Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#9701 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 7:40 AM
I've noticed that a lot of people don't know that when you call a sim and select the smiley face icon, all people are listed in friendship order. You can also select the order of attraction. (Many youtubers play without knowing it)
Advertisement
Instructor
#9702 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 8:03 PM
I once tried out how to play with a baby bodied adult or toddler sim. Check out my video.

https://streamable.com/s41x9p
Forum Resident
#9703 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 12:46 AM
There is a sort friends by chemistry in the relationships UI. Didn't know that LOL.
Now I can see who my sims are most attracted to the most without having to scope the room.
Well at least in the UC that function is there.
Mad Poster
#9704 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 12:58 AM
That function's always been there. In the phone menu you can sort by chemistry, relationship, or alphabetically. In the party and outing menus, you can sort by friend level or alphabetically. In the relationship panel, you can see everyone, family only, household only, or friend only, with a secondary arrangement by relationship level and proximity.

Put the game on pause and go all over the UI clicking all the icons. There's a lot of information, which can be organized a lot of different ways there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#9705 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 11:54 AM
Yes, I forgot to say that it works with the relationships panel as well. It is a pity that some do not know. They are really useful tools to match or know who your sim gets along with better or worse. While it's also true that attraction can sometimes change depending on how you relate to a sim, it's not always a reliable method for people your sim has just met.
Mad Poster
#9706 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 12:16 AM
Taking pictures with near absolute zero CC is really difficult when I'm used to having at least a bit more than this (it's under 1 GB, just the bare essentials plus a few things I'm testing - an all-time-low).

One of the water plants and the ivy helped a whole lot with the details, in ways I don't think I've used them before. Have to get creative when I have no other plants than the regular ingame ones, I guess.
Mad Poster
#9707 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Taking pictures with near absolute zero CC is really difficult when I'm used to having at least a bit more than this (it's under 1 GB, just the bare essentials plus a few things I'm testing - an all-time-low).

One of the water plants and the ivy helped a whole lot with the details, in ways I don't think I've used them before. Have to get creative when I have no other plants than the regular ingame ones, I guess.

Fun fact, if you look in the storytelling photos for Strangetown, you can see EA used a refrigerator to look like school lockers in one of the photos.
Forum Resident
#9708 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Fun fact, if you look in the storytelling photos for Strangetown, you can see EA used a refrigerator to look like school lockers in one of the photos.

And a sink (with soap and toothbrush on it) as a drinking fountain in the same picture It's my favourite storytelling photo in the game just because of how creative the team got with the objects (and the fact that the lockers are fridges)

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#9709 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 1:46 AM
I was messing around with the Bluewater Village families today, most of which I've never really played, and their houses are absurdly huge! The Tinkers' house is one of the worst--it's like a mile from the kitchen to the dining room, and the upstairs bathroom is super long but has no sink for some reason.
Mad Poster
#9710 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
I once tried out how to play with a baby bodied adult or toddler sim. Check out my video.

https://streamable.com/s41x9p

Can't imagine why the grouchy "disagree"; I thought the rapping baby was funny.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#9711 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 3:38 AM
The hang out social is a lot more than one on one when 2 sims sit on the floor and chat, You can invite sims into the group to join in up to 8 sims. That's the first time I've discovered hang out used like that. Now my sims can sit in a circle and have an Indian style powwow or if you're more imaginative like me, Hold a seance to talk to the ghosts and spirits from beyond.
Forum Resident
#9712 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 11:27 AM
The nectar stand. Just saw it in the Jocque-house. Looking at it in the buy catalogue, my best guess is I missaw it as the lemonade stand and just glossed over it. For years. And years. And years.

I am Error.
Instructor
#9713 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Now my sims can sit in a circle and have an Indian style powwow or if you're more imaginative like me, Hold a seance to talk to the ghosts and spirits from beyond.

That reminds me of the MySims games and Violet Nightshade I think I'll have to play a hang-out seance too when I can play agaain!
Scholar
#9714 Old 18th Jul 2022 at 12:59 AM
If my Sim throws a party and then everyone in the lot goes to sleep or to work or to class, chances are the party will be not bad. I guess they have more fun on their own.
Test Subject
#9715 Old 18th Jul 2022 at 2:20 AM
I like to call this "Sims 1" mode. Typing uintProp LotSkirtSizeIncrease -1 will completely disable neighborhood terrain from lot view. Kinda neat.
Field Researcher
#9716 Old 18th Jul 2022 at 6:41 AM
I honestly find it always scary... imagine having a house in the middle of just plane, unknown blue... alone... foreclosed to the other houses in the hood....
Forum Resident
#9717 Old 18th Jul 2022 at 3:14 PM
Living on that lot would be a nightmare. Especially with the fear of collapsing one tile smaller every day until there was no lot left.
Mad Poster
#9718 Old 18th Jul 2022 at 8:00 PM
I've disocvered that having the content and Mods I've got in my game make playiing hostoical themed games much easier and more realistic and that starting live play in the town with only minimal setup is much more realisitc than building it up to make it look established before going live.It's also a lot easier to track down rotations when there's only one couple for the first year or two before a new couple arrives and others arrive slwoly over the following years.Restricting lot visitations at the start is also much more relaistic as a newly settled town won't get much traffic at the community lots until the population is bigger.
Theorist
#9719 Old 18th Jul 2022 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guiehrm
I like to call this "Sims 1" mode. Typing uintProp LotSkirtSizeIncrease -1 will completely disable neighborhood terrain from lot view. Kinda neat.

That's kinda like how how lots in Sims 2 almost ended up looking. In the first preview of the game that was shown everything outside the lot was a grey void, just like in Sims 1.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Test Subject
#9720 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 12:43 AM
I had no idea dogs could eat homework in game. A stray came and ate Jules O Mackey's homework while she was in bed with Jacob.
Mad Poster
#9721 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 3:07 PM
I found out that if a family is on vacation, if you click on their house and say yes to playing the vacation lot, you'll be taken directly there. I didn't know that was possible, and was worried that I'd forget where they were vacationing!

Obviously I haven't played vacation lots.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#9722 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 4:37 AM
Bonfire Dancing (not Fire Dancing, which needs to be learned). There's a command. But only for some Sims?

It's funny and weird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qny_kHfmcEU
Forum Resident
#9723 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 5:58 AM
I've never seen the bonfire dance either. Just when you think you know all there is to know about sims 2 you discover........This. The bonfire dance. Now I will have to explore the game and find out how to initiate it. It's moments like this when sims 2 interest gets renewed.
Mad Poster
#9724 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 9:57 AM
I think the bonfire dance is linked to the bonfire object from Uni - which is a lot of junk that needs to be set on fire?
Scholar
#9725 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 11:38 AM
I saw a new memory: Chased by wolf. And it was green?
Page 389 of 442