2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9551 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thelook
If you turn a Service NPC or Uni NPC into a playable character (not sure about other NPCs), they can enter other playable's homes without being invited. Banning them with the Visitor Controller and locking the doors doesn't seem to stop them either.

My real discovery was that if you change their BCON, BHAV and GUID to that of a normal sim, it stops that behaviour.

And what values of those labels do you need to change? Because I'd like to get one or two converted NPC's to stop trying to take baths all the time!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Test Subject
#9552 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
And what values of those labels do you need to change? Because I'd like to get one or two converted NPC's to stop trying to take baths all the time!

1) Using SimPe, I extracted the BCON and BHAVs from a 'normal' (non-supernatural), playable Sim.

2) I opened the converted NPC and deleted all the BCON and BHAVs. I replaced them with the extracted ones. Then under Object Data > GUID, I changed the Original GUID to 0x7FD96B54. Leave the fallback GUID as is.

3) Hit Save

As always, back up your game before you try this out. It's worked for me but I can't make any guarantees for anyone else's game
Top Secret Researcher
#9553 Old 13th Feb 2022 at 6:04 AM
1. Woohooing in a car is a discrete way to do it without alerting your wife. Or maybe depends on where the garage is.
2. Biting the neck of your date actually improves the date score. You'd think becoming a vampire would be a dealbreaker or at least shake things up a bit but no.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Inventor
#9554 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 4:15 AM
^ That's a tough act to follow Why oh why did I just a few days ago discover that the custom paintings you add to the paintings folder will show up in order by the name (or numbers) given them. I now have 1538 pictures to rename. That's going to have to wait, tonight I feel like playing

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Inventor
#9555 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 8:57 AM
Heh, that's how you make an NPC if it wasn't created with the right template. Doing it the otherway robs him of a unique personality. Sone NPCs set greet status to themselves on spawning, like Servers.

I had a man spawn a plantbaby using the built-in interaction. Not to my taste at all, so I've never done it before. It modified my objects.package. There was a delay immediately after launching the action, when it happened. Didn't look why it happens, and probably never will.
Top Secret Researcher
#9556 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 11:17 AM
Opening Seethem.exe wipes your userstartup.cheat regardless if you make any changes or not.

Top Secret Researcher
#9557 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Opening Seethem.exe wipes your userstartup.cheat regardless if you make any changes or not.

And I thought that was why all of my cheat aliases stopped working too (even after I replaced it with a backup) but it was because I also edited it and put" setquartertileplacement on" as a startup cheat. Apparently that breaks the file! But it made sense it had to be that one because my startup cheats still worked (I put that one last, before the aliases) so anything after that wasn't read by the game, and that was all of my aliases.

Lab Assistant
#9559 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 6:58 AM
Today I discovered that foundation, before you cover it with flooring, has dirty shoe prints all over it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9560 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 8:52 AM
@Cattitude It's possible to unlock that floor in the game files, so that you can use it to line attics with.
Lab Assistant
#9561 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Cattitude It's possible to unlock that floor in the game files, so that you can use it to line attics with.

Oh neat!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9562 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 9:33 PM
To do that, make a safe copy of [install location]\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\floorPatterns.txt. Then open the original file in notepadand find the following:
floorPattern "floor_plywoodFoundation"
material "floor_plywoodFoundation"
# #catalogTextIndex 215 # no price should be charged for this
subsort "other"
surfaceType "wood"
notInCatalog
crapScore 1.0

Put a # in front of notincatalog so that the line won't be read, so it will show up in floors>all. If you want to use it in rooms that sims go into as well, then also put a # in front of the crapScore 1.0 line too (or else the sims' envirnoment score will tank). Save the file and it should work.
Instructor
#9563 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:41 AM
alt+enter fullscreens bodyshop. love how I have been playing since day dot and still learn new things constantly. I'm sure this isn't news to most but I never knew.
Top Secret Researcher
#9564 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 6:40 AM
That's news to me!! All this time I've struggled to see the details. Desperately wanted this but didn't think it was possible lol, thank you!

Lab Assistant
#9565 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
To do that, make a safe copy of [install location]\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\floorPatterns.txt. Then open the original file in notepadand find the following:
floorPattern "floor_plywoodFoundation"
material "floor_plywoodFoundation"
# #catalogTextIndex 215 # no price should be charged for this
subsort "other"
surfaceType "wood"
notInCatalog
crapScore 1.0

Put a # in front of notincatalog so that the line won't be read, so it will show up in floors>all. If you want to use it in rooms that sims go into as well, then also put a # in front of the crapScore 1.0 line too (or else the sims' envirnoment score will tank). Save the file and it should work.

Thank you. I might try that at some point.
Mad Poster
#9566 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 1:30 PM
I found this out when I started up my medieval game-that you can hide the modern style lots from appearing in the lot catalog by replacing the ".package " notation with the word "off" instead.

This will keep them from displaying at all in the lot catalogue. When you want them back, all you have to do is rename them back to ".package" .

Yes, the warning, "this might render the file unstable" will appear when you change the name-it's a standard warning. Just hit yes to change the name.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Lab Assistant
#9567 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 5:09 PM
Default University students - going to class
If a university student is away from home, and it's almost class time, s/he is transported to class & then back to whatever lot s/he was visiting afterwards. This happened with my Delilah O'Feefe, who attends Academie Le Tour & who had just purchased 600 Simoleons worth of food. Evidently she went to class, carrying all her groceries, & when she arrived back at the grocery store, her mood was much improved. She's an introvert & her social gets into the red zone often.
Instructor
#9568 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 8:18 PM

I don't play with businesses often, and I've seen the floor-standing signs and the little table card signs but I had no idea there were hanging ones! Coldwater Townie Josiah just bought a dishwasher.
Top Secret Researcher
#9569 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 11:06 AM
They also hang from the ceiling if you sell lights.

Instructor
#9570 Old 4th Mar 2022 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
They also hang from the ceiling if you sell lights.

No way! I never even thought to sell ceiling lights but now I might need to.
Mad Poster
#9571 Old 5th Mar 2022 at 12:24 AM
You can also sell: doors, paintings-actually anything that hangs from/on the walls.
Just make sure (if you're using Inge's autorestock) to make it restock at no cost or else you're going to be broke in short time.

Instructor
#9572 Old 5th Mar 2022 at 7:42 PM
I got to see it hang from the ceiling, one of my shops sells ceiling fans. Dunno why it amazed me as much as it did!
Mad Poster
#9573 Old 7th Mar 2022 at 6:55 PM
I did not know that toddlers could fall asleep sitting up, I assumed they'd lie down on the floor. He looks like he's about to fall over, like how they do in the crib, but nope, he's just sitting there
Screenshots

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#9574 Old 8th Mar 2022 at 6:35 PM
I had no clue sims could ding-dong-ditch each other! I just watched one of my sims, Rose, walk onto the lot, snickering to herself, and then walk up to the front door and ring it before running away. Am I dumb? I had no clue this was a thing!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Theorist
#9575 Old 9th Mar 2022 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I had no clue sims could ding-dong-ditch each other! I just watched one of my sims, Rose, walk onto the lot, snickering to herself, and then walk up to the front door and ring it before running away. Am I dumb? I had no clue this was a thing!

In Sims 1 the Grim Reaper could do that! Sometimes, very rarely, he'd randomly show up at night and ding-dong-ditch the active household.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 383 of 445