get any at all for hacking $1200 from the bank account of a cancer patient? "They'll die anyway, it's not like they'll need it." fuck you Aiden.

In other words, next-gen? HAH good one Ubisoft, really good one. Still, I've been playing it for over 20 hours. So I guess at the end of the day, Watch_Dogs is really a deja vu of Mafia II. Neither delivered even a quarter of what they promised, only difference being that Mafia II lacks in quantity, whereas Watch_Dogs lacks in quality. Yet they are both pretty fun still.

Even though the guns aren't animated, they look pretty damn good. And even though drive-by's, blind-fire and hip-fire are not possible, and the mouse aiming f***ing sucks, the guns still feel pretty damn good. And there's a lot of 'em, so many beautiful guns @_@

Cars are also nice. The handling could use some tuning, but overall it feels great (which is no surprise seeing as it was done by Reflections). And the cars are very detailed even though some of the designs aren't very inspired.There's also a cockpit view in this game, which is freaking awesome for a sandbox crime game.

And even though the story sucks, the story missions are pretty awesome.

All and all, Watch_Dogs isn't really a bad game. But it's not that game we saw at E3 2012, not even close. What's actually probably most fun about it are the mini-games. Nothing like going all Saints Row up in this b**** with a spider-tank or running over zombies in a Carmaggeddon-like universe.
Scholar
#1335 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 1:19 PM
Killing floor online :D
Test Subject
#1336 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 4:40 AM
Bayonetta 2.

The best part is that a Wii-U port for the first game comes with the second and then there's this:
Test Subject
#1337 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 9:31 PM
Dragon age series
Test Subject
#1338 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 11:43 PM
I recently marathoned the Metal Gear series, all the way from Metal Gear 1 to MGS4.
Now I'll just go fail to fall asleep for a few weeks due to all the thoughts running through my head...
Theorist
#1339 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 3:57 PM
Had fun playing Resident Evil 5 and 6 in co-op with the wife.
Then moved onto Hunted: The Demon's Forge, also played co-op. I love E'lara's dialogue and Seraphine's looks.
Took a break from co-op to play Walking Dead Game Season 2. I love Clementine, still can't believe she's voiced by my former classmate.
Went back to Skyrim for a bit, didn't have much to do though because I think I've done it all.
Tried Left4Dead co-op with the wife due to high ratings. Was disappointed. No story, not much of anything, just killing zombies. Couldn't get into it. Haven't had any urge to play it again. It also made the wife violently ill (she can't play FPS).

Ran out of PC games to play, so bought Enigmatis 2 for my tablet (hidden object mystery game). Pretty fun as far as casual games go.
Got GTA San Andreas too. Lags too much on my tablet and I keep destroying the car causing mission fail because it's hard to control on touchscreen, so didn't get far.
Wife is major into Farm Heroes. I tried it out. Got to level 30-something. Not really my kind of game so haven't played it much.
Got the original Enigmatis after that, been playing it on expert mode since I played 2 on normal mode.

Ran the tablet out of juice and been creating sims in TS3 again.

Resident wet blanket.
Alchemist
#1340 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 9:35 PM
Totally in love with Banished! Ah, the soothing, ah, the challenge. Smiley-faced me. Ha.
Scholar
#1341 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 11:03 PM
My dear baby Patapon. Just got on board with the third installment, and it's amazing.
Interestingly, it's also the only rated E game I've played that features a transgender character. Yay progression.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Test Subject
#1342 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 1:55 AM
WoW. That one's a long-term obsession though.

I've also started playing the Final Fantasy series from the beginning again. I didn't think it was possible to love these games more.
Scholar
#1343 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 2:13 AM
F.E.A.R Unfortunately, the most scary thing about the game is my aiming ability.
Test Subject
#1344 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 3:22 AM
Right now, I'm playing ESO a bit. Also catching up on my Dragon Age games before the new one comes out. Hoping to play Obduction but I think that's a bit down the road. And I'm planning on checking out Banished very shortly. I have a very bad habit of playing something for a while then putting it down for something new.
Lab Assistant
#1345 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:09 PM
Dangan Ronpa is a forever obsession, DMMD, OFF, and a couple of free ones.
I'm also watching let's plays of Silent Hill because I really want to get it.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Mad Poster
#1346 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 11:38 PM
Not obsessed, really, but I just got the Goat Simulator. It's hysterical! What a weird, wacky game!

I think I'm still obsessed with Age of Empires II - I've been playing a nomad scenario lately.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#1347 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 10:22 PM
SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow. :lovestruc

So much more fun than just SC13 basegame, I love the new features, and the megatowers are a mini-game in themselves. I just wish I had someone to play with, but that's what you get for discovering a game "too late". :P

I also enjoy how EA themed their SimCity and Sims 3 releases for late 13, making them coherent. Into the Future is, IMO, one of the more enjoyable Sims 3 EPs. I just love all the possibilities the bots brought to the game.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1348 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:34 AM
Divinity: Original Sin. Oldschool RPG with turn-based combat.
Inventor
#1349 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 9:24 PM
Guild Wars 2

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Instructor
#1350 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 9:41 PM
The Walking Dead Game, just finished Season 1 ;__________________;

Page 54 of 63