Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1526 Old 6th Apr 2023 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Early Mix of Paralives' sound track. Build mode and outside night and day. I really like the atmosphere it conveys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmTzipfBBQw

I love it! My first thought was 'oh no a toy gui.. ehm ukelele :/' But then the bass dropped and I was all there. Does Froggy come back though? The second one was more subtle but really fitted with day and night theme imo.

Weird though. To me none of the TS2/TS3/TS4 music comes close to the piano from TS1. But maybe that is just nostalgia I am also kind of biased towards piano I think.

Quote: Originally posted by pico22
So far, I like Paralives better than Life By You, mainly because it agrees better with my view of what a Sims-like game should look like. But this is also its problem: so far, it's mainly looks and if this is a race (and at least up to a certain degree it is), they are losing it. Life By You should (and probably will) launch on Sept.12 and Paralives is still only "coming soon", as it has been for a long while. It also has many more unfinished threads, as well as quite a few that have not even been started on yet; I would be surprised if it launches in a year or so. I am prepared to wait - but how many others are? Or buy both? Or all three of them - even if we don't know much about TS5, it will appear as surely as the taxman's bill.

I am interested in both for very different reasons. Paralives because of how the world looks and some of their building and other mentioned features. I prefer the lighting in Paralives compared to Life by You. But who knows what will change still for Life by You. The latter looked very alpha stage. Life by You because of the open world (don't know if Paralives will have that) and the very detailed and what seems deep customization.

But we still miss a lot of info about both games I think, so I am not sure yet.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1527 Old 7th Apr 2023 at 12:17 AM
If i remember right, the original direction of music for TS1 was like, older shopping center/mall music. Elevator music almost. I'm terrible at figuring out genres, but I'd say Paralives is going for chill indie. Indie music for an indie game. Fitting.

Mad Poster
#1528 Old 7th Apr 2023 at 12:31 AM
I had forgotten about Sims 1 music and I am partial to piano also as play. This music for P would drive me nuts. I would have to turn the sound off. I do not really notice music in Sims when building but this is IMO very repetitive and distracting.
Scholar
#1529 Old 7th Apr 2023 at 6:00 AM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 7th Apr 2023 at 4:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
If i remember right, the original direction of music for TS1 was like, older shopping center/mall music. Elevator music almost. I'm terrible at figuring out genres, but I'd say Paralives is going for chill indie. Indie music for an indie game. Fitting.

But fortunately this is what they ended up making for The Sims :
Sims 1 Music in Build Mode (youtube)
Instructor
#1530 Old 7th Apr 2023 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
[QUOTE=kirabook]If i remember right, the original direction of music for TS1 was like, older shopping center/mall music. Elevator music almost. I'm terrible at figuring out genres, but I'd say Paralives is going for chill indie. Indie music for an indie game. Fitting.

But fortunately this is what they ended up making for The Sims :
Sims 1 Music in Build Mode (youtube)

Build and buy has different tracks. Buy mode sounds like the department store style of music.

Buy mode!
Mad Poster
#1531 Old 7th Apr 2023 at 11:43 AM
I like that piano music they used in Sims 1. As said I like piano music.
Mad Poster
#1532 Old 8th Apr 2023 at 6:23 PM
Paralives and Lofi(esque) 😍 all in one??? Damn, this is getting better and better!

Now in all seriousness. I feel like they're (Paralives Team) is doing it 'right' when it comes to the music side of production for the demography their aiming. Most players from sims play to immerse into their virtual custom build/manage town sets with doll houses their built, to put their RL problems a bit aside and get off their mind. And what's better way than realaxing, chill and soothing sounds, that I feel like it's gonna appeal and not scare off (dare I conclude it be even autistic-friendly) anyone away Like heck, this music is very welcoming and doubt people will find it irksome, distasteful or not find a heart for someone, even when inevitable comparison with The Sims comes into discussion? I don't think you can wrong with this.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#1533 Old 20th Apr 2023 at 4:42 PM
I didn't think it'd go public so soon, but they have revealed the language they're going for in Paralives.

https://twitter.com/ParalivesGame/s...068594754453508
Lab Assistant
#1534 Old 20th Apr 2023 at 8:29 PM
I can see a lot of emotion in the character animations. Those are subtle animations which makes me think that the two Paras in the video are just acquaintances.

I also noticed that there are no hair physics (that ponytail was not moving naturally). I am not bothered by that and I think that making animations look lifelike is more important now. If I remember correctly, there were hair physics in some of the earlier videos showing Paralives' features which means that the developers either abandoned hair physics or this hair in particular (Sophie's ponytail) is a work in progress.
Mad Poster
#1535 Old 20th Apr 2023 at 9:36 PM
Those para are looking better to me. Less cartoon like. And I like the voices being used. This is a plus for me over LBY that they will speak.
Field Researcher
#1536 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 5:48 AM
Quick question, does this look lip synced to you? Someone else pointed out it kinda looks like it.

I haven't played Sims 3 in a couple months, I can't remember if the Sims is lip synced. It is right?
Forum Resident
#1537 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 7:11 AM
I like those voices.
Mad Poster
#1538 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 12:19 PM
Paralives might fly off with this. L4Y sucks in this term

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#1539 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 3:57 PM
I think the language is very cute!
Theorist
#1540 Old 22nd Apr 2023 at 2:06 AM
This may be coming out of no where, but is it wrong that the thing I'm most excited for about Paralives is slot-less surface placement? It sounds like such a simple thing, but of all of my complaints in The Sims series as a whole, (not just sims 4) surface slots is the most persistent and irritating across titles. Counters, tables, shelves, all of it. This mechanic has, and will always frustrate me to no end, and I always get disproportionately excited when I see videos of building in Paralives where they can just throw stuff down on a surface wherever and it doesn't snap and cling to a slot. It looks like pure magic, and I get this surge of dopamine. Yeah, sure, there are a few mods that can help with it for sims, but they are stop-gap solutions, like invisible slot fillers, or OMSPs ((STILL LOOKING FOR A G0#&%MN OMSP AT TODDLER BED HEIGHT, AND NOW WE HAVE CRIBS TOO FUGHERKUGHKGK. If you know where to find these, PLEASE let me know, because moving objects up/down height with 9/0 doesn't hit the right height.)) or someone going through and updating literally every single object in the game individually to add more slots, which no one should have to do.

I'm extremely excited to move on to life post surface slots. Is this just me?
Top Secret Researcher
#1541 Old 22nd Apr 2023 at 3:35 PM
I'm glad we have speaking Paras that aren't locked into a language. For me, so far, the language issue has been the biggest turn-off regarding LBY. This looks nice, gentle and sounds quite natural.
No thought bubble, I'm not sure how to feel about that. One of my endless amusements is trying to make some sense of the speech bubbles in the sims during conversations.
Theorist
#1542 Old 23rd Apr 2023 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I'm glad we have speaking Paras that aren't locked into a language. For me, so far, the language issue has been the biggest turn-off regarding LBY. This looks nice, gentle and sounds quite natural.
No thought bubble, I'm not sure how to feel about that. One of my endless amusements is trying to make some sense of the speech bubbles in the sims during conversations.

I agree, I prefer the fictional language approach, It keeps the conversation from sounding stale after thousands of hours of game-play. Besides, the pictures do give you a general enough idea you can make up your own inferences. Like the time my toddlers were sitting on the couch in the living room having a babble while their parents were woohoo-ing in the closet in the next room, and one of them got the 'woohoo' symbol in his speech bubble. :') good times.

In my latest save, I don't need the game to TELL me what my infant's first word was, I just REALLY want to believe it was indeed 'penguin.'
Field Researcher
#1543 Old 27th Apr 2023 at 11:08 PM
Ever since the language reveal, I realized I think the first mod I would get for Paralives would be to replace all the readable text with gibberish. Maybe a gibberish that matches Parli even if it's unofficial.
Theorist
#1544 Old 4th May 2023 at 5:51 PM

Things are getting interesting for Paralives!

Progress is being made towards a playable live mode and another patreon Patreon post was made public today.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1545 Old 4th May 2023 at 11:31 PM
Not terribly important but I like how detailed the inside of the fridge looks!

Seems Live mode is becoming more and more the focus of development.
Top Secret Researcher
#1546 Old 12th May 2023 at 2:01 AM
Photo Mode: Posing and taking pictures. Photo filters.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/68462336
Mad Poster
#1547 Old 12th May 2023 at 3:14 AM
Sigh, I am rather discouraged ATM as really neither this nor LBY is looking that good to me. I still do not like the Para in this at all. Also, IMO a lot of what they are spending time on is for stuff that is not high priority for most players, or at least me. It seems to me that they are way over micro making this thing. Get the thing done sometime in our lifetimes rather than worry about the time of day in a photo, for example, and countless other things they are IMO working on that are not needed for a base game release?

I know both are WIP but Sims with all their problems looks better and better to me the more I see of these other 2. I never tire of 3 and 4 even with its issues has good points to it. So far I would play any version of Sims over either of these two.
Field Researcher
#1548 Old 12th May 2023 at 6:14 AM
Photo mode was created almost a year ago. It's only just now being shown to the public. This feature is already well on its way to completion as they currently focus on live mode.
Mad Poster
#1549 Old 12th May 2023 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
Photo mode was created almost a year ago. It's only just now being shown to the public. This feature is already well on its way to completion as they currently focus on live mode.

That really is not the point. The point is they are spending time on things like this which probably are very low on a wish list for most people. I know is WIP but maybe their priorities are not what IMO they should be. Every second they spend on things like this camera overkill, for example, IMO is time that could have been better spent, for now.
Scholar
#1550 Old 12th May 2023 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
That really is not the point. The point is they are spending time on things like this which probably are very low on a wish list for most people. I know is WIP but maybe their priorities are not what IMO they should be. Every second they spend on things like this camera overkill, for example, IMO is time that could have been better spent, for now.

I think what @kirabook meant, is that linked patreon post is from june 2022. So this was already something shown on Patreon a year ago. They are just now showing this to people who are not member of their Patreon
Page 62 of 73