Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All sims wet their bed

by sachamagne Posted 21st Jul 2015 at 3:22 PM - Updated 3rd Aug 2015 at 5:47 AM by sachamagne : language pack

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 7:40 PM
LOL This is an interesting mod. I would have never thought of it! Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 9:56 PM
Do sims (probably only kids, I imagine) do this in the base game, or is this a completely new set of animations and stuff?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 10:05 PM
I feel like elders should have accidents more easily too lol
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 12:17 AM
do we put the script file in the mods folder too?
Instructor
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 1:56 AM
This... is some kind of fetish, right? 0_o
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheatricalNonsense
Do sims (probably only kids, I imagine) do this in the base game, or is this a completely new set of animations and stuff?

You don't need any extension to make it work, base game is enough.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Whatthemath424
I feel like elders should have accidents more easily too lol

The next release could have that tweaked a little.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck

Not really, just a long tradition starting with Sims2 ..
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Maybe not for you... :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 7:02 AM
I literally just thought about making a mod like this ten minutes ago. lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pastel-sims
I literally just thought about making a mod like this ten minutes ago. lol

It was a fun one to make and it will be part of a more generic mods called A kid's life...
Is Claeric
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 2:25 PM
I think I installed this wrong. Is there supposed to be a .package and a .script in the zip file? Does the zip file go in the mods folder or do you extract it?

if I have a sim go to bed with a low bladder he just immediately gets back out of bed, over and over.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 3:53 PM
you should put the .package and the ts4script in Mods folder and be sure to have activated using mods in the general settings.
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 12:20 AM Last edited by bamrd : 23rd Jul 2015 at 2:52 AM.
Default Some Issues in Testing
So, after doing some testing over the last 24 hours, I think I may have come across a small problem, and I think I know where the problem is located.

I have both the .package file and the .ts4script file mod in an overrides folder. I started out with them not there, but almost nothing would happen, so I moved it just in case there was a potential conflict. I have triple checked that script mods are enabled in game. In 24 hours with probably 100+ tests, I have only gotten two people to have 'accidents'. One was a child, and the other was an adult. In both cases, I had not set up the two outfit PJ system. Every other test has ended in either a 'traditional' bladder fail or waking up and running to the bathroom.

I set up my sim with the two PJ outfits and send my sim to bed with a yellow or orange bladder. I have tried having my sims be exhausted before bed, drinking liquid before bed, and even cheating to get either an empty bladder or a low bladder.

In the case of the low bladder, my sim will wake up exactly at '2 Sim Hours Until Bladder Failure'. I'm assuming that this is because beds have coding that forces sims awake at -85 Bladder. If I put my sim back to bed, he or she will reset out of the bed, sometimes even reset out, climb back in, reset out repeatedly. Most of the time the sim just resets out and then goes off to the toilet. I have tried a sim whose traits were Slob, Lazy, and Clumsy just to see if that would make any difference in how long they stayed in bed--it didn't. I have also tried several emotional states, but nothing keeps a sim in bed longer.

In the case of the failed bladder, my sim was in bed, and I set his bladder to zero while he was still in bed with a red energy. He woke up, climbed out of bed and had a 'traditional' bladder fail (so not an 'accident').

I am not a programmer, but my guess would be that there is an issue between the bed XML script that forces sims awake at -85 Bladder and your mod that allows accidents and bed wettings. I would assume that you could circumvent this by setting your mod to use a value that is higher than -85 Bladder (such as -80 Bladder) and see if that causes the mod to function more correctly. As it is now, it doesn't seem to work as intended.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: I am able to have 'accidents' (they are incredibly easy to recreate), but only if the sim does not have a second PJ outfit.
EDIT 2: If one sim has a secondary PJ set, then nothing happens--the sims just sleep, wake up, rush off to the bathroom.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 5:48 AM
I think i understand the problem but correct me if my assumption is wrong:
You started playing with that family, then decided to add a PJ in CAS using a mirror or any cheat putting your sim in CAS then come back to continue the game ?

I noticed an issue with that sequence that either 'remove' or 'stop' the mod from the game system and so far, i can't find a proper way to restart it...

Thanks for your return!

I will upload an update as soon as i got a fix for that case.
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sachamagne
I think i understand the problem but correct me if my assumption is wrong:
You started playing with that family, then decided to add a PJ in CAS using a mirror or any cheat putting your sim in CAS then come back to continue the game ?

I noticed an issue with that sequence that either 'remove' or 'stop' the mod from the game system and so far, i can't find a proper way to restart it...

Thanks for your return!

I will upload an update as soon as i got a fix for that case.

Following your advice, I started a family from CAS with 2 PJ outfits. That fixed the issue when adding in a PJ outfit from in-game. However, I am still a little confused. In your original post, you wrote this in regards to the 'bedwetter' part of the mod: "When accident happens, he will change to his wet set while asleep (no leaving the bed) and woke up normally." This has never happened for me. The only scenario that happens is the 'accident' one. What am I missing?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 9:48 AM
You need to have 3 set of pj at least for that function to work. The First one (slot 1 in cas) is a regular one, the second one (slot 2 in CAS) is the dry one and the third one (slot 3 in CAS )is the wet one. Any other slots beside 1 and 2 will be ignored by mod.

I hope it helps.
IM me if you need more help
Instructor
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:53 PM
i didn't even know sims could wet the bed in sims 4 :P

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 4:31 PM
The mod doesn't work in my game, they just get up and go to the bathroom as normal :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phoebel54
The mod doesn't work in my game, they just get up and go to the bathroom as normal :/

be sure you activated Custom contents and put the mod and the ts4script into your mods folder.
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sachamagne
be sure you activated Custom contents and put the mod and the ts4script into your mods folder.

I have definitely got cc turned on and put it in the mods folder
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 3:48 PM
The mod doesn't work for me, either. It's in the right place and mods are enabled, and I've tried it at least ten times with all of my sims.
Also, I'm not sure how the pajama thing is supposed to work. I gave all of my sims 3 sets of the same (base game) pajamas, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
It shouldn't be conflicting with anything; this is the only script mod I have in my game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 8:48 PM
I will update the mod with some debug information. Until then, could you check if you got a LastError... files by any chance ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 11:48 PM
Major thanks to sachamagne for this realistic, creative, and intuitive modification! I appreciate it, and will test this out and report any issues I run into! :D
Page 1 of 2