Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Johnny Rockets Diner

by Yargo179 Posted 21st Dec 2006 at 10:08 PM - Updated 9th Mar 2008 at 4:47 AM by Yargo179

72 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
#26 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 7:38 AM
i dunno if its just me but when i go to that lot things arre flashing blue have i missed some downloads i need?
Instructor
#27 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 8:03 AM
That looks exactly like a Johnny Rockets. I am speechless, that's one of my favorite places to eat when I'm in my favorite mall. The only thing is afterwords it's impossible to try on jeans. . Love it love it love it. I hardly ever download a community lot, especially one with a bunch of CC, but I think I have to this time. Great job!
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 8:35 AM
Absolutely Fantastic Work! It made me shiver! This lot looks FUN! Thank You for sharing!

()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Mad Poster
#29 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 9:09 AM
Looks fabulous!!!! Thank you for sharing it with us.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 11:03 AM
OMG!!! i totally love Jonny Rockets in fact in was eating there yesterday lol xD this is so well done great job!! :D

Want free quality downloads? then visit my site!!
www.toxiccharm.net
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 1:09 PM
WOW, this obviously took sooo much work! And so identical to the real diner. Great work thanks so much for sharing! Totally a feature worthy item!!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 1:26 PM
Wow! Talk about attention to detail! Now I need a hamburger!!

Bix AKA Champion le Bleu Cardinalis born Nov 18th 2006. Home from Poland Jan 14 2007 with brother Jack!!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 1:54 PM
THIS IS GREAT!!!

It's beautiful!
Instructor
#34 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 3:11 PM
Wow very realistic, you deserve the feature! Johnny Rockets is one of my favorite places to eat at! Thanks, Yargo!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 4:22 PM
As great looking as it is, most of the custom content is not included.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Alchemist
#36 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 4:59 PM
Wonderful Yargo, you did an "opera", lot of details and a brillant presentation (with b/w pics and the precise list of policy and CC). I'm impressed as the many other members above. Congrats for being featured, it's the right prize for this creation. Thanks and Merry Xmas.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 5:17 PM Last edited by raynuss : 24th Dec 2006 at 6:11 PM.
Something's wrong here. I have a lot of things flashing blue and a lot of missing textures. Am I supposed to download anything else other than the attached file? I understood from the original post that everything was included in the .rar file

It appears that none of your custom walls or floors are showing up in the game. Also, I checked tha post that intoduced the "Grand Trianon" Collection and there is a note that says you have to have the floor mirror to prevent blue flashing objects. Since that mirror isn't part of your CC, that accounts for the blue objects. And lastly, none of the poster recolors are showing up either.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 6:11 PM Last edited by Yargo179 : 24th Dec 2006 at 6:30 PM.
To raynuss and any other who is having similar problems, everything is included in the original .rar file including ALL custom content listed. If you click on the eyeglass sprite next to the file you'll get a better picture of what you're getting. By doing so you'll notice how all CC that I've listed is also listed here.

Make sure you have the right EP and SP installed especially Nightlife and Pets. Other than that I don't see why you should be having such problems. Others have downloaded the lot reporting that it works just well.

UPDATE: Raynuss, when I packaged the file using Clean Installer all 21 custom walls and 1 custom floor made by me were included. The poster recolors did not show up but I assumed they were included. I hinted at this above when I included the links to them.

About the flashing blue objects, what exactly are they? I don't understand why you linked them to the "Grand Trianon" post.

If more people report having these same problems I will upload an adjacent file containing all Johnny Rockets CC walls and floor made by me.

Herald Between Two Lands
Field Researcher
#39 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 6:18 PM
I have all expansions. I checked as you suggessted by clicking on the eyeglass. Only 3 walls are shown as part of the download. If you made 21 walls, where are the other 18 walls? Also, I don't understand how the Grand Trianon columns are not flashing blue unless those "others" already have the floor mirror which is required to prevent the blue objects and is not part of your download. ( you might want to check my edited post above)
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 6:21 PM
omg! this is amazing! its funny though, i was at the mall last night and ate at the Johnny Rockets there!
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 6:22 PM Last edited by zigersimmer : 24th Dec 2006 at 6:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Yargo179
To raynuss and any other who is having similar problems, everything is included in the original .rar file including ALL custom content listed. Make sure you have the right EP and SP installed especially Nightlife and Pets. If you click on the eyeglass sprite next to the file you'll get a better picture of what you're getting. Other than that I don't see why you should be having such problems. Others have downloaded the lot reporting that it works just well.

Sorry, Yargo, but that simply is not true. I have all the expansions and all of the fun stuff packs. The only custom content on your list that appears in the lot are the custom items that were downloaded when I got Martine's realistic diner lot.

I was incorrect in my previous post. It is not that most of the custom content you used is not included in your download, but rather that NONE of the custom content is included in your download (with the exception of the Johnny Rockets floor tile, which is there).

Have you tried repackaging your lot?

As for the reports of others, it seems that those others are commenting on the lot based on your presentation here, and not on having actually downloaded, unpacked, placed in a neighborhood, and then entered the lot in-game.

It's still a nice lot. Just a little bare.

Edit: Let me take back some of that. There are items included (checked it with Clean Installer), it's just that they are the same items I already had. But it looks like a lot of items did not make it into the final upload. Especially the custom walls and many of the decorative items.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Yargo179 : 24th Dec 2006 at 9:56 PM.
Alright, I will reupload the lot. Thanks for bringing these issues to my attention. Stay tune.

EDIT: I've updated the file to correct all known issues. Please read the Update section above closely. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Herald Between Two Lands
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 9:01 PM Last edited by MsRomulus : 24th Dec 2006 at 9:06 PM. Reason: forgot to make mention of something
Default Have not downloaded as of yet
Your little project was very well done! I can see that there was a lot of heart put into this wonderful relic of a diner. Thank you so much for sharing such a great idea and creativeness. Thank you

As aside I've not download the lot as of yet....

"Got problems?! Well, think of all the people whose situations are worser than yours and by comparison your problems won't seem so bad" by annette
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 11:14 PM
Just got the updated files and I want to say it's great! Looks like everything is there this time, except the poster recolors like you said.

Excellent job with this lot. I really like smaller lots because they are easier to play and kinder on my machine.

Congrats on the Featured Lot. You deserve it!

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 12:54 AM
Wow cool place good job!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 2:12 AM
Whoa..your Diner is phenominal!Thanks so much!

k a t i e r o b

Like the SoCal surf scene?If so...your deff gonna want to check out my sims.

For some links to some sweet surf/skate sims2 downloads...checkout my journal [which will be up soon hopefully]

Please DO NOT upload my sims to the exchange.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 7:06 AM
This is really a great piece of work! I was just wondering... I don't have the Family Fun Stuff pack, but have all the rest... what would be missing if I downloaded without this pack?

Thank you, I would love to have this for my community and wouldn't mind missing a few things.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 7:15 AM
Bryan19kc, I believe I didn't use any items from the Family Fun Pack so it should be safe to download. You wont be missing anything as long as you download the updated file with the wall file. The only thing you might have to search for yourself, if you wish, are the poster recolors whose links I've provided above.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

Herald Between Two Lands
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 7:19 AM
Thank you Yargo. I very much appreciate your speedy response! :-) I look forward to having my sims visit your diner. It's absolutely excellent!
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 4:04 PM
just amazing! thank u

friends, music and sims - all I need :-)
Page 2 of 3