Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#12002 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 7:00 AM
Alien pregnancy.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#12004 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 3:41 PM
technically, this isn't IN my sims game that I discovered.
But I discovered today that I have too many mods.
Field Researcher
#12005 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 12:42 AM
Today I learned that putting a Mysterious Mr. Gnome in a World Adventures treasure chest will not stop it from aging (which Generations added).

Oops.
Lab Assistant
#12006 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 11:19 AM
Learned this a few years back.

Started wondering why I couldn't find any of the teen females after they aged to young adult, checking their parents I found they were still listed in the family tree, but their picture was missing from it.

Overwatch had decided they were corrupt as they aged up, so it deleted their model from the game.

Turns out the culprit was CMAR's adult nude pregnancy mod, or more correctly the huge ****in' number of copies buried in CC and custom sim files.

The game has a WTF moment as it tries to decide which copy to use, picks one then carries on as normal, Overwatch however sees that WTF moment and has a hissy fit, decides the sim is corrupt and deletes them from the game.

Oh and don't bother trying to recover the sim, all you get back is a generic zero dial pudding, that is still a teen, so Overwatch will make it vanish again in a few minutes.
Alchemist
#12007 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
"This cake is a lie and then you die" that's so sarcastic xD dark humour from the sims 1.
Last time I played I see one of my fairy autonomously sit down cross legs on the floor with no computer in a park of my custom Lucky Palms. A thing I never can do at all with an active sim.

It's actually a reference to Portal. .

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#12008 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 2:40 AM
I had no idea fairies could cheat at the claw machine A new way to make a living?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#12009 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 2:40 AM
In Isla Paradiso there's a special painting you can find called "The Evolution of the Plumbob". If you hang it on the wall and your sim views it, they get a special positive moodlet also called "Evolution of the Plumbob".

Nothing earth-shattering, but after all these years of playing, it's nice to see there are still a few surprises left.
Scholar
#12010 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 6:21 PM
Whilst playing last night I switched to a household that has a sim in the medical career. She is at level 2, and I had no idea till now that a 'bed pan cleaner' was expected to be on call 24/7. It was Sunday and she had spent the morning making acquaintances and chatting in the park, and then I sent her to the Little Corsican Bistro for something to eat. Whilst she was in there a notification came up, saying something about somebody suddenly being taken sick. I'd never seen that before, and at first I thought it was my sim, because the thumbnail portrait looked similar. There was nothing I could do but wait till my sim emerged from the bistro. No sooner had I done so when another notification, this time in red, informed me that I'd failed to help said sim (forgotten her name) and that the medical profession would not be pleased. Oh dear! And there she was, that very sim, standing outside the Bistro in earnest conversation with Dorothy DeMayo. She didn't seem to be at death's door. In any case, what did she expect me to do? I don't make a habit of carrying bed pans around with me. Not when I visit the better class restaurants at any rate.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#12011 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 3:32 AM
Today I discovered there is an eyelash slider under eyebrows... I really didn't know this all this time XDDDDDD. I think I installed s-club sliders so early on I never realized the default eyelash slider.
Forum Resident
#12012 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodstained_black_lace
Its The Sims 2.

oki doki thank you for the correction
Lab Assistant
#12013 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 7:31 AM
I learned that switching your sim to a genie in CAS changes every single outfit and leaves the undo button greyed out even when you switch back to a human. The accessories stay, but all the unsaved customized clothing and shoes didn't.

I usually remember to save before doing things like this, but I remembered it being fine with witches and vampires. I know it's pretty unlikely, but I hope it saves someone else from my mistake. I would've been so pissed if I wasn't on an SSD.
Instructor
#12014 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 5:36 PM
Not today, but witch was practicing magic and plumbobbs have appeared.
Lab Assistant
#12015 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 7:22 AM
I'm new to TS3 and starting with the base game. This caught my eye during the loading screen. Game came out in 2009 and was tossing around the phrase "Social Distance" like it was 2020.
Screenshots

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Field Researcher
#12016 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraBow
I'm new to TS3 and starting with the base game. This caught my eye during the loading screen. Game came out in 2009 and was tossing around the phrase "Social Distance" like it was 2020.

This proves my theory that TS3 developers are time travelers, hence why we get so many time traveling aspects in the game
Inventor
#12017 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 2:18 PM
I found out that Maxis has some pretty archaic ideas about marriage& children.
I had a minor celebrity Sim being "accused" of having a child out of wedlock, giving her a 3 day negative moodlet. Another single female Sim that had a baby immediately rolled a wish to get married.
Really Maxis? It's not 1950 anymore.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#12018 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 5:35 PM
This might not be "playing" by itself but I found out that the off-lot lighting are actually textures painted over the road and neighborhood terrain.

Edited the .dds texture for this terrain chunk in Sunset Valley. This is the area approaching Pinochle Point.

Test Subject
#12019 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
I found out that Maxis has some pretty archaic ideas about marriage& children.
I had a minor celebrity Sim being "accused" of having a child out of wedlock, giving her a 3 day negative moodlet. Another single female Sim that had a baby immediately rolled a wish to get married.
Really Maxis? It's not 1950 anymore.

Isn't the time period of Sims3 earlier than Sims2? So it kinda is older....

But NRaaS mods can remove those public disgraces.
Inventor
#12020 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
There's nothing wrong with a single mother wanting to marry a man in order to be happy. If she finds a loving man, who at the same time turns out to be a good and supportive stepfather for her child, then why not?

She is in a relationship with the father, they're just not married. But a woman's worth as a mother should not not be measured if she's married or not.

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Mad Poster
#12021 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 9:49 PM
The game's sensibilities, if you can call them that, are set in the idyllic world of 1950-early 60s television shows. It wasn't really like that even back then. In fact, some of us who are old enough can either attest to that or say that we wouldn't have even been born if that's the way things really were (I fall into the latter category there myself, as it so happens).

EA didn't mean to be insulting, but the parts of time and resource management that relate to things we find absurd today like being shocked and gossipy over unmarried parents or certain public displays of affection are all wildly exaggerated and part of the charm of the game. Of course some players still don't like that, but fortunately there are mods that can help soften those elements or take them away.

Or you might say that there is some evidence that in her post-TS2 years, Mrs. Crumplebottom spent some time as a game developer.
Inventor
#12022 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 5:12 PM
Meh you guys are probably right.
If I came across a bit crass I apologize, it just pised me off.
Seen too many single moms IRL with poor self esteem becuase they've been looked down up on in the past. Guess it just triggered something in me.

Forum Resident
#12023 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paul_dion011089
This might not be "playing" by itself but I found out that the off-lot lighting are actually textures painted over the road and neighborhood terrain.

Edited the .dds texture for this terrain chunk in Sunset Valley. This is the area approaching Pinochle Point.

That's so creepy I don't know
Scholar
#12024 Old 12th May 2021 at 3:21 PM
Today I learned that you must make sure your sim is in a safe location, outside, before telling your sim to set off firework rockets, because the little idiots will light your house on fire.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Instructor
#12025 Old 13th May 2021 at 5:28 AM
I am somehow not the least bit surprised.
Page 481 of 490