Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible Driveway & Extensions

by roddyaleixo Posted 19th Sep 2005 at 9:58 AM - Updated 10th May 2006 at 4:19 AM by roddyaleixo

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 233 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 1:25 PM
Great job ! thank you very much !
Test Subject
#27 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 9:19 PM
I was wondering if someone would make this! ... frogs bite? *stays away from frogs*
Thanks so much :O!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jron7667
The Boolprop locktiles cheat doesn't work for me. What should I do exactly. I use boolprop a lot so am familiar with the terms.

when typing "boolprop locktiles false", you should be able to place floor tiles on the street and simillar areas... This creates the possibility to join the floors from the street and driveways, get rid of the sidewalk, etc... I hope i am making sense.. I think i should take out that information out of my thread, because it might confuse people...

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:38 AM
Meh, i find it a lot better movin anything i want, so meh!
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:39 AM Last edited by JOSH : 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:40 AM. Reason: wrong letter
But still, i love your work on this!
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 4:41 AM
good things!!!!
u have made what i wanted!!
thank you so much~~^_^

RAIN GO RAIN
IT'S RAINING~IT'S RAINING!!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 10:41 PM
Been wanting this object, great!
And that cheat is "boolprop locktiles false (or) true" - very handy and I don't think moveobjects does the same actually, but I have to check that...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 3:45 AM
Default Thanks
Thanks a ton. My wife and I were hoping that someone would do this. DL'd it and will try it out.

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 9:28 AM
Great! I wonder if I can put tiles below it...

Onlly Illusion brings disillusion
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 10:08 AM
Well I woke up this morning thinking I had to make something like this and you've gone & saved me the trouble - so big thanks.

The only question that remains is why Maxis didn't ship this option with the game - like doh!
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 2:02 PM
Rock! Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jfreddog
Great! I wonder if I can put tiles below it...

That is the purpose
Unless you want a grassy road...

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 10:55 PM
Great work )
Thanx a billion, i was really tierd of the old options.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#39 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paigeturnersims
Been wanting this object, great!
And that cheat is "boolprop locktiles false (or) true" - very handy and I don't think moveobjects does the same actually, but I have to check that...

It does. :nod:
Locktiles is alot safer though because it doesn't include the possibility of accidently deleting the mailbox or something.
#40 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 8:26 PM
What a great idea! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 2:38 AM
Excellent! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 4:01 PM
i love this!! i requested for something like this the day i got nightlife lol. I hated the maxis driveways. Except for the yellow brick one, but somehow they messed up with that one, because there is also a floor in the same pattern but that one is a bit lighter so they do'nt even match. So again THANK YOU!

I'm just a guy, who likes guys :D
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 1:53 AM Last edited by luizamonteiro : 28th Sep 2005 at 1:56 AM. Reason: Wanted to exercise my native lenguage!
Lovely. I got sick of those awful garages the moment I looked at them, and I was like, "oh my, do my favorite Sims (to whom I give everything) have to place this monster on their beautiful garden?" THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Ou melhor, já que somos ambos brasileiros, vou ignorar esse bando de gringos e te agradecer em português, garagens invisíveis são como um sonho pra mim, a Maxis pra variar fez um trabalho detestável... :salute:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 5:52 AM
Thanks for your compliments Luiza and everyone, i really appreciate them! Its flattering to know you are making people happy with such simple things.. and this motivates me to go on... You know.. Even while I'm sad or upset for something in real life (like now), its really nice to get in here and see wonderful compliments by our huge and fine community... These simple things usually make me stronger, making me capable to face my problems and solve them. Just because I know somehow I do get valorized... even if its for silly things... But these small silly things gets me to think huge
I don't know why I am typing this here.. I just felt in the need to do so.. but however, i don't want to go offtopic..
Once again, thank you!

Test Subject
#45 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 4:21 PM
Thank you so much! Its just what we needed!
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 8:25 PM
Tahnk you!!
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!![/COLOR]

:talk: :mdance: :dance: :laugh: :jig: :elephant:

O god, I'm addicted to The Sims 2!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#47 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 4:16 AM
oh this is wonderful! as a chronic downloader, i have TONS of floor tiles. now i have another use for them. thanks!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 11:29 PM
I was hoping people would make some recolors, but I didn't even think of this, what a great idea. This will come in very handy, thank you.
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 5:33 AM
Brilliant Idea. But I am having problems. I downloades the inveisble driveway and the recolors by Skyx. Now I can't get the driveways to stay. The extension will stay but not the driveway that crosses the sidewalk. I read about the boolprop locktiles true/false. Maybe this will cure my problem.

[[COLOR=DarkRed]Debby[/COLOR]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 6:38 AM
maybe that is because you are using move_objects on... you cant place driveways while this cheat is on...

Page 2 of 11