Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sony Playstation 2 - Testers Needed - UPDATED 2/21/04

by Kabismeboy Posted 19th Feb 2005 at 9:17 PM - Updated 18th Dec 2008 at 9:51 PM by -Maylin-

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 113 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 6:35 AM
when i used it, it was green also
#27 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 6:38 AM
Green for me
Banned
#28 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 10:19 AM
Ei Kabismeboy, U have a little competion. Useruser used my mesh and is making a PS2 also. He's almost done
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeathFox
Ei Kabismeboy, U have a little competion. Useruser used my mesh and is making a PS2 also. He's almost done

Yes... he actually did make one but it didn't have the usb ports or the start and eject buttons. So I didn't use his. And I don't think he knows how to put it in the game either

But its all good :D
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 2:26 PM
the mesh you have kabismeboy is my mesh! the one that deathfox gave me was used as a template for the one that you have now so where am i on the credit list
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 3:17 PM
It looks great but when i tested it in my game it was green........I don't think that it has to be green.....

Hi :)
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 3:40 PM
This Ps2 needs some major fixes. Might I suggest that you add a Ps2 description instead of the Maxis system oh and the green thing must be fixed.
Test Subject
#33 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucky_luke
thx thats so cool all we need now is a gc,gameboy ds and a psp but now with the ps2 i am happy

*could you make a xbox live or ps2 online head set (you could make it for a mask or something) then i can make i movie about the sims playing others sims on ps2 online or xbox live ?!?!

um its nintendo ds... (nds)
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 6:27 PM
The green issue is because of the materials that were originally intended for the Gamingsystem; they have a very green specular tint. I had this same problem on my X-Box. It can be fixed by simply setting the MatSpecCoef to 0,0,0. Do this on any MaterialDefinition file that has something to do with "system" or "controller" (says in it's name).
If you want it to have a little bit of a specular, but not green, find the color you want in a Paint program, and divide each RGB value by 256. It will give you decimals which are the coefs. For example, light grey 208,208,208 would be .81,.81,.81

By the way, Kabismeboy, check my post in useruser's thread.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 8:35 PM
i tested mine and its just....awesome!!!! ..its black "as should be LOL" and works perfect...like i said before YOU FREAKING ROCK!!!!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 3:00 AM
bumping this thread to get it atop the theif's.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 5:54 AM
will it replace the todd xbox or maxis thing?
Love it:p
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shaythong8
will it replace the todd xbox or maxis thing?
Love it:p

Nope. I have both in my game.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 6:30 AM
The new version works good now, no longer green.

To answer shaythong8's question, nope the console won't replace either, but the controllers still replace Maxis controllers:

Basically what was done to make the X-Box controllers operate only for the X-Box, was the BHAVs of the X-Box were modified to call upon a new controller GUID. The SemiGlobal behavior functions were imported into the X-Box file, turning them into Private functions, which were then edited one by one to call upon a new GUID. I myself didn't actually do the BHAV editing, my friend by the alias of 'raquelcesar' did. For more in depth instructions on how to go about doing this, look him up and maybe he will help you out.
Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 9:14 AM
kabismeboy is pulling your chain i spent time on the mesh's and only whent to him because i wanted it put in the game. i will not be askin him again. ask deathfox he gave me all rights to the mesh in a pm just ask him
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 12:48 PM
Kabismeboy, I am the one who fixed the Xbox's controllers problem. I will do the same for your PS2 if you provide me a new registered GUID for the controller.

By the way, pippi420 and ShortyBoo,I think I discovered the reason for Xbox conflicting with the baby bassinette. It is a problem with duplicate texture names. Renaming the texture apparently solves the conflict. I already informed Todd on this and he will be releasing an update soon. Be attent to his thread :D
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 1:32 PM
One question before I download. is the controller issue fixed because I don't want my Maxis console to be screwed up. Oh and Todd your Xbox is the best object I've downloaded.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerLu442
One question before I download. is the controller issue fixed because I don't want my Maxis console to be screwed up. Oh and Todd your Xbox is the best object I've downloaded.

To answer SimmerLu442's question, the controllers still replace Maxis controllers :blah:

:damnu:
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 1:20 AM
Still bad...bump.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:03 AM
Done! Kabismeboy sent me the GUID for the PS2 controllers and I fixed them. Now every game system in the game should use its own controllers.

I am posting a zip file that contains the new packages for the PS2 game system and controller. Note that you must replace the two older packages in the downloads folder since I modified both files. In fact, the two objects are interdependent: each object refers to the other object's specific GUID.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Sony_playstation2_v1.zip (311.7 KB, 161 downloads)
Field Researcher
#46 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:42 AM
thank you!!
Banned
#47 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:17 AM
I dont mean to complain but y did u post an old dusty PS2 texture? Its not pure black? Brownish on the edges. Can u make a pure black version, the same color as the real ps2
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 10:30 AM
Very nice job!
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 10:31 AM
Thanks, this is great. Now my sims can sit around playing games all day.

If anyone cares I made a blacker version of the texture with you can get here as a png.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#50 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 10:41 AM
very good. now we just need games other than ssx3, simcity 4, busting out and urbz and it will be brilliant
Page 2 of 5