Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 2:13 PM
Default Weird shadow on CC
Hi!!!!!! I'm extracting upper from full body outfit. I've managed to assign bones and morph things, I get this result.
[IMG][/IMG]
I'm 100% sure that I'm going to have a problem in game, even tho I've never tested it yet. I've googled to solve it, but haven't got any good solution yet. Please help me!! Thanks for reading my awful thread...ㅠㅠ
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 1:40 AM
This may be coming too late, but you have some bad normal values. Nothing too big, and it's easy-ish to fix.

See my tutorial here: https://pandemonium91.wixsite.com/p...ts3tut-ageconv6
(Around the part with the screenshot containing the mesh colored in yellow, aligned to the right of the page)

Or if you find this tutorial easier to understand: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=489600

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CHboom!
Hi!!!!!! I'm extracting upper from full body outfit. I've managed to assign bones and morph things, I get this result.
[IMG][/IMG]
I'm 100% sure that I'm going to have a problem in game, even tho I've never tested it yet. I've googled to solve it, but haven't got any good solution yet. Please help me!! Thanks for reading my awful thread...ㅠㅠ

I know it's a few months old, but... Yes, that will show in game. What I learned are 2 basics ways to fix that. One is to mark that edge as sharp. The other is to split the seam before setting the normals. As I work in Blender 2.80 with spilt screen UV edit, I find it easier to highlight certain mesh parts (especially straight edges) on the UV edit side.

PS, Yes I am the same LadySmoks from that other site. Leaving there completely tomorrow, and may be here a bit more often in the future. )))