Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

F.R.I.E.N.D.S Project: The Apartments

by crybaby_sims Posted 26th Jul 2009 at 9:22 PM - Updated 9th Apr 2012 at 6:13 PM by xteenah

120 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:58 PM
Wow! This is really cool!
Inventor
#27 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:00 AM
Oh, this is so nice. Definately gonna download this when I get my Friends-simmies done!
The likeness is good, and that due to the lack of objects now that there's no custom meshes out there.
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:02 AM
You did an awesome job on this. Enough to where I felt like just clicking the thanks button wasn't enough. Danke!
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:04 AM
That's amazing! I was planning on attempting this myself but I won't bother now :-) would be embarrassing next to this. Now my friends sims have places to go once they grow up (I'm playing them as teenagers atm - fat monica is awesome :-P)
Forum Resident
#30 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:07 AM
A job well done, but I do want to give some positive critique.

Ross his kitchen seems to be missing, I believe it would be at the right side of the set.

The outside look might also need some changes. Rachel and Monica should be able to look into Ross his apartment from their window.

I would suggest two buildings with a street in the middle which would be used to park the cars, and give it more of a city feel as well. The first floors of both buildings could be little more than a lobby, some stairs and maybe a toilet and the apartments could be on the second floor. Phoebe's appartment could stay next to Ross.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:24 AM
I'm very impressed by this. Nice work. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:25 AM
wow this is very amazing very impressive they look just alike!!!

hello (:
I Fang Bang baby
House of Stark
GoldfishSparxXx aka SarahSparxXx aka SimmySparxXx aka SparxXx aka Soursparks
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:31 AM
Wow. That is amazing. It must have taken you forever! I miss Friends. Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:53 AM
Wow!, this is mind blowing! They really do look like the characters apartments! A very good job indeed. I am sooo downloading this lol. All we need now is someone to make the characters! (and the coffee shop of course!).
I really cant thankyou enough for this, my daughter will be thrilled when i tell her, Thankyou, thankyou..............

I like work, it fascinates me.
I could sit & watch it all day!

Simmodders UK
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:30 AM
that is amazing!!!! i love it!!!!

"It's no use analyzing your life the whole time. Those analyses won't help you when you're dead."-- Mike Dirnt
Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:42 AM
Default Congratulations!
Congratulations! This is just amazing! I was thinking about emulate Monica and Rachel's apartment myself, but I can't do a better job than this.

I made a "hand-shaped" house, taking Joey's idea of the 5th season's episode "The one in Vegas", where he finds his "Hand Twin", and it looks weird all the way. Congratulations!

What's next? Central Perk?
Test Subject
#37 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:54 AM
Wow. It looks great!
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:40 AM
Wow!!!!! Indeed, just wow. I felt like I was slipping back in time. Remarkable Job!!
I miss my Freiends so much.
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:04 AM
Wow. Thank you so much. This must've taken you forever to do. It shows. Very nice.
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:09 AM
The window and curtains are different for me in Monica's apartment. Strange.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:09 AM
This looks great. Thanks for uploading it.
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:29 AM Last edited by cassidy_15 : 27th Jul 2009 at 4:27 AM.
OMG! this is amazing!! I can't wait to make all the friends! This will be wonderfull...Mwahahaha
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:34 AM Last edited by xteenah : 27th Jul 2009 at 3:49 AM.
Thanks everyone! I'll definitely look into doing the coffee shop! Btw, to download the Sim characters I've done you can check out my site here:

Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
A job well done, but I do want to give some positive critique.

Ross his kitchen seems to be missing, I believe it would be at the right side of the set.

The outside look might also need some changes. Rachel and Monica should be able to look into Ross his apartment from their window.

I would suggest two buildings with a street in the middle which would be used to park the cars, and give it more of a city feel as well. The first floors of both buildings could be little more than a lobby, some stairs and maybe a toilet and the apartments could be on the second floor. Phoebe's appartment could stay next to Ross.

In the descriptions, I wrote that in order for the top apartments to work, Ross' and Phoebe's had to be switched. Ross' kitchen is there, it's just in the corner. You can see it in the floorplan. If I have time, I'll start expanding it. Add the parking spaces, the coffee shop, more buildings, etc. I didn't spend as much time on the exterior because I worked on the interior a lot more :]

Quote: Originally posted by crofts5
It looks brilliant. An instant download for me but one question thought. I dont recognise the shelfing unit in the M&R apartment, is it in the base game or is it mod/store content ?

Nope! They can be found in the Other category under Decorations. It's a brown clutter shelf.

Quote: Originally posted by diskoh
The window and curtains are different for me in Monica's apartment. Strange.

That's because they are The Sims Store items that you must have downloaded in order for them to show up - sorry! I tried using as little CC as I could </3
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:38 AM
I didn't even like Friends, and I'm blown away by this. It's uploads like this that make me miss the apartments feature in TS2. XD Great job!
Test Subject
#45 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:45 AM
Oh boy...I'm in trouble...
I told myself when my Sims 3 starts working I would refrain from downloading any stuff from tv, movies, books, etc...this is probably the one that'll make me break my promise.
Thanks!/DARN YOOOOOU!!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:57 AM
Very impressive!
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:02 AM
good work, i must search just the texture for a replacement from sims2 for sims3 in friends

thank you very much =D
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:24 AM
I Love you so much!!!!
Thaaaaanks a lot! You are a genius!!!!!
Gooood Job!
Test Subject
#49 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:20 AM
awesome job! i'm totally impressed.
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:38 AM
This is amazing! I love the details...it feels just like Friends!! Now to have some Friends sims to move in!! Thank you so much for your hard work!!

Been playing the Sims since it started with Bob and Betty Newbie!
Page 2 of 5