Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Want Chooser

by Lamare Posted 7th Jul 2022 at 5:12 PM - Updated 17th Jan 2023 at 4:45 PM by Lamare

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Mad Poster
#26 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 5:56 AM
@Lamare -I managed to find the link in Waterfox and ported it to FIrefox after fgging into Waterfox history.
This makes starting new towns much easier and fixes that lifetime want issue I always used to get in starting towns where I got stupid wants that were impossible to fufill.I'm taking advantage of this in my Pleasantview Epic Challange and in Harrow Creek.It's also being sued in Old Town and any other new town I start up.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#27 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 10:01 AM
It's a nice mod, but definitely only for the modern game. Which is ok, but I'd love to have it applicable to a medieval time where some careers are default replaced and LTW's are changed to reflect those.
just a girl
Original Poster
#28 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 11:13 AM
@FranH
I haven’t thought about defaults, to be honest. It may even work already, depends on how they’re made.
Do you mean these: https://historicalsims2.fandom.com/...ieval_Defaults?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 11:37 AM Last edited by Bagfran : 9th Jul 2022 at 2:29 PM.
I'm really interested in this, but I'm not sure whether it's compatible with my game, so I wonder whether you can help me please?

I have already been using a mod that changes the LTW prerequisites and also reduces the numbers of children/pets/businesses required to fulfil certain wants - i.e. Alexx58's reduced LTWs mod.

I prefer the prerequisites you have chosen, although I would still like the option to reduce some of the criteria, but I guess I can't have both!

Anyway, if I remove Alexx58's mod and install this one instead, would that affect Sims that already have their LTWs set with the reduced criteria - would it cause issues in fulfilling those LTWs, for example?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#30 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 3:39 PM
Thank you so much for this mod, Lamare. I am so sick of having to page thru want after want with the "Sim Blender" just to get a Sim the LTW that I want them to have! Again many, many thanks!
Test Subject
#31 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 5:42 PM
Hello! I love this! I use the Super Collection on Mac and it seems to mostly work fine. I have found a couple odd issues I wanted to let you know about. If I choose the "Choose LTW from All" option, it works as expected. The only issue I've found (in the short time I've played with it) is that if I choose the other option ("Choose LTW from Personally Available"), it cancels out all the interactions in the sim's queue. Also, some of the sims I tested with (and I tried both newly created sims and premades) did not have LTWs when I opened the lot. I think this is a brilliant idea. I'm not sure if the issues are due to me using a Mac or if they're part of the mod itself. Thank you for creating this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 7:10 PM
this is so awesome!!!! i was just thinking about a tool like this while playing the sims last night! i've always hated the preset LTW for some aspirations. thanks so much!!!!!
just a girl
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 7:51 PM
@Bagfran
Quote: Originally posted by Bagfran
I prefer the prerequisites you have chosen, although I would still like the option to reduce some of the criteria, but I guess I can't have both!

You can, actually! If I understood you correctly, what you want is done by changing a number in a file. For my upcoming post with new LTWs I'm planning to write a tutorial on how to do that.

Anyway, if I remove Alexx58's mod and install this one instead, would that affect Sims that already have their LTWs set with the reduced criteria - would it cause issues in fulfilling those LTWs, for example?

I don't think it would. When I was changing amounts during testing, sims that already had a lifetime want assigned, still had the old amount, although I haven't played long enough in that situation to see it through fulfillment, so I'm a bit uncertain.
Also, I don't know which version you use, but I looked at the classic version, and it doesn't seem to conflict with this chooser. It will conflict with my upcoming stuff, though, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

@annegirl1321
Quote: Originally posted by annegirl1321
The only issue I've found (in the short time I've played with it) is that if I choose the other option ("Choose LTW from Personally Available"), it cancels out all the interactions in the sim's queue. Also, some of the sims I tested with (and I tried both newly created sims and premades) did not have LTWs when I opened the lot. I think this is a brilliant idea. I'm not sure if the issues are due to me using a Mac or if they're part of the mod itself. Thank you for creating this!

Sims don't get an ltw right away when they age up, but I think they should get one when you load the lot, so that's weird. Are my preconditions too strict? I'll have to think about it, thanks for the report. It maybe due to game version, yes. You have all the EPs up to Bon Voyage, right?
Test Subject
#34 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 7:55 PM
Just to add to your list of conflicting mods, so others may know about it, there's also simNopke's noPetsLTWs -- which obviously isn't a problem, now that your mod made it so much easier to change a sim's LTW.

Now, out of curiosity, since you're going to release new LTWs:
> I don't use TashaFaun Firefighter career (for which Rio made a custom LTW), but Katatty's edit of one originally created by tiger625. This one has career levels with different descriptions, chance cards, the firetruck as the carpool and Maxis' fire fighter outfit set as the career outfit. (katatty.tumblr.com/post/647018683873591297 - katatty.tumblr.com/post/625158072513576960.)
> I also have Epi-sims' symphonic music custom career, which would also be a good choice for a custom LTW. (episims.tumblr.com/post/622887885577879552)
So what I want to ask: are custom LTWs for these careers part of your pack of 50 new LTWs? If not, and if you ever take suggestions, would you ever consider these two careers for future additions, please?

Again, thank you for your hard work. It's unbelievable that this is now something I can easily do in my game!
just a girl
Original Poster
#35 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 8:24 PM
@nosferatuman, thanks, added the conflict to the list.
The LTWs you described are not part of my pack, and I plan to stop at 50 for now. We'll see how it goes. Maybe you would interest Rio in the first one.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
@Bagfran

You can, actually! If I understood you correctly, what you want is done by changing a number in a file. For my upcoming post with new LTWs I'm planning to write a tutorial on how to do that.

I don't think it would. When I was changing amounts during testing, sims that already had a lifetime want assigned, still had the old amount, although I haven't played long enough in that situation to see it through fulfillment, so I'm a bit uncertain.
Also, I don't know which version you use, but I looked at the classic version, and it doesn't seem to conflict with this chooser. It will conflict with my upcoming stuff, though, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thanks for your reply, @lamare!

I’m using the version of Alexx58’s mod that changes the LTW prerequisites to take into consideration hobby enthusiasm, so I think it probably would conflict with yours? I don’t mind switching it, as it wasn’t really working very well for me anyway, and I prefer the sound of yours. It’s just a question of whether swapping it for yours would cause any issues with my existing Sims. It sounds like a case of try it and see?

And a tutorial on how to customise LTWs by changing the number of things needed to fulfil them would be of great interest!
just a girl
Original Poster
#37 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 9:41 PM
I’m using the version of Alexx58’s mod that changes the LTW prerequisites to take into consideration hobby enthusiasm, so I think it probably would conflict with yours?

Yes, it would conflict. If your version also has University career LTWs, leave it be for now and have my chooser load after it to override prerequisites. Later on, I will release separate files for Uni careers, without additional files, so that everything is modular for you to pick and choose your own set of wants and features. So, don't remove Alex's mod just yet, especially if your sims have memories of fulfilling Uni LTWs.
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 10:21 PM
@annegirl1321

Sims don't get an ltw right away when they age up, but I think they should get one when you load the lot, so that's weird. Are my preconditions too strict? I'll have to think about it, thanks for the report. It maybe due to game version, yes. You have all the EPs up to Bon Voyage, right?

Correct. I believe it comes with everything up through Bon Voyage and then Happy Holiday Stuff, Family Fun Stuff, and Glamour Life Stuff. I am willing to keep testing if you need me to! Thanks for the response.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 2:03 AM
@FranH
I haven’t thought about defaults, to be honest. It may even work already, depends on how they’re made.
Do you mean these: https://historicalsims2.fandom.com/...ieval_Defaults?

yes, those are the defaults I have in the game-the careers have different (custom made) LTWs and they probably won't show up in the output for your mod. (I really don't know, because I saw the line about the mod not doing the customized ones at all)

I'd love to use it in the game because if there's nothing more irritating than seeing, "Wants to become Head of SCIA" when the career is not exactly the same thing.
But it's just my preference, not everyone's. Just throwing it out there.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
just a girl
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 2:47 AM
@FranH, I understand what you're saying.
OK, I looked at a couple of files. The LTWs are not custom, they just pick up custom job titles. That makes things easier. Unfortunately, the creators of the defaults didn't think to replace the names and icons of corresponding memories, so if you were to fulfil a lifetime want, say, for Medieval Courtier or Cookery, you'll see original text and icon in memories (Show Business or Culinary). If someone fixed that oversight and uploaded defaults for corresponding memories as well, then you won't see any "Head of SCIA" texts anywhere. The careers are old, someone must have noticed they haven't edited the memories and fixed them? I'm not seeing any updates, but maybe you know better where to look (I'm not in the loop with medieval stuff at all).
Mad Poster
#41 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 5:18 AM Last edited by grammapat : 10th Jul 2022 at 6:01 AM.
After years wanting this, and asking a few times - only to be told it was impossible...thank you for doing the impossible!
Question about the mods I already have..should I remove all?
Boiling oil "wants & want tuning" - they don't go in downloads.
Insim "any LTW for all aspirations"
and other from unknown creators, so I only have the .package names:
"wants", "want tuning", "LTW numbers tweaks", "unit ws", "alex LTW_xp.reduced for any"
Am going to try removing all of these (except Boiling oil)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#42 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 9:27 AM
I would play it safe and remove those other things before installing this and it looks like it fixes many of the want issues anyways.
@grammapat -I've been wanting the same thing because I always ated getting lifetime wants for careers when starting out a new town where nobody will be taking any jobs because the population in the new town is going to be very small for a long while yet.
just a girl
Original Poster
#43 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 4:16 PM
@grammapat, let's see.
- Boiling oil "wants & want tuning" - are these custom wants? I can't find info about this mod.
- Insim "any LTW for all aspirations" - this one sounds like it would definitely conflict.
- "unit ws" - did you mean "uni ltws" maybe? You don't have to remove this one, if these are university lifetime wants.
- "LTW numbers tweaks" - this doesn't sound conflicting in regards to the Chooser, but doesn't it conflict with "alex LTW_xp.reduced for any"? Don't they do the same thing? I only know about Alex's mod and it does tweak ltw numbers. And it also has uni ltws.
- "alex LTW_xp.reduced for any" - this one will conflict, make the Chooser load after it, if you keep it.
You seem to have more than one mod with uni ltws, judging by the names. You should keep at least one of them. If it has other features, make my mod load after it and see if it works.

@TadOlson, some mods have more features than changed prerequisites, so people shouldn't just remove everything without thinking what it is.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 9:12 PM
Okay, this is such a great mod, so, first of all, thank you ..if im choosing a LTW from the list, in this case, from all or from personally, my sim gets a totally different lifetime want, for example, im choosing for him "Business Tycoon" the sim gets a different one, and if i'm choosing again the same "Business Tycoon" the sim gets again a different lifetime want. I don't really know what i've did wrong, but i've followed the install instructions. Maybe the loading order is somehow mixmatched, i don't know, but this is such a great mod, i have to find the problem.
just a girl
Original Poster
#45 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 9:19 PM
Hey @kaligi
You probably have a conflicting mod.
1. You have an LTW that is not supported by this mod. Let me know, and I'll add it. 2. There's a conflict with a custom LTW or a mod that changes maxis wants' conditions. Make sure the Chooser loads last, and it should work as intended.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 11:18 PM
I would check that it won't damage the game first though it might be fine to remove them if they won't damage the game when removed though any creating NPC's would have to stay in the game and some can still cause other issues if removed.I would check the documentation on each of them before doing anything else or create a new TS2 folder without those conflicting Mods if they might corrupt towns when removed.I'd just start new towns in that folder.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#47 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 12:09 AM
Thank you so much!!! I'm just double checking that this includes the Uni LTW so that I can put my original Wants & WantTuning files back. The ones I have right now are Squinge's that add the Uni LTW as options. It's good to double check sometimes because I don't always understand straight away, LOL.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 12:49 AM
Hey @kaligi
You probably have a conflicting mod.
1. You have an LTW that is not supported by this mod. Let me know, and I'll add it. 2. There's a conflict with a custom LTW or a mod that changes maxis wants' conditions. Make sure the Chooser loads last, and it should work as intended.

Im not using any custom LTW's, the only two i have in game is from Lifetime Stories, thats all. The Chooser loads as last of course, now i have another problem to solve and i already hate it. There is a bug sometimes, when you call a gardener, he/she comes on the next day and multiples himself/herself countless times lol
just a girl
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 5:03 AM
@Fyren5, no, this does not include Uni LTWs (only check functions for them), so don't remove those files just yet. However, I plan to include Uni LTWs with my upcoming set. The end goal is to make everything modular, so that people can put together their personal set of lifetime wants more easily and without having to replace the original files.

@kaligi, let's try to get to the bottom of this.
1. Do you remember what lifetime wants were popping up instead of Business Tycoon?
2. What is your latest pack? If it's Bon Voyage or an earlier pack, wait for an update, there's a compatibility issue.
3. Could you run a conflict detection program (if you haven't already) and tell me if anything conflicts with the chooser? Your experience does seem like a conflict.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 2:23 PM
@Lamare, the first one was Rock God and the second one was becoming the Law. Im playing with the Ultimate Collection. Funny thing is, since yesterday i've installed this one (and it works now): http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91609.0.html already had: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=8793.0 from this topic the uni_ltws_sns-going in the Downloads folder, and the two LS careers, they're going in the bins folder (since im using the UC, the installation folder-Fun with Pets-SP9-TSData-Res-Catalog-Bins. And of course your two mods from here. Your chooser conflicts with: http://cyjon.net/node/187 and http://cyjon.net/node/142 but im guessing, these two are using also the same resources, this is why, but, until now i don't had any major problems.
Page 2 of 7