Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Pile of Books by FTuga197

by FTuga197 Posted 31st Aug 2019 at 4:01 PM

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 4:19 PM
Thank you! This is really great. If m sim's living space is very narrow, this pile of books - replacing a shelf - will be fantastic!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 4:42 PM
A really good idea
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 6:03 PM
oo thanx! i hate bookshelves, they are so big and block my view
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 6:50 PM
This is an useful Mod. Good job.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 8:15 PM
Thank you so much for this! This will work great in my smaller homes.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 8:46 PM
Well thought out, thanks for sharing
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 10:06 PM
This is so freaking genius and perfect, I'm surprised nobody has thought of it before! Great job!
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 10:17 PM
I can't add it to my game. WinRAR keeps giving me an error message "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" is message I get when I try to add it to my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 4:27 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to try it out!
Smeg Head
#11 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 11:00 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 1st Sep 2019 at 11:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
This is so freaking genius and perfect, I'm surprised nobody has thought of it before! Great job!

It has ben done before on this site, all the clutter books - http://modthesims.info/d/543783/readable-books.html

Though the plasticbox versions are severely out of date. Still, a quick accreditation would have been a nice nod in the right direction. Rather than rush to stipulate "don't claim as your own." Perhaps plasticbox would feel the same way about that now.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
#12 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
It has ben done before on this site, all the clutter books - http://modthesims.info/d/543783/readable-books.html

Though the plasticbox versions are severely out of date. Still, a quick accreditation would have been a nice nod in the right direction. Rather than rush to stipulate "don't claim as your own." Perhaps plasticbox would feel the same way about that now.

...Oh. I had no idea. (And if I did, I definitely forgot.)

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1

I had no idea this was made before. My apologies to plasticbox.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 6:41 PM
well, I always missed plasticboxes books since they were outdated ...
soooo ... thanks
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FTuga197
I had no idea this was made before. My apologies to plasticbox.

Neither did I. (You did it differently than him, though, to be fair...you edited that one bookshelf, he added bookshelf functionality to clutter books.)

Anyhoo, maybe you could do a compromise where you give plasticbox credit somehow in your Description?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
Neither did I. (You did it differently than him, though, to be fair...you edited that one bookshelf, he added bookshelf functionality to clutter books.)

Anyhoo, maybe you could do a compromise where you give plasticbox credit somehow in your Description?

I don't see why I would do that. I would If I had copied him or taken any ideas from him, buy I tought of it all by myself. But he should be proud, though.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FTuga197
I don't see why I would do that. I would If I had copied him or taken any ideas from him, buy I tought of it all by myself. But he should be proud, though.

Ah, okay.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 8:48 PM
Thank you so much! A long time ago PlasticBox did this and then it stopped working. I have missed having this for so long. It is perfect for bedrooms and cramped apartments.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 3:08 AM
So.. first of all, thanks. I'tried this mod out and i must tell, there is a little bit problem with it. My sim puts all the books down on the floor, not into the bookshelf.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 3:25 AM
I've wanted this for SO long! Thank you so so much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 1:46 PM
I've been looking for this forever!! thank you!
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rasia Silver
I can't add it to my game. WinRAR keeps giving me an error message "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" is message I get when I try to add it to my game.

i have the same problem with rar files. so frustrating.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaligi
So.. first of all, thanks. I'tried this mod out and i must tell, there is a little bit problem with it. My sim puts all the books down on the floor, not into the bookshelf.

Hm... Is this happening with anyone else?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 6:26 PM
By any chance do you have this in a .package file? Thanks! I've been trying to figure out how to do this myself, but i'm not very advanced in this type of thing.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kristyp4
Quote: Originally posted by Rasia Silver
i have the same problem with rar files. so frustrating.

You could both try 7-Zip.

Page 1 of 2