Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*2007 Update*Animated/Functional Value Vending Machine! (Chips, coke, & more)

by pacotacoplayer Posted 7th Oct 2006 at 2:37 AM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 1:54 PM by -Maylin-

200 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 183 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Test Subject
#76 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 10:48 AM Last edited by Barbie : 10th Oct 2006 at 3:24 PM.
Hallo pacotacoplayer !

Very good Job. It has always been one of my wishes .

Attention ! My Sim -Child can buy the coke ,but doesn't drink it Sorry !

Sorry for my english . I'm from Germany !
I hope you can understand me .
Greetings !
Barbie
Scholar
Original Poster
#77 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 12:56 PM
Thankyou, Barbie

I will look into that.

And about the chocolate bars - I was going to do that but I don't know how to add Morph Mods to a plain object without them. Sorry.

By the way, barbie: Did everything else turn out well?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Test Subject
#78 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 5:19 PM
Thank you so much! I have been hoping that someone would make a useable snack machine. I have a neighborhood gym and this will be perfect!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 6:45 AM
awsome work.
and wonderful idea.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 2:56 PM
If sims buy vendor machines and will the owner sims earn money in Open for Business?? Just like Cell phone machine. If so, let me know!! I'm downloading them now! :D

Anyway, wonderful jobs !!
Test Subject
#81 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Barbie : 10th Oct 2006 at 6:22 AM.
Your welcome ,pacotacoplayer
Thank you for your answer
The Sim - child buys the Coke and puts it away.
For everything else is fine. I have still another small problem. The Snackautomat is a Cokeautomat.It is not the automat on the picture above.However it have the same function . Last week I had downloaded the Cokeautomat http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=192803
Greetings
Barbie
Field Researcher
#82 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 11:25 PM
I had the exact opposite problem. A few days before downloading this one, I downloaded the Coke machine from:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=192803

The Coke machine looked correct when I downloaded it. But after downloading this vending machine, BOTH machines look like this one. The Coke one doesn't look right anymore, it is the same as this one.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Scholar
Original Poster
#83 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 12:02 AM
Guys, if you know how, try changing the GUID of the first version and it should fix the problem.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Lab Assistant
#84 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 2:58 AM
This is one of the better objects I've seen, and it's just awesome. The textures look good..animations as well fit in. The end message is also great, who could think of that? Well aparently not me. Heh.

Check out my uploads here!
Feel free to email, PM, or IM me!
Test Subject
#85 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 3:25 PM
hey, one question. If I have this on an owned community lot, will the owner of the lot get money when NPCs purchase snacks from it?

BTW: It's awsome. I've been looking for something like this for ages.

"Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies..."
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 5:11 PM
No, the machine does not give the owner profit. Sorry; that gets into really complicated BHAV editing and I am not there yet.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Instructor
#87 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 5:45 PM
Well, I don't have OFB, so my sims don't own community lots-- and this will be a great addition to some of my community lots!

And I don't mind the kids/coke problem, either-- small price to pay for the genius that is this machine! *bows and pays homage*

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:30 PM
I wasn't aware the coke vendor machine still functioned the same its just the cool design has been destroyed
Test Subject
#89 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 9:37 PM
I have a problem like Jasmini.... I have this vending machine plus your coke machine and a pepsi recolour of the coke machine and now all 3 look like the coke machine... the menus are correct but they all look the same now, and i have no idea how to change a guid. Is there going to be a fix????
Field Researcher
#90 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 10:45 PM
I haven't had any sims use it on their own. Are they able to use it autonomously?

Scholar
Original Poster
#91 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 12:20 AM
Okay, then I guess I will have to post the new GUID-ed version. Give me 'till tommorow. But like I said, if y'all want the other one to work properly then change its GUID *for the ones who knw how*

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Test Subject
#92 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 2:41 PM
This is one of those absolutely magical things that I never knew I needed till I saw it!

Thanks a million! I'm downloading it now to test later ....

Chaynne

~ I'm the sanest person I know ~

My YouTube Channel
Field Researcher
#93 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 10:32 PM
Is there any way to get the cleanbots to recognize the used cans? The sims insist on putting them on the floor when done and the employee lounge is littered with used cans. I put a cleanbot in the room for the express purpose of cleaning up after these sims, but it doesn't "see" the cans on the floor.

Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magicmoon
Is there any way to get the cleanbots to recognize the used cans? The sims insist on putting them on the floor when done and the employee lounge is littered with used cans. I put a cleanbot in the room for the express purpose of cleaning up after these sims, but it doesn't "see" the cans on the floor.

Sims are pigs. We all have to learn to deal with it

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Lab Assistant
#95 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 8:27 PM
I love the vending machine but it killed my coke machine, I liked the look of the coke machine in the game

LegolasKLM at thesims2.ea.com Check out my stories and sims at thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=692419

I may be a goody two shoes but underneath I have dark socks!

www.myspace.com/KMRocky
Test Subject
#96 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 9:02 PM
So is there somehting we can do to have both the vending and coke machine useable w/n the game?
Test Subject
#97 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 11:00 PM
Since these machines dispense food and drink, shouldn't they satisfy a sims hunger? The way they are set up now they only satisfy a sims fun. I've never had much fun using a food vending machine...
Scholar
Original Poster
#98 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scratch
Since these machines dispense food and drink, shouldn't they satisfy a sims hunger? The way they are set up now they only satisfy a sims fun. I've never had much fun using a food vending machine...

Um...maybe you didnt read. It DOES raise the sims hunger. A lot.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Test Subject
#99 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:32 PM
I found a bug when you have several sims on a lot with the vending machine and tell one to buy something as soon as the sim starts eating the Lets say.. cookies one of the other sims grabs the cookies from the eating sim and throws it away in the middle of the eating animation
Instructor
#100 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirakira123456774
I found a bug when you have several sims on a lot with the vending machine and tell one to buy something as soon as the sim starts eating the Lets say.. cookies one of the other sims grabs the cookies from the eating sim and throws it away in the middle of the eating animation

I didn't have that one. My sim bought the cookies, ate them, and there were two NPCs, two Townies, AND her firstborn son on the same community lot (hubby was at home taking care of Number Two) and nobody took the cookies.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Page 4 of 9