Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 7:33 AM Last edited by Ryûchan : 16th Aug 2022 at 9:30 AM.
Default Aliens stole my parents
Or whatever that scenario is called.

I thought it sounded like a fun challenge to do while waiting to start up my old saves, so I prepped my tester family and started it. Sure, fine, both girls got a serious hit in school performance, the money is all but gone, all that as it should... but both parents are still there.

So I waited. Ignored the adults, let them stand out on the lawn (in the thunderstorm no less, mom got hit by lightning) as I did my best to play as if they weren't there thinking the game was just taking its sweet time to "hide" them. But no, they stuck around, the kids kept getting up to go ask for advice or other random stuff if I didn't keep them otherwise occupied.
I'm going to start up the game today to see if they're still there, if they are I'm not sure there's any point in trying this scenario at all. It certainly put me off from wanting to.

Has anyone else tried that scenario? Is it working for you?

Update:
When I went back to that save one of the parents had been abducted but not the other. Played for a while, then saved and restarted the game. Now both parents had been abducted, fine. Took its sweet time though, all that was left of the challenge was to get both kids to A's in school.
So, well, challenge over, the kids hit their A's within a day of each other, and the parents were returned. And my teen promptly had an extremely dramatic sad mood, wanted to wear black, and went to cry dramatically over life in her bed.
Seems she didn't want them back. :P
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 12:45 AM
It may not be a Loot Box, but has all the right elements to fit the definition of Surprise Mechanics.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots