Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drinks For Your Sims - updated for patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Apr 2010 at 8:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_

338 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 270 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 14
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 6:55 PM
simmingoldskoll: Was the "Complain about school" interaction carried out succesfully?

ninedoors: No idea, maybe, maybe not, but most likely yes.

wheatberry: There's nothing much to explain, it's just the getting electrecuted animation. And if you are translating, please check the list of languages, I updated it and marked the ones I already have.
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 6:52 PM
I have no idea of how to mod, but did have a couple of requests for future versions if possible:

a: A way of turning off the autonomous nature of the mod for pregnant sims(I'm not sure if I want even my party animal sims drinking while pregnant).

b: If possible, can chance of drunkeness by tied to body weight? Typically, smaller people feel the effects of liquor faster than heavier people. Maybe that's getting too complicated.

THANK YOU for all the great mods. I hope we don't overhelm or discourage you with all these tweak requests, because we're all just excited because this seems like a major mod breakthrough.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 8:05 PM
I have something that is keeping this mod from working. I am looking to find it now. Also is there anyway that maybe woohooing could be a side effect as well. I would love to give my sims a lasting reminder of being dumb and geting drunk. The working bed, Dexter Bear and drunk it sounds like a party to me
Test Subject
#54 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 9:46 PM
Yay! I only have TS3 on my pc right now for a project I'm working on but as soon as its done I'm loading up WA and taking this baby for a spin! Thanks Ani. It looks like it wil be a lot of fun.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 10:53 PM
Ani, this mod works perfectly for me, its funny to see a lot of stupidity all around. But I detected a little "issue": the mod appears in english and you have said that there are two spanish versions inside. My game is spanish of Spain but nothing is shown in my language. Are you sure that this is properly translated? Could you please take a look into the stringtable in spanish to see what happens?
This is a report post, I have thanked it before officially, but Thanks again!!!
Test Subject
#56 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 11:30 PM
Woo-hoo!! Awesome!!
Test Subject
#57 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
simmingoldskoll: Was the "Complain about school" interaction carried out succesfully?

I think it was successful but I am not 100% sure. I was playing with a family of 8 so it's hard to keep up with everything.

Will see if I can cause it again next time I play.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 4:18 AM
simmingoldskoll: The method I use to retrieve the random interaction related to other people seems to return all interactions for both people, so that's why you got an interaction that actually belonged to the teen. I don't consider it being a bug, unless the command is not executed. Some interactios that sims get, are not always executable by the person who drank, that's why when you get an interaction done to oters, the game will try five times to give you the interaction, but if on all times it's something that the drunk sim can't do, you just get a random interaction done to yourself. So basicallly, you should never end up in a situation where the interaction is not executed.

nanisim: The current version only had finnish translation, any other translations will come when I update.

katierose33: Theoretically it's possible that one of the interactions I get through the method that returns them all is WooHoo, but I'm not intentionally going to make it. The most dramatic drunk effect was when my test sim got the interaction to break up with his wife.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 4:46 PM Last edited by eduardog3000 : 22nd Apr 2010 at 5:45 PM.
Make a one of the interactions with others be try for baby/woohoo, especially if they are both drunk

--
Eduardog3000
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 6:10 PM
Thank you for the update
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 4:09 AM
Looking forward to taking this one for a ride.

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Banned
#62 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 4:14 PM
I took the mod out because it seemed to be causing a problem with some of my sims. They would take a drink, at the bar. They would then get a -150 mood drop (from party) which would last 2 days. To make themselves feel better, they would drink some more from the bar. A -150 mood drop seems pretty draconian. Very few hangovers last two days.

I don't know if it was from this mod alone, or was the product of interacting with something else. The problem stopped when I removed the mod.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 5:58 PM
tjstreak: Yep, that's pretty much how it goes, you get a +200 suger rush and a -150 nauseaus moodlet, and because they come at the same time the -150 will not hit you untill the sugar rush goes away. I assume from your post that you didn't read the text from the intro page, I expalin it all there, I also explain how the hangover moodlet works and how it's incremented. What I also explained in the intro page is how you can edit the moodlet values to your own likening. Meaning if you don't like the hangover part, you can set it to 0.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#64 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 1:02 PM
You're good. Real good. Thanks for another wonderful mod, Ani!
Test Subject
#65 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 3:19 PM
The Swedish translation;

- 'Sing': Sjung
- 'Pass Out': Svimma
- 'Get Drunk': Bli full
- 'Wet Self': Kissa på dig
- 'Change To Random Outfit': Byt till slumpmässig utstyrsel
- 'Get Naked': Klä av dig
- 'Bad Buzz': Dåligt surr
- 'Cry': Gråt
- 'Drunk Hysteria': Fyllehysteri

Bad Buzz is translated very literally but I think it works. If someone has a better idea for it they're very welcome to add to it xD And the same for random outfit.

Anyways, awesome mod!
Test Subject
#66 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 2:13 AM
Hi for some reason mine isnt showing up... i have WA and put it in the packages file and everything.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 1st May 2010 at 5:28 AM
I really like this mod, totally awesome and thank you. But I can't get it to work in my game, it's too frustertaing for me to figure out how to install it. I'm sorry. I've tried following the manual and automatic tutorials, but they didn't work and too confusing. I have have WA and such, but just can't figure it out.....too complicated. I'm not stupid, it just won't work for me. perhaps make a similar mod for others who are having problems and make it easier to install like some of the other mods in the mod downloads section. just a suggestion

Please list the expantion packs/stuff packs needed for your downloads and give credit where it's due. It does make a difference.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 6th May 2010 at 1:08 AM
Been tinkering with this mod for a week or so now, customizing it to my liking and such (it's not getting uploaded anywhere), and I've run into a couple oddities. The same things happen with only the original copy your mod and AwesomeMod active, so I know it's not my doing.

1. The menu doesn't show on trays/glasses spawned on community lots. The only way I've been able to get it to work is to enter build mode via debug, buy something, then return to live mode.

2. You've stated that the interaction currently appears on the nectar trays. Oddly enough, in my game, it doesn't. I actually want it there, but I'm at a complete loss as to what's keeping it from being added. Did you ninja a fix in and forget to mention it?

I'm still pretty new at the whole code modding thing, so there's a pretty good chance I just have no idea what I'm talking about or doing. Hurr.

@FoxyPink: It installs just like any other package file. I'm not sure why you think it has some bizarre installation method.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 6th May 2010 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saikatsu
1. The menu doesn't show on trays/glasses spawned on community lots. The only way I've been able to get it to work is to enter build mode via debug, buy something, then return to live mode.

What do you mean by spawned? I've been using it in community lots since the first version was working. it should appear normally when you make drinks. Of course the action listener waits for the buy command so it can add the overrided make drink bar interactions to the bar. So if you are pulling the tray out of thin air, it will not have the interaction because it's added in the overrided make drink interactions.

Quote: Originally posted by Saikatsu
2. You've stated that the interaction currently appears on the nectar trays. Oddly enough, in my game, it doesn't. I actually want it there, but I'm at a complete loss as to what's keeping it from being added. Did you ninja a fix in and forget to mention it?
It only appears in the nectar tray if the if there is a served tray of nectar, when you start up the game. I didn't add the interaction to the nectar serving process, so it will not show up if you serve nectar.

FoxyPink: I'm pretty sure your framework is to blame, as if that's not installed properly, mods don't work.
Test Subject
#70 Old 6th May 2010 at 3:05 PM
Heelp :S I need to control the "drunk"... this is possible? A drunken man is not only bad one (get naked, cry etc...) after drinking is beginning ... Please
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 7th May 2010 at 7:05 AM
What do you mean by spawned? I've been using it in community lots since the first version was working. it should appear normally when you make drinks. Of course the action listener waits for the buy command so it can add the overrided make drink bar interactions to the bar. So if you are pulling the tray out of thin air, it will not have the interaction because it's added in the overrided make drink interactions.

I just mean when they're created, I'm not using any other way to create the tray or anything.

I went back and tried it slightly differently: this time I added the bar to the community lot, saved, went back to the main menu, reloaded the world, sent a sim over and queued up Make Drinks. The new interaction showed up on the glasses and tray without having to add a new object via build mode.
My (uneducated) guess would be that since the only event being watched is buying something from build mode, it doesn't modify bars on community lots outside of the initial world loading. No idea on which event would be added to the listener to fix it, but I can easily work around it.

It only appears in the nectar tray if the if there is a served tray of nectar, when you start up the game. I didn't add the interaction to the nectar serving process, so it will not show up if you serve nectar.

Ahh, gotcha. Should've known it was that. Still have a long way to go before I get the hang of this, haha.
Test Subject
#72 Old 9th May 2010 at 2:20 PM Last edited by classicplayer : 13th May 2010 at 2:55 PM.
the italian translation:

- Sing = Canta
- Pass Out = Svieni
- Get Drunk = Ubriàcati
- Wet Self = Fattela Addosso
- Change To Random Outfit = Cambia in Abbigliamento Casuale
- Get Naked': Spògliati
- Bad Buzz = Stai Male
- Cry = Piangi
- Drunk Hysteria = Ubriachezza isterica

OK that's all, thanks a lot for your wonderful mod, Ani

Test Subject
#73 Old 9th May 2010 at 10:28 PM
Sweedih and Danish translating
Sweedish translation
Sing = Sjunga
Pass out = Svimma
Get drunk = Bli full
Wet self = Våt själv
Change to random outfit = Byta till random kläder
Get naked = Klär av
Bad buzz = Dålig buzz (dålig känsla)
Cry = Gråta
Drunk hysteria = full hysteri, which has a different meaning, not sure how you say this is sweedish.

Dansih translation

Sing = Synge
Pass out = besvimer
Get drunk = Drikke sig fuld
Wet self = våd selvstændige
Change to random outfit = Skift til tilfældige tøj
Get naked = smide tøjet
Bad buzz = dårlig brummer
Cry = græde
Drunk hysteria = beruset hysteri

I'm born in Norway but lived a few years in sweden, also my knowledge of Danish is very pleasent, and I can speak and write both languages.
Test Subject
#74 Old 11th May 2010 at 6:39 PM
Polish :
'Sing' - "Śpiewaj"
'Pass Out' - "Zemdlej"
'Get Drunk' - "Upij się"
'Wet Self' - "Zmocz się"
'Change To Random Outfit' - "Zmień ubranie"
'Get Naked' - "Rozbierz się"
'Bad Buzz' - "Wnerwiaj" ? No idea XD
'Cry' - "Płacz"
'Drunk Hysteria' - "Histeryzuj po pijaku"

It's a great idea, I always wanted it in TS3
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th May 2010 at 5:10 AM
This will definetly add some humour to the game. Thanks!
Page 3 of 14