Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I'd love to make some NPC dormies into playables to add them as townies in the family bin to become the townie neighbors in apartments and the matches from those can be fun to see and some of them might become famies I love a lot.I'll have to wait a very long time fir this to happen in my Pleasantview as the campus won't be introdiced until about the 19th century.

You could probably turn dormies into townies with cheats, and I know there's a hack that sets townies as default apartment residents.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 3:44 PM
Here are some more pairings from current Strangetown-Pleasantview playthrough. The kids all went to college and I split them up according to their grades, so it was Angela, Tank, Dirk, and Ophelia at one university, and Ripp, Johnny, Lilith, and Dustin at another. Dirk and Ophelia are hot, hot, hot. Lilith made out with Ripp, but really seems to be into Johnny. Everyone else just studied and didn't think about romance. I'm pretty sure Dustin and Angela will get back together after college because they almost always do in my game.

And this isn't an inter-neighborhood pairing, but it's one I never had before and I liked it a lot: Coral Oldie and Darren Dreamer! Coral is a lonely widow and Darren is pining over Cassandra, who is married to Don, so why not? They aren't even really that far apart in age.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 4:50 PM Last edited by NimaSims : 23rd Jan 2023 at 9:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara

What do you mean? I don't understand I'm afraid, whose clone is Nervous Subject?

I just use the sim blender to make himself pregnant with himself in a freak experiment by the Beakers because it just would sound like something they would do. Perhaps contributing into the studies of how aliens are able to impregnate male sims.

Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
In the GBA game they invaded as well... It's not that I hate the aliens, I just dislike their looks. Green is my least favorite color ever, and black eyes without whites look like bug eyes, it's freaky. It's merely aesthetics, but I find it hard to enjoy playing sims whose looks I dislike so much!

Oh yeah, the aliens have a pretty scary lore here, abducting and impregnating sims, invasion happenings, their colony. Though, I wouldn't say I hate them, I just hate PT9, not sure how it started but I started conspiring against PT9, mwahahahah.
I get how their looks are just too much sometimes tho, perhaps they can't get sims pregnant or get pregnant due to their genetics not aligning with other sims (hybrids irl also often can't reproduce due to this)
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 11:15 PM Last edited by Acrylonitrile : 6th Jan 2024 at 11:40 AM.
Some of my favorite romances that have developed in my Uberhood:

Cassandra Goth & Delilah O'Feefe: They both come across to me as shy, isolated, and misunderstood, but full of curiosity and intelligence. For that reason, I love the idea of them holed up together in their bright yellow French Second Empire manor, being odd and mysterious as they experiment in chemistry & botany & eerie surrealist art.

Angela Pleasant & Miranda Capp: Kind of an odd pair, but considering Angela previously dated bad boy Dustin Broke, I figure she has a rebellious side she'd like to explore, and admires bold brash people like Miranda. Meanwhile, Miranda is just looking for something simple and straightforward after the chaos of her family life. I like to think they balance each other out, helping bring out contrasting qualities in one another.

Lilith Pleasant & Ophelia Nigmos & Hermia Capp: I was originally thinking about sticking Lilith and Ophelia together as members of the troubled quasi-goth teen girl club, but they also ended up having chemistry with Hermia, sooo... throuple it is! Not much thought behind this beyond just thinking they're all cool.

Dustin Broke & Dirk Dreamer & Johnny Smith: Another unintentional throuple. These guys really came together on their own as college roomies with incredibly high chemistry. Seriously, the autonomous romancing was constant. It was really cute.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 11:04 AM
I only played a megahood once and I didn't come too far. I just started one again and I will repeat the couples of Bianca Monti and Armand DeBateau as well as Consort Capp and Dina Caliente.
I also will marry Johnny Smith and Stella Terrano just because of how I intend to play the Alien culture in that hood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
I only played a megahood once and I didn't come too far. I just started one again and I will repeat the couples of Bianca Monti and Armand DeBateau as well as Consort Capp and Dina Caliente.
I also will marry Johnny Smith and Stella Terrano just because of how I intend to play the Alien culture in that hood.

How are you going to play alien culture in that hood? I haven't thought how alien descendants would be different.
Inventor
#32 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 12:19 AM
Dina Caliente and Malcolm Landgrab. She married Mortimer, got his money, then went out looking for another target and heard that Landgrab was rich. It turned out he had made poor investments and accumulated a debt and decided to take the Goth money.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NimaSims
How are you going to play alien culture in that hood? I haven't thought how alien descendants would be different.

The first goal is to build a population that is still as alien as possible, so ideally not breeding with sims that have no alien genes. This will be difficult as most premade Sims are closely related, which is why I will definitely allow cousin couples for them. But if there is none, regular sims are also fine. Any kind of way to keep the alien genes running will have to do with the tiny population that they have. Aliens will also not be monogamous but marriages do exist, but more in a way to form alliances than because of love. Maxis always gave me the impression that Birth Queens and the males of their species are less about being romantic than growing the alien population.
Outside of marriage and children, I think my alien population will care very much about education and to absord as much knowledge as possible. I haven't decided yet if they will raise their own children or if they will be raised by one or two other aliens for them. I think I might do the latter. To assimiliate better in the Sim world, my aliens will have given up their typical alien names but instead use regular sim names when out and about.
I will probably also turn Rose and Daisy Greenman from Riverblossom Hills into aliens since I loath playing plant sims and this way they would actually add some more variety to the very limited Alien gene pool. Maybe Dina and Nina will also still be called upon to carry an Alien baby since they have an alien ancestor, even if it is already pretty far removed but my Alien population might try to grasp every straw they can. For now Dina is married to Consort and they also just had their first child.
As I have just started this megahood and not yet added Strangetown itself, I'm still working out the kinks and sometimes some stuff just comes to me while playing. So it is very much a work in progress.
Scholar
#34 Old 11th Apr 2023 at 10:37 PM
I have been playing a new uberhood of Veronaville, Strangetown, Pleasantview, Bluewater Village, and Academie Le Tour, plus all the bin Sims, so I thought I'd revive this thread and share some pairings. Hope that's OK. If not, feel free to ignore.

Tybalt Capp and Marla Biggs
Juliette Capp and Dustin Broke
Hermia Capp and Puck Summerdream
Miranda Capp and Gilbert Jacquet
Desdemona Capp and Bobby Broke (unborn baby Broke)
Ariel Capp and Celeste Curious (Pascal's daughter)
Kent Capp and Tank Grunt (after Tank's divorce from Angela Pleasant)
Bianca Monty and Lazlo Curious
Beatrice Monty and Buck Grunt
Bottom Summerdream and Alexander Goth
Cyd Roseland and Lola Curious
Beau Broke and Jill Smith
Daniel Pleasant and Jodie Larson
Dirk Dreamer and Melody Tinker

Lilith Pleasant changed to Romance in college and has had children with David Ottomas and Mercutio Monty. They are both single dads now.

Johnny Smith and Ophelia Nigmos are poly (well, at least she is, but he doesn't mind it), and her other loves include Ripp Grunt, Romeo Monty, Mercutio Monty, and David Ottomas.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 13th Apr 2023 at 2:27 AM
I've got Pleasantview in it's early stages of growth with my first sets of couples starting to arrive in the early 17th century colony to start building up their new lives and most of the earliest ones intend to be farmers and some with be crafters in a trade.They'll add their farming distirct first as a new shopping district and place most of the farms out there when the town has grown enough to need more land opened up.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 14th May 2023 at 4:01 AM
My current favorite is Stella Roth and Don Lothario. I'm also partial to Vidcund Curious and Cassandra Goth!
Page 2 of 2