Replies: 12423 (Who?), Viewed: 783880 times.
Page 491 of 497
Mad Poster
#12251 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 1:03 AM
Nothing wrong with cafeteria workers. In fact, my Erik Swain liked his so much, he proposed to her.
Mad Poster
#12252 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 2:56 AM
I'd love something that would allow a subneighborhood to keep the regular day/night cycle, have the AM/PM times reversed for jobs, house visits, etc... one of my regions in the fantasy setting I'm gradually worldbuilding my way through is in an extremely hot desert environment, so the cultures there are almost exclusively nocturnal to take advantage of the cooler desert nights. (as an aside, this is also meant to make it an interesting new way to play vampires, since suddenly they're on the same schedule as the rest of the population!)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#12253 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 1:27 AM Last edited by Lena88 : 25th Sep 2021 at 1:42 AM.
I dont know how to put this...It would be nice (touch of realism) if there was HOTEL FOOD CART that has same function as Paladin's Place/Simwardrobe AUTOMSTIC BUFFET TABLE. Or at least recolors/other shape option for aitomatic buffet table to look as hotel food cart.???? What do you think folks?
Field Researcher
#12254 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 1:45 AM
I am not talented with SimPE.
I wish there was a facemask that covered the whole face and neck (like the Evil witch) that matched Amaryll's brass default replacement.
Then I could customize their appearance using Fussy Up without messing about in SimPE
Scholar
#12255 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 7:30 PM
I would like my Sims to be hungry without skipping meals.
As hungry as I am when I get home after work, and I feel like singing one of Queen' songs while I serve the meal - I want it all, and I want it NOW!

Apparently making Sims hungry faster is very complicated, or so I've heard.
I wonder if making the default dishes less filling would be easier...
But is that feasible? If it is, I would love such a mod <3
Alchemist
#12256 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 7:36 AM
It would be cool if sims can only drive a car when they have a drivers license in their inventory. That way "the police" can take their drivers license and they can't drive anymore or teens need to learn to drive before getting one. Maybe they can have a temp one.

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once (SimFileShare)
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project (finished): The School Project (Completed)
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Facebookpage: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Mad Poster
#12257 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 1:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lientebollemeis
It would be cool if sims can only drive a car when they have a drivers license in their inventory. That way "the police" can take their drivers license and they can't drive anymore or teens need to learn to drive before getting one. Maybe they can have a temp one.

I can see it being a test of whether or not one has enough mechanical points to be able to get a license, too. Maybe someone can make a 'certificate' to be given to the successful test taker, too. Would it be that hard, I wonder.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Field Researcher
#12258 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 4:25 PM
I would like a hack that allows sims to use umbrellas on rainy/snowy days.

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Lab Assistant
#12259 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 2:06 PM
Either mod or hacked pet bed that allows more than one pet to sleep? Even better - to allow a whole litter of puppies or kittens to sleep together.
Alchemist
#12260 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 9:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I can see it being a test of whether or not one has enough mechanical points to be able to get a license, too. Maybe someone can make a 'certificate' to be given to the successful test taker, too. Would it be that hard, I wonder.

I can make a career with a drivers license as a career reward, but it would have 10 levels and still the license cant be taken by the police and the sim can drive the car without a license as well.

Lab Assistant
#12261 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 11:15 AM
Umm...what you simmers think about CATERING and WEDDING sign?
Test Subject
#12262 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 4:14 PM
I'd like a mod where any sim can fly to work (and other community lots). It's only available for sims with law enforcement careers. That ability would be awesome for fairies and superheroes.
Mad Poster
#12263 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 4:56 PM
And it seems we have a disagreeable spammer in da house.
And about Uni cooks; I agree that they cook boring food. Some of them have lots of cooking skills, but will only cook mack&cheese or spaghetti. I even had one that ONLY cooked a custom Asian dish for lunch and dinner. I finally gave the students their own frig and stove, and a BBQ, and they enjoyed learning how to cook more interesting stuff.

Namaste... or "go"
Forum Resident
#12264 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 8:28 PM
I'm not that bothered about what the cafeteria workers cook, as I view as them getting given a specific timetable telling them what to cook and at what time. Basically, like a lot of schools, at least where I live; for example you could get chips, pizza, or burgers on a Monday, but then pasta, rice, or roast dinners on a Tuesday, and so on.

It would also be unrealistic if uni students were getting lobster thermidor every night, but that's just me

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Instructor
#12265 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 11:44 PM
If sims 2 could be open world and you could build in it like Minecraft, Imagine the endless possibilities. Skyscrapers as tall as you want, towns as big as you want, and sims could walk for miles literally to get from one place to another. If sims 5 could ever be like that, I would buy it. You could literally build your own open world.
Lab Assistant
#12266 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 3:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena88
Either mod or hacked pet bed that allows more than one pet to sleep? Even better - to allow a whole litter of puppies or kittens to sleep together.

@Lena88: That mod exists!

https://modthesims.info/d/518144

It's an invisible pet bed that you can place on existing pet beds to give the illusion of them cuddling together on one
Mad Poster
#12267 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 5:41 AM
A mod that randomized handedness maybe with tokens, so most sims would write, eat, and paint right-handed, while one out of ten would do those things left-handed. Maybe an optional guitar module where a sim would play the guitar upside-down and left-handed, if that was the hand the sim preferred. The writing and eating shouldn't be a problem with animations as there are animations for both hands. And for the remote control and phones, the animations can be flipped. I think it would be best to be token-based, where you click on the ground or your sim and you can choose to give, change, or remove the handedness token. Inherited handedness could have special bonuses for lefty parents, or it could just be randomized. Would that be possible?
Forum Resident
#12268 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 6:38 AM
I'd like to see a mod that made Identical twins a possibility. They obviously thought of this concept, when they created the Pleasant twins. So why make it impossible for it to occur in the game? I'm not even sure such a mod would be remotely possible. But i figure, it would go something like this:

Birth --->
• Single / Double ?
• If Double: Identical / Fraternal ?
• If Identical, duplicate body mesh; if not, proceed as normal

Of course, that's overly simplistic... but the game should (theoretically) be able to handle that kind of instruction. It would seem like duplicating the face it generates would be simple enough... simpler than creating 2 random faces from the parents' facial structure, anyway. Personalities are randomized for twins already, so no need to tinker with that.

Is it really as simple as instructing the game to re-create the same face, after a check for identical or fraternal? Probably not... if it was easy, or even moderately difficult, someone in the Sims community would've probably accomplished it already. And i'm sure a mod like that wold cement their status as a modder Legend! It's just something I'd like to have in game, and think others would enjoy as well. I just cant understand why Maxis didn't include it to begin with. They thought about it. It was staring them right in the face. Oh well.

-grinEvilly
>=)
Mad Poster
#12269 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 9:36 AM
EA/Maxis was working with (I would like to believe) the fact that identical twins are far less common in real life than not. Fraternal twins are the norm, and I would just think that Lillith and her sister are just copies of one another, with their personalities similar-heck, their one true hobby was the same, as was their astrological sign.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Alchemist
#12270 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 1:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
I'd like to see a mod that made Identical twins a possibility. They obviously thought of this concept, when they created the Pleasant twins. So why make it impossible for it to occur in the game? I'm not even sure such a mod would be remotely possible. But i figure, it would go something like this:

Birth --->
• Single / Double ?
• If Double: Identical / Fraternal ?
• If Identical, duplicate body mesh; if not, proceed as normal

Of course, that's overly simplistic... but the game should (theoretically) be able to handle that kind of instruction. It would seem like duplicating the face it generates would be simple enough... simpler than creating 2 random faces from the parents' facial structure, anyway. Personalities are randomized for twins already, so no need to tinker with that.

Is it really as simple as instructing the game to re-create the same face, after a check for identical or fraternal? Probably not... if it was easy, or even moderately difficult, someone in the Sims community would've probably accomplished it already. And i'm sure a mod like that wold cement their status as a modder Legend! It's just something I'd like to have in game, and think others would enjoy as well. I just cant understand why Maxis didn't include it to begin with. They thought about it. It was staring them right in the face. Oh well.

-grinEvilly
>=)

There's something called "First born syndrome" which can be used as a workaround to get identical twins.
It's a workaround so not perfect, but it's not impossible to have identical twins.

Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#12271 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 1:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lientebollemeis
There's something called "First born syndrome" which can be used as a workaround to get identical twins.

You'd have to save and exit after the first twin is born and before the second twin is born for this to occur, which I don't think is possible, is it?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Forum Resident
#12272 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 5:43 PM
Well... the percentages could be tweaked, so it didn't have to be 50/50... Roughly 2/3 of twins are fraternal, though that number can fluctuate. But the game's mechanics can handle that kind of thing, as it does with plenty of other options in the game, like chance cards, for example.

"First Born Syndrome" is a copying of personalities, which isn't necessarily true for identical twins. They will have (virtually) the same appearance, but their personalities could be night and day. So the idea wasn't especially to make them have the exact same personalities. I personally don't feel like that would be very realistic. I know you can use sim surgery to copy and replace the appearance, but then you have to discard one of the twins that generated. That feels more like killing and cloning, than twins. Maybe that's too macabre. But ripping a kid's face off and replacing it with a sibling's face just isn't what i had in mind.

-gE
>=)
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#12273 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 6:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
"First Born Syndrome" is a copying of personalities, which isn't necessarily true for identical twins. They will have (virtually) the same appearance, but their personalities could be night and day.

It's everything- it seems that most of the randomizers in-game are broken:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...122#post5095122
In this thread are some pictures from when my daughter and I tested the firstborn effect on our computers; Mootilda did some digging into the code and found what I summarised in the above post.
https://modthesims.info/showthread....842#post2251842
Of course LazyDuchess has fixed this now with dll injection, but in an unmodded game if you boot up the game and immediately have two sims give birth to a baby, then reboot the game and repeat, the face and personality and genetics will always be identical (unless something happens to roll the in-game randomizer, such as spawning an NPC).

My post above was just questioning whether it's possible to save in between birthing twins. If it is, then you could (in the unmodded game) save before twin #1, reboot and birth twin #1, save and reboot and then birth twin #2, and have genetically identical twins each time. Their personalities would always be the same but you can change those easily enough in-game.

If you don't save, exit and reload the game in-between birthing each twin (or indeed before having the first one, as normal game play can randomize them), then the game randomizers will be triggered from the first birth, and will give a different result for the second twin.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Scholar
#12274 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 9:42 PM
Out of topic, I know, but...
Has someone disagreed with each and every post in this page? o_O
Theorist
#12275 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 11:15 PM
simsample, I don't think you can save in between births in a multiple birth pregnancy. The way to do it, I think, is that you have a single birth, and use cheats to make the sim pregnant/give birth again immediately after. Because the randomizer is broken, the baby from the second birth should be the exact same as the first, if the gender is the same. Whereas with regular twins, there seems to be a check somewhere that prevents each baby in the multiple birth sequence from being the same (the one place where the randomizer works, maybe ). I know you can have identical sets of twins--in which set 1 is identical to set 2, as in 1A is identical to 2A and 1B is identical to 2B.

I do wonder if that could be changed now, with the randomizer fix. Seems like it should be possible anyway.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 491 of 497