Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 2:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How can I make a Sim receive a future gravestone without having them die in the future?
Last year Martin McFleet died in my saved game of Bridgeport due to old age. I added him to Bridgeport using the Family Bin. However, recently I've gotten the idea of resurrecting him temporarily and have him die again so that he can receive a future gravestone.

The problem is that I haven't associated my Bridgeport save with Oasis Landing. And I'd rather not have to associate my saved game with other worlds just yet. I was thinking of maybe resurrecting him, send him to Oasis Landing with another Sim, have him die in Oasis Landing, return to Bridgeport with the gravestone, then dissociate Oasis Landing from Bridgeport. Not sure if using that method would cause any problems. I should also point out that Martin currently has a child daughter who is currently residing in Bridgeport.

Does anyone know if there are any mods that will allow me to have Martin McFleet resurrected and then have him die again, this time with a future gravestone? Maybe if there were mods existing that would allow me to flag Bridgeport as a future world while I resurrect Martin McFleet and have him die again.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 4:01 AM
Martin McFleet has the Future Sim, Stinky Sim, and Wonderland Sim hidden traits in my game. I added the last two manually with Master Controller. I don't think having the Future Sim trait affects what gravestone a Sim receives though. Or at least it didn't for me.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 4:25 AM
Perhaps you'd need to make him die by time portal illness. Master Controller (with cheats module) or Debug Enabler could do force death immediately.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
So... just curious... how can he be in Bridgeport if you haven't gone to the future? Isn't he a resident of Oasis Landing?

I think the OP saved him to the library (like the OP has stated on the thread) before, then started a new game and play as him. Martin McFleet is a homeless sim, meaning OP probably added him to one of empty houses while in Oasis Landing through Master Controller so OP could save him to the bin.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 5:07 AM
According to this tuning mod I found;
https://modthesims.info/d/591535/no...sent-world.html

A sim will receive a future gravestone if they stay and die in Oasis Landing, but if they die by jet pack crash or time portal anomaly in home world, they will still get future gravestone. I have no idea if it works with resurrected sim. Perhaps you could try, no?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 7:55 AM
I want every resident in my game to die from old age. Unless there's some way I can change the cause of death, and have it affect the appearance of the gravestone as well. I don't remember exactly how I saved Martin McFleet to Bridgeport. But it was either by saving him to the Create a Sim bin or to the Family Bin after making him playable with NRaas' Master Controller mod.
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
I want every resident in my game to die from old age. Unless there's some way I can change the cause of death, and have it affect the appearance of the gravestone as well. I don't remember exactly how I saved Martin McFleet to Bridgeport. But it was either by saving him to the Create a Sim bin or to the Family Bin after making him playable with NRaas' Master Controller mod.

Well, Master Controller with cheat module can do that. Click on a sim - master controller - advanced - force kill and choose type of death you desire. Remember, aside of jet pack crash and time portal anomaly, you still need to be in Oasis Landing if you want a future gravestone.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Dec 2022 at 1:20 AM
I have to make sure that Martin McFleet receives a medium gravestone when he dies. Since the number of aspiration points he has earned — or should I say, I gave him — is equal to that of a medium gravestone. And his cause of death has to be old age. I'm pretty sure forcing him to die instantly will produce a small gravestone, regardless of aspiration points. Also whenever a Sim with a certain number of aspiration points dies, I add them to the family or they'll receive a small gravestone.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Dec 2022 at 1:49 AM
I just tried sending some Sims to Oasis Landing in a test save. And everything went according to plan. Until I sent my Sims back home. The gravestone of the Sim that died in the future wasn't in my Sim's inventory when they went back home. So I guess I'm back to square one now.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 11:09 PM
Do I have to add the tombstone to the inventory of the Sim that's alive when travelling back home?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 11:43 PM
The gravestone disappeared. But reappeared in the active ghost Sim's inventory. I thought the workaround failed until I noticed it had reappeared in the active ghost Sim's inventory. I couldn't get the gravestone out of the inventory. But the gravestone was automatically placed on the lot when I had the ghost Sim return to the Netherworld. Now I just have to do it with my current save.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 3:38 PM
The gravestone disappeared. But reappeared in the active ghost Sim's inventory. I thought the workaround failed until I noticed it had reappeared in the active ghost Sim's inventory. I couldn't get the gravestone out of the inventory. But the gravestone was automatically placed on the lot when I had the ghost Sim return to the Netherworld. Now I just have to do it with my current save.

You cannot drag it from the inventory and place it on the lot? Perhaps that it is now placed, you can drag it to where you want it to go??? One of those "try it, and if it does not work, do NOT save" things... Use Nraas debug, click on the grave marker in the ghost's inventory. There is an option to move to family inventory. Go to buy mode, family inventory, and see if you can drag it from there to place where you want it.
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 6:28 AM
I help you, I hope someone helps me:
1- Cheat testingcheatsenabled true
2- Cheat buydebug on
3- Buy mode -> debug catalog (?) -> future tombstone
4- MOD NRaas: click on the tombstone -> NRaas -> DebugEnabler -> DeathByWorldBuilder -> OldAge -> OK
The active sim will bond with the tombstone becoming its ghost and cause of death old age, works for any type of tombstone you will instantly lose control of the active sim, they must have another controllable sim on hand.
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 6:32 AM
Now me, I was editing my city in my save game, and I was trying to add dead to a graveyard, I collected the tombstones with ghosts and replaced the ones that did not have them, I exported and removed the old graveyard and put the new that I created, and now the tombstones do not appear occupied, nor the empty ones because I replaced them, only the empty lot without graves. How can I export the cemetery with its ghosts and tombstones? Why doesn't it save the entire lot content when I export it for use in other save games?
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 6:34 AM
I'm sorry, I speak Spanish, I'm using google translate
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 6:37 AM
Oh, you don't need to leave your original world at all, you can forget about having to go to Oasis Landing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 7:55 AM
Yes, but you generally need to have a Sim die in Oasis Landing in order for them to have a future gravestone. Otherwise they'll just have a regular gravestone.
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 3:55 PM
Yes, but you generally need to have a Sim die in Oasis Landing in order for them to have a future gravestone. Otherwise they'll just have a regular gravestone.

This is the method used by developers, cheat "BuyDebug" for show hide game content, "World Builder" (Forced by NRaas Mod), you don't need to go to Oasis Landing, it's equal to use the Create a World program (CAS) but inside your game. Try the method from before first, oh I almost forgot, after placing the tombstones you have to close Buy Mode and go back to Live Mode, otherwise the NRaas options don't show up when clicking on the tombstones, although it was obvious, in Buy Mode there are no active sims, and this method needs to sacrifice the active sim in the process, it is also evident that the sim to be sacrificed must be alive, selectable and controllable by you.