Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Questionable Clothes Turned Cozy Coats!- Defaults for Useless Meshes and More

by Phaenoh Posted 18th Dec 2008 at 9:07 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2013 at 7:04 PM by Phaenoh

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 3:31 PM
Oh! I love the teen jumpsuits! And the 'granny' clothes. xD Downloading them right now. =3

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 6:32 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Jul 2009 at 1:43 AM.
they look so good... can't resist but to download!
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:11 PM
sorry to be a pain in the ass but please reply...

what is the filename of the OuterwearHMWoolCoat?

no offense but, i don't want to download it...
but i like the others, however
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 4:50 AM
Even if I wouldn't use a couple of those (the edited raver outfits anyway) as outerwear, it's less fug than Maxis!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:00 PM
Good news guys! I found backups hidden away. All files have now been recovered. Have fun!
Not actually evil.
#31 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:44 PM
I didn't think it was possible to do anything with the hideous tf jumpsuit mesh, without remeshing it totally, but you made something nice out of it. Amazing! Less useless everyday, more pretty outerwear!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:58 PM
Thanks for ALL of your common sense conversions. I know Maxis has always created with a bit of whimsy and sarcasm in their designs, but it's good to have the option to be more realistic.

Necromancy is Good
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 11:35 PM
Cool, they look so awesome, and they're simply outerwear! Thanks, you're one of my fave creators
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 7:51 AM
Hi. Just wanted to say I love what you've done here, and ask a possibly stupid question. Is there a way to make these not default replacements? My daughter uses the raver clothes for her J-Pop band, and would kill me if I replaced them, but I would like to use your outerwear versions for my own Sims. Can it be done? Thanks for all your work, BTW, I use a lot of your clothes in my game.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 8:58 PM
Totally can be done. Here's the tutorial for how: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=269217
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 4:20 PM
Thank you so much!!! Easy to follow, directly on point, and something I spent hours looking for with no luck. You're awesome!!!
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 12:32 AM
wait! i don't have the \TSData folder!! what can i do to get the defaults???
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 4:18 AM
Of course you do, its your Program files folder instead of My Documents. If you only want the default textures you don't need to put the files in that folder though, they can still just go in your Downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 2:12 AM
I would be all over these if they werent defaults. Incidentaly which outfits do they get rid of? The everyday outfits they are made from or the outerwear outfits? Eitherway its a no go for me, since my sims regularly wear many of the outfits here that I like best of what you have here (the jean jumpsuit for example) and my brothers sims wear the parkas at all times (save when they are swimming in the summer) so I'd hate to lose anything in game T-T
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 2:58 AM
Pretty sure I've mentioned that its possible to make standard CC copies of my defaults. Simply download my replacements, export and import them back again through bodyshop, then delete my replacements. Presto chango, new CC clothes, without missing any of the maxis ones. They would replace the outfits they were made from if you downloaded my replacements and left them in.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Pretty sure I've mentioned that its possible to make standard CC copies of my defaults. Simply download my replacements, export and import them back again through bodyshop, then delete my replacements. Presto chango, new CC clothes, without missing any of the maxis ones. They would replace the outfits they were made from if you downloaded my replacements and left them in.

yea my bad. i discoverd that a few hours after i posted and have done that. thanks ^_^'
Scholar
#42 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 1:03 AM
Hey I absolutely LOVE these! But it won't let me move the movers into the filename you gave. It says I need administrater permission, then it gives me a popup? I do not have the game open...

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 1:59 AM
You aren't the admin on your computer. Ask your dad for help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 8:40 AM
Thank you :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 10:54 AM
What a clever idea... I don't think that I used any of the clothes that you modified, and I've been playing Sims 2 since 2005.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 9:08 PM
;___;I love it! I love it lots! Most of these outfits have never been worn by any of my sims, but with this, I see a change. Thank you kindly for supplying my sims with cool outerwear.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 6:17 AM
Thanks, this will ease my eyes some. I really got tired of all the grownups looking like they couldn't tell it was cold outside! Nice work.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 8:39 PM
Thank you for the teen Jumpsuit fix! Now I can actually put it on my Sims as it looks so much more appealing! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 1:38 AM
Cool ideas!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 10:43 AM
*sees the defaults* MODESTY! *.*
I don't know what Maxis thinks of teenage girls, but I wouldn't for the life of me wear the NL raver or leopard-print jumpsuit *shrugs* Thank you for both the movers and the defaults!
Page 2 of 3