Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drinks For Your Sims - updated for patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Apr 2010 at 8:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_

338 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 270 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 14
Field Researcher
#76 Old 14th May 2010 at 5:20 AM
Id like to see a version of this that instead of a separate option simply gives a random chance of getting drunk to all drinks, including when a sim chooses to have a single glass rather than a tray. Possibly you could make it based on hunger, so the more hungry a sim is, the higher the chance of getting drunk.
Test Subject
#77 Old 16th May 2010 at 1:37 AM
haha, i wasn't expecting this to be so funny! My sim gets drunk and gets naked, his new neighbors come to welcome him to the neighborhood, and they get themselves drunk, so I've got one guy passed out on the floor, my sim naked, and the other two insulting each other. This is fantastic!
Test Subject
#78 Old 16th May 2010 at 5:55 PM
Sorry, if this was mentioned. I'm in a rush no time to read all comments. Anyway, thank you so much for this. I would love to see a Have a Drink option instead of Drink Juice, with no random action or hangover like for Sims who just want a drink after a long day at work. And then also have a Get Drunk option for Sims who want to party. This way it functions the way a real bar should function, lol. If a sim wants juice why wouldnt he just get juice from the fridge. Its stupid how EA is trying to sneak alcohol in the game but hello, its not alcohol if its juice
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 18th May 2010 at 3:11 AM
Make a one of the interactions with others be try for baby/woohoo, especially if they are both drunk

--
Eduardog3000
Scholar
#80 Old 26th May 2010 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anach
Id like to see a version of this that instead of a separate option simply gives a random chance of getting drunk to all drinks, including when a sim chooses to have a single glass rather than a tray. Possibly you could make it based on hunger, so the more hungry a sim is, the higher the chance of getting drunk.

I like Anachs' idea as well as Eduardog3000s'..if possible, I'd like to see both actions added....great mod, love it, btw.. Thank you for sharing it!
Test Subject
#81 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:36 PM
I downloaded this mod, but it doesn't work. I have WA (I don't know what version, though) and the "get drunk" interaction doesn't show up when I click on the trays of glasses. Any thoughts? I know I have the framework installed correctly because all the other custom content/mods I use work.
Test Subject
#82 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:57 AM
Fun Mod And yeah, kids can get drunk
Test Subject
#83 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:15 AM
This use to work for me, but now when they go to the bar ,they just stand there and I have to reset them.Could this be from the latest patch?
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mujersexyc
This use to work for me, but now when they go to the bar ,they just stand there and I have to reset them.Could this be from the latest patch?

Yes, did you try the updated version ?
Test Subject
#85 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babboo
Yes, did you try the updated version ?

yes
Test Subject
#86 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:41 PM
Is it possible to mod this thing so some of sims will get addicted to alcohol, if they drink a lot, and feel bad when not had a drink for a long time, maybe like a bad moodlet that stays until you go to hospital/or spa or something and stay a while for rehab. It maybe only or more often should be sims with traits like Easily Impressed, Loser, Neurotic, Over-Emotional, Unlucky or something like that. Maybe workaholic and Party Animal can be immune. This is just thoughts about it and if it can be done, I understand if there is changes from my suggestions and if it take long time to do. Just think it could be a good (bad) part of the "drunk in game".
Many thanks anyway for fun mod.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mujersexyc
yes

Maybe you should erase the bar and buy a new one ... That what happened to me when I installed Ambitions with the old file, but I didn't experience that again since I replaced it with the updated file... But ani_ pointed that it is a "test version" so I don't know ...
Test Subject
#88 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babboo
Maybe you should erase the bar and buy a new one ... That what happened to me when I installed Ambitions with the old file, but I didn't experience that again since I replaced it with the updated file... But ani_ pointed that it is a "test version" so I don't know ...

I did that too...............
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:10 AM
Did you try looking for possible conflict with Dashboard, and take this mod out your folder, play, save, then put it back again (redownload it) and see ...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#90 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:13 AM
It seems i will have a bit of internet access this week, so here we go.
Mujersexyc: That (Sims gettin stuck) happened to me when I tried the old mod and had installed ambition. Do you have ambition or only the new patch?

First of all, make double sure you dont have the old version anywhere still installed, then empty your cache files, if you dont know how use Delphies dashboard, its in downloads -> programs.

Worst case scenario this will not work with the new patch, but only with ambition.
Test Subject
#91 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 1:10 PM
Wow thanks for all the repiles.Yes I have the old version b/c I dont have ambition.I never heard of the delphies dashboard, but I will try what u said and let yall know how it goes thanks everyone for your help........................
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
empty your cache files

That's what I forgot to write !!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#93 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 4:58 PM
Mujersexyc if you updated your game you need to update the mod.
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anach

i love it.
Test Subject
#95 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodier1128
I have some rough thai training as well as an English --> thai dictionary. If anyone wants to correct feel free. Ones with * may be uncommon use or odd to someone who speaks thai. I'm not every fluent X____x

Sing : ร้องเพลง
Pass Out* : สลบเหมือด
Get Drunk : เป็นเมา
Wet Self* : สีดิน (Translated as "Soil Pants")
Change to Random Outfit : เปลี่ยนเสื้อผ้า
Take off Clothes* : ถอดเสื้อผ้า
Bad Buzz* : อาการเมาค้าง (Translated as Hangover)
Cry : ร้องไห้
Drunk Hysteria : ฮิสทีเรียเมา

Will there be a Lao or Khmer version of the translation???

Ain't nothin but a Sim Thang....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:33 PM
lagger123987: If somebody gives me the text, I can add them.

Ive been thinking a lot about your requests to modify the mod. First I thought I liked it the way it is, but now I don't any more. What changed my mind is that before, I only used it in my night club, and usually then I was having a party there so it made sense people got all drunk. But now, I also have a nicer bar in my hood (the one from twinbrooks), and I noticed that I don't like that a casual drinker would get as big of a hangover that as a person who is in a party.

I actually like Anach's idea, that instead of a separate option, all drinking gets you drunk. But I'm not keen about the random drunkness or having it based on hunger, because drinking will reduce hunger, so I cant really base it on that.

What I'm thinking is that maybe instead of a static hangover value, it depends on how many drinks you have taken. Basically the same way the hangover time is incremented, maybe the hangover value could be incremented as well. This idea is still in the thinking process, if anybody has a better idea please tell.
Test Subject
#97 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:30 PM
Thanks so much! Been looking all over for my sims to get drunk
Test Subject
#98 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 6:10 PM
It would be cool if you added in more items to get drunk with. Instead of default nectar, expand the selection...

Great mod!
Instructor
#99 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:06 PM
Here are the Spanish translations:

Spanish (Spain):

- 'Sing' → 'Cantar'
- 'Pass Out' → 'Desmayarse'
- 'Get Drunk' → 'Emborracharse'
- 'Wet Self' → 'Hacerse encima'
- 'Change To Random Outfit' → 'Elegir un atuendo al azar'
- 'Get Naked' → 'Desvestirse'
- 'Bad Buzz' → 'Electrocutarse'
- 'Cry' → 'Llorar'
- 'Drunk Hysteria' → 'Borrachera histérica'

Spanish (Mexico):

- 'Sing' → 'Canta'
- 'Pass Out' → 'Desmáyate'
- 'Get Drunk' → 'Emborráchate'
- 'Wet Self' → 'Hazte encima'
- 'Change To Random Outfit' → 'Elige un atuendo al azar'
- 'Get Naked' → 'Desvístete'
- 'Bad Buzz' → 'Electrocútate'
- 'Cry' → 'Llora'
- 'Drunk Hysteria' → 'Borrachera histérica'
Test Subject
#100 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 7:09 PM
Any way to make Sims get drunk autonomously like they did before the Ambitions update?
Page 4 of 14