Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#9826 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 5:08 PM
That children can show up as customers to your home businesses?? How didn't I know this? OPB is my favorite ep and my sims have had businesses basically every time I play them, and I had never seen a child buy something.

The animation of "basic sell" is different, too, and it's so cute! He patted his head once he agreed to buy the object devastatingly adorable.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#9827 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 9:06 AM
Not today but not that long ago... Witches build magic skill by making reagents! So to be effective they should start with filling their inventories and then study the magic book when they're done (I always stock at least 20 of each reagent until I consider it done.)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9828 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 7:14 AM
If the genie is out of his lamp, he will make the yuck face when a sim changes a diaper by him!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#9829 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 11:13 PM
I discovered a unique family portrait pose while playing my dysfunctional family yesterday evening. I never saw this happen with any other households I played. I assumed the crossed-armed scowl was unique to Lilith Pleasant. I guess I've been too kind to my sims and their relationships.

I gotta say I appreciate this small yet meaningful detail. The matriarch here is definitely dissatisfied with her deadbeat husband and her life overall. I'm glad I got to see that dissatisfaction reflected.

Screenshots
Inventor
#9830 Old 1st Jan 2023 at 3:17 AM
Saw this hint in a Tea Addict video a few days ago: You can ctrl+click on a sim's Aspiration symbol in the UI to refresh their wants. This also works on dates to refresh their wants, as well. Very handy for clearing out irrelevant/unfillable wants.
Mad Poster
#9831 Old 1st Jan 2023 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simgamer18955
I discovered a unique family portrait pose while playing my dysfunctional family yesterday evening. I never saw this happen with any other households I played. I assumed the crossed-armed scowl was unique to Lilith Pleasant. I guess I've been too kind to my sims and their relationships.

I gotta say I appreciate this small yet meaningful detail. The matriarch here is definitely dissatisfied with her deadbeat husband and her life overall. I'm glad I got to see that dissatisfaction reflected.

I've seen that a lot-in marriages where one spouse has cheated, and the other one is very, very angry-and it's accurate, as well! If that pose shows up , you'll find there's a lot of drama going on, and it's a warning that you'd best be prepared for it.
Especially if it's both partners...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#9832 Old 3rd Jan 2023 at 2:53 AM
The final final exam of uni is a little more lenient with being late and lower grade on the grade meter, they can still graduate with highest honor.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Inventor
#9833 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 3:06 AM
If I go to the Volauvent secret society, my class performance bar is always set to the lowest limit, but I can still gain points. The game does something perplexing in "Function - Set Gate Flags" and compares the number of skills passed to the Stack Object ID, and on the Volauvent lot my stkobj is 1.

Initially I though I wasn't supposed to research for class in a secret society.
Mad Poster
#9834 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 4:41 AM
The grade glitch is somehow tied to the lot but only for some sims. It’s one of the more random weirdnesses in the game. Since it is so random, and has no consequences, nobody has ever been motivated enough to work out a fix.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#9835 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 8:24 AM
I made the 400 byte fix. It only happens when the person's id is low. The "flags" contains the number of filled skills, as in 0,1,2,3, and almost everything in that bhav is redundant.

I think it might be possible to spawn another sim, temporarily delete the family member, and build something to take object ids 1 to 10.
Theorist
#9836 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 9:54 AM
Wait, you made the fix for the stuck grade meter?
Top Secret Researcher
#9837 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 7:06 PM
Apparently, sims will serve food for the penguin. At least, I THINK that's what happened. Harriet O'Leary was serving food, and it was just her and her husband at home, as the boys were at school. Yet she put down two plates before grabbing her own. The only other "person" on the lot was...the penguin.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Scholar
#9838 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 7:52 PM
I hope it was fish based, otherwise someone is going to be having a talk with Simnation's wildlife service.
Mad Poster
#9839 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 11:33 PM
They count all kinds of sims they shouldn't for the serve food interaction, including, I think, sims on the phone and remote control cars in use at the moment of serving. I have seen them count the skunk D: that's not a dinner date I would invite!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#9840 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Wait, you made the fix for the stuck grade meter?

It's very simple. I guess it's probably part of someone else's bigger fixpack. Should it be uploaded?

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
They count all kinds of sims they shouldn't for the serve food interaction

What might cause a modder to get stuck is that there are two filters for serving food first) it's done in the "meal controller process" to place placeholders, and then again in the serve interaction, where the same filter should be applied, plus maybe some additional people. They waste a lot of time serving to strangers, even if the personality is not nice, or they need to go to work.
Lab Assistant
#9841 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 8:51 PM
You can direct Sims to cheat during chess. I accidentally clicked on the table during a game and it was possible for one of my sims. No idea if there are some requirements for that but I was so surprised. Never noticed it in 16 years of playing the game.
Mad Poster
#9842 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
You can direct Sims to cheat during chess. I accidentally clicked on the table during a game and it was possible for one of my sims. No idea if there are some requirements for that but I was so surprised. Never noticed it in 16 years of playing the game.

Generally the mean, playful sims will do cheating autonomously, and they're probably the ones you can 'persuade' to cheat. Nice ones with a sense of fair play probably won't..maybe.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9843 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
It's very simple. I guess it's probably part of someone else's bigger fixpack. Should it be uploaded?

Yes, please. It freaks out a lot of people and it’s always good to get more information out there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#9844 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 2:57 AM
A sim rolled a want today that I didn't recognize, which was to "be best friends with 5 computer-controlled characters" (as it was worded in Swedish), with the description saying he wants to get closer to some of the service sims that might help out around the house. I've never seen this want before in my life and I had no idea it existed at all.

I am Error.
Lab Assistant
#9845 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 4:26 AM
Today I found out that sims can do college research....

... while sitting on the floor...

... and standing up (girl in the background is throwing a squiggy line tantrum--don't worry, she got better )
Screenshots

(Sorry for my bad grammar; English isn't my first language.)
Lab Assistant
#9846 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 1:35 AM
That I'm an idiot. I switched from disc to the Ultimate Collection when I got my new laptop in 2020. Well, guess who never installed CEP for it and only noticed it today. Yeah, it's me. I'm the problem. It's me. If only I could remember what I had before. My old laptop won't be of help because it is basically dead. Gotta add random CEP expansions in the future see what might suddenly have recolors in my game now (again) :D
Lab Assistant
#9847 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 8:10 PM
I saw a couple of new wants that I've never seen a sim roll before, recently. Are these new to some of you, too?

- [Pet] retires from job. Seemed to be triggered when the dog became an elder. I almost never give the pets careers, so it makes sense that I never saw this before.

- To go streaking. I had no idea they would want to do this! The sim wasn't particularly outgoing or anything either. But she was a college student on a college community lot, so maybe that's part of what it requires.

- Influence [sim] to pull a prank on another sim. I never knew you could want to influence specific sims to do things. I've only ever seen generic "influence someone" wants.
Scholar
#9848 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 11:42 PM
Not a new want but a new fear: Fear of fish dying. Then feed your g**d**** fish then! I have to tell them every day to feed those fish and clean the tank. They never remember for themselves.
Lab Assistant
#9849 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 9:51 AM
ngl today I discovered that the cubic TV displays flipped images.
see what I mean

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9850 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 11:35 AM
I'm sure somebody else posted about that Cubic TV the other day.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 394 of 441