Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Beverages

by Arsil Posted 8th Jul 2016 at 4:35 PM - Updated 25th Apr 2017 at 2:27 PM by Arsil

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Yeah, I noticed that. One of my Sims also got really, really fat after drinking a couple of glasses. Arsil should reduce the amount of hunger motive they fulfill.

I wonder why no one else is reporting. I'm not a modder so I had no idea what could be a problem. I've tested with all my mods including CC loader and in vanilla game and no results
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 6:20 PM
CCLoader has nothing to do with this mod.
Note that not all beverages are xml tuned to give moodlets (e.g. the generic juice).

These beverages count as food, so they will give the Stuffed moodlet if the hunger motive is full and Sims
won't drink again until that moodlet expires (unlike the interaction to eat at the bistro RH that lacks that check).

The amount of hunger motive filled is the same of the juice snack recipe: 8.14 for each sip, as defined in the
EatHeldFood xml in GameplayData, But there was indeed a problem with the ITUN of the interaction for drinking
a beverage in the inventory: it increased the hunger motive in addition to the amount already increased by the code itself.
That might explain the extra hunger filling and the fatness. It is fixed now.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 8:09 PM
After installing Awesome Mod the moodlets is working now
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 9:39 PM Last edited by Arsil : 13th Jul 2016 at 8:09 AM.
Gee, you are right, without AM custom buffs don't work (not for this and apparently not for my other mods that use them).
I'm at a loss.

Anyway, nice catch and thanks for the report.
Scholar
#30 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 10:48 PM
Arsil, can you have a look at these pictures I've attached to see what is causing the missing thumbnails, the missing Seasons drinks (I have Seasons installed) and the drink missing in the red cup? I also can't delete it in Buy/Build mode - it can't be picked up.
I have BuffSumm's milk glass installed and I put your mod for it in iverrides as you suggested. That one is working okay, but the thumbnail is missing. Your other clones are not in Overrides as you said they don't need to be as they're clones - should I move them to Overrides?
Thank you
Screenshots
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 3:36 AM
Thank you so much! I really really love your mod!!! It is very useful!! Thank you!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 7:53 AM Last edited by Arsil : 13th Jul 2016 at 10:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Arsil, can you have a look at these pictures I've attached to see what is causing the missing thumbnails, the missing Seasons drinks (I have Seasons installed) and the drink missing in the red cup? I also can't delete it in Buy/Build mode - it can't be picked up.

It seems you have multiple versions (old and new) of the cups.
The red cup is from Seasons and yet you also have 2 other cups with the Seasons' icon in the thumbnail
(the new version of them doesn't have it to allow to use them with the Generic Food Maker mod).

Delete all the cups related to the mod and re-download them.

That said, I can't exclude I made a few mistakes on some of them,
but now I'm too sick of modding to check it out.

I didn't enable deletion and picking up when in Buy/Build mode, I didn't think that was necessary.
If you have cheats enabled, you can still delete them by CTRL+SHIFT clicking on them.

Quote:
I have BuffSumm's milk glass installed and I put your mod for it in iverrides as you suggested. That one is working okay, but the thumbnail is missing. Your other clones are not in Overrides as you said they don't need to be as they're clones - should I move them to Overrides?

Nah, that won't make any difference.
Scholar
#33 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 7:30 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 13th Jul 2016 at 8:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
It seems you have multiple versions (old and new) of the cups.
The red cup is from Seasons and yet you also have 2 other cups with the Seasons' icon in the thumbnail
(the new version of them doesn't have it to allow to use them with the Generic Food Maker mod).

Delete all the cups related to the mod and re-download them.

That said, I can't exclude I made a few mistakes on some of them,
but now I'm too sick of modding to check it out.

I didn't enable deletion and picking up when in Buy/Build mode, I didn't think that was necessary.
If you have cheats enabled, you can still delete them by CTRL+SHIFT clicking on them.

Nah, that won't make any difference.

Okay, things look better now! I deleted all the old cups/mod, cleared all caches and reinstalled everything (all updated mods/examples)
There is still a missing thumbnail for the milkbottle, and the the 'old' red cup 'Do Not Translate' 'bug' is still there but the old seasons cups are gone and the others work. There are no other moodlets besides the 'Get Stuffed' ones, I don't use Awesome mod so I guess I won't see any custom moodlets that come with it. Is there any other way of getting them besides installing Awesome Mod?

Edit: I forgot to add, the milk bottle can't be picked from Buy mode. I have the 'Milking It Dairy Corral' Store Item installed.
Screenshots
Inventor
#34 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 8:41 PM
Okay, things look better now! I deleted all the old cups/mod, cleared all caches and reinstalled everything (all updated mods/examples)
There is still a missing thumbnail for the milkbottle, and the the 'old' red cup 'Do Not Translate' 'bug' is still there but the old seasons cups are gone and the others work. There are no other moodlets besides the 'Get Stuffed' ones, I don't use Awesome mod so I guess I won't see any custom moodlets that come with it. Is there any other way of getting them besides installing Awesome Mod?

Edit: I forgot to add, the milk bottle can't be picked from Buy mode. I have the 'Milking It Dairy Corral' Store Item installed.

If you want to make any object "pickable", just open said object with S3PE, go to the OBJD resource, click on the Grid button, go to Movement Flags, and set to FALSE the options HandtoolCannot(Delete, Move, Duplicate, etc).

If you don't have awesome mod but you still want the drinks to give moodlets, you can always use official moodlets (defined in the Buffs.xml inside Gameplay.package). For example, you can add the moodlet "SugarRush" to all juices. Just open the main mod file and go to the XMLs of the drinks you want to modify. Export the files, edit them with a text editor (add "SugarRush" after kBuff value) and replace the files inside the mod with the ones you've edited.
Scholar
#35 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 9:18 PM
If you want to make any object "pickable", just open said object with S3PE, go to the OBJD resource, click on the Grid button, go to Movement Flags, and set to FALSE the options HandtoolCannot(Delete, Move, Duplicate, etc).

If you don't have awesome mod but you still want the drinks to give moodlets, you can always use official moodlets (defined in the Buffs.xml inside Gameplay.package). For example, you can add the moodlet "SugarRush" to all juices. Just open the main mod file and go to the XMLs of the drinks you want to modify. Export the files, edit them with a text editor (add "SugarRush" after kBuff value) and replace the files inside the mod with the ones you've edited.

Thanks! That seems easy enough, I can do that
Oh, I just saw your TS4 beverages mod, I'll try it out. Thank you
Scholar
#36 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 10:50 PM

Thanks! That seems easy enough, I can do that
Oh, I just saw your TS4 beverages mod, I'll try it out. Thank you

lol, Naus Allien, sorry, I just wanted to make sure how to do this; do I add the buff to this line:
'<kBuff value="ArsilCustomBeverages_TeaBuff_Name" /> <!-- string, BuffName, e.g. "Buzzed" for coffee -->'
(in between the '/> <!--')?
Inventor
#37 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 12:08 AM
lol, Naus Allien, sorry, I just wanted to make sure how to do this; do I add the buff to this line:
'<kBuff value="ArsilCustomBeverages_TeaBuff_Name" /> <!-- string, BuffName, e.g. "Buzzed" for coffee -->'
(in between the '/> <!--')?

That drink also has a custom buff (the tea one), the "SugarRush" buff woudn't make sense. If you have University Life you could use "HerbBumbleleaf" (it might work even if you don't have that EP). That's one of the moodlets that herb teas give. That one in particular helps Sims lose weight faster.
Remember to ONLY change the part in bold (just in case):

Suggested buffs for each drink:
Juices: "SugarRush" OR "LemonadeStand_RefreshingDrink" if you have the TS3Store Lemonade Stand.
Cold Beverage: "LemonadeStand_RefreshingDrink" (Can't Think of any other, maybe "GettingChilly" if you have Seasons but that could be a little bit too much)
Hot Beverage: "Warmed" or "FlameOn"
Milk: "CowStore_MilkShakes" if you have the TS3Store Cow Thing.
Alcoholic Beverages: They will eventually give you the Juiced Up moodlet, but if you want an immediate effect you can assign the "GoingWild" moodlet (Late Night required).
Scholar
#38 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:09 AM Last edited by desiree101 : 14th Jul 2016 at 1:32 AM.
That drink also has a custom buff (the tea one), the "SugarRush" buff woudn't make sense. If you have University Life you could use "HerbBumbleleaf" (it might work even if you don't have that EP). That's one of the moodlets that herb teas give. That one in particular helps Sims lose weight faster.
Remember to ONLY change the part in bold (just in case):

Suggested buffs for each drink:
Juices: "SugarRush" OR "LemonadeStand_RefreshingDrink" if you have the TS3Store Lemonade Stand.
Cold Beverage: "LemonadeStand_RefreshingDrink" (Can't Think of any other, maybe "GettingChilly" if you have Seasons but that could be a little bit too much)
Hot Beverage: "Warmed" or "FlameOn"
Milk: "CowStore_MilkShakes" if you have the TS3Store Cow Thing.
Alcoholic Beverages: They will eventually give you the Juiced Up moodlet, but if you want an immediate effect you can assign the "GoingWild" moodlet (Late Night required).

Thanks, I'll try these out
Now, I'm tryng to get the hang of the 'Generic Food Maker' Build Mode part. I see in the settings you can also add some recipes to the objects, so along with your TS4 drinks in 'Add Beverages' I want to add the Virgin Coconut Water and other drinks (see picture) but in live mod, the lemonde jar is unclickable after adding them. It worked with just your beverages. What am I doing wrong? Or can it be done?

Edit: sorry I just realised I put this post in the wrong thread lol, anyway the same thing is also happening in both the Generic Food Maker and Custom Beverage mod in that it works adding the custom food and drinks under beverages and morsels, but not when adding 'Recipes'. And what does the other settings do such as 'Set Objects' etc? There doesn't seem to be much documentation on the settings, and they're not that self-explanatory, unless I'm really thick lol
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 7:39 AM Last edited by Arsil : 14th Jul 2016 at 7:49 AM.
Desiree101, thanks for your reports and for your patience ^^

There is still a missing thumbnail for the milkbottle [CUT]Edit: I forgot to add, the milk bottle can't be picked from Buy mode. I have the 'Milking It Dairy Corral' Store Item installed.

I've re-uploaded it (in the first comment). Now it works.

Quote:
the the 'old' red cup 'Do Not Translate' 'bug' is still there

I don't know about that.
It shows the right name and description for me ("Cold Beverage" and "This is a cold beverage" respectively).
Is your game patched to 1.67?

Quote:
there are no other moodlets besides the 'Get Stuffed' ones, I don't use Awesome mod so I guess I won't see any custom moodlets that come with it. Is there any other way of getting them besides installing Awesome Mod?

Feel free to follow Naus Allien's suggestion (official buffs can be more interesting than mine,
which are very plain), but in the last version of the mod that was fixed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 6:20 AM
thank you great mod
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 12:09 AM
I don't know if the reason really is this Mod, but in my game the String a juice cup is taking over. It's the description of my save game. The Stray Cat is not named " Stray Cat" but "Stray Cat a juice cup." The first name suggested for a new Sims is: a juice cup. Help... Is the juice cup slowly going to take over my game and kill my Sims?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 8:00 PM
nice
Instructor
#43 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 12:52 PM
Cool mod Can these drinks be sold with Ani's Savvier Seller or EA's Savvy Seller set?

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 8:00 AM
Default a juice cup a juice cup
Quote: Originally posted by Merinleona
I don't know if the reason really is this Mod, but in my game the String a juice cup is taking over. It's the description of my save game. The Stray Cat is not named " Stray Cat" but "Stray Cat a juice cup." The first name suggested for a new Sims is: a juice cup. Help... Is the juice cup slowly going to take over my game and kill my Sims?

I have the same issue. I was wondering the same thing.
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Arsil : 21st Mar 2017 at 4:55 PM.
Yes, it is this mod's fault (one of the optional packages). I apologise for the inconveniences.

I don't remember the details, but probably this is what happens when you
change one of those STBL strings that say "DON'T CHANGE ME".

Removing Arsil_CustomBeverages_Juices_ReqLemonadeStandStoreItem.package.zip
should fix most of the issues (probably the wacky description of the savefiles will stay).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:36 PM
Thank you!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#47 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 10:24 AM
Arsil_CustomBeverages_Tea_ReqUL.package also created similar problems, but I fixed
both that and Arsil_CustomBeverages_Juices_ReqLemonadeStandStoreItem.package
and re-uploaded them in the first comment.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 6:55 PM
Is there a way to change the names of the Hot and Cold Beverages?
Inventor
Original Poster
#49 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Is there a way to change the names of the Hot and Cold Beverages?

- Open the package with S3PE;
- Create a new STBL resource (just the one for your language);
- Use Tools+FNV Hash to create a new FNV64 hash using a unique key, something like AsaButler_HotCup_newname;
- Use Grid on the OBJD resource, open the CommoBlock (it's near the top) and assign the hash to the NameGUID field;
- Right click on the STBL and select Edit STBL (last voice on the bottom), add a new entry using the hash as key and specify on the big textarea on the right the new name you want to use.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 4:24 AM
Thanks
Page 2 of 3