Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Sand Simolean Point' A Neighborhood Designed for Beach Lots

by Phaenoh Posted 21st Sep 2007 at 2:00 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2011 at 8:02 PM by Phaenoh

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 118 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 4:07 AM
Lovely, lovely, lovely Neighborhood.
There is too much time I'm looking for a neighbourhood of beach like this. Thank you for sharing.

Kisses
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 2:35 PM
Oh, thanks! I'm trying out new beach hoods....like everyone else, I have problems sometimes with placing lots so always on the lookout for new ones to try! Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#78 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:17 PM
Thanks! this hood rocks! however, the beach lots and lighthouse aren't working, which expansion packs do i need?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:01 AM
BV for the Beach lots, probably BV for the lighthouse as well.
Test Subject
#80 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:46 PM
Hey...i just come across this neighbourhood...it is amzing!!
Im no good at creating anything for the sims and i have been searching for the perfect neighbourhood and my god i found it!! It is exactly what i have been looking for!!!
This is truly appreciated..thankyou sooo much

P.s you said put all the downloads into the sc4 terrains...even the houses?
im new to these things sorry x
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 12:05 AM
Houses not included. This is just the land and the streets. All the houses are linked to separately. Sorry about the inconvenience!
Test Subject
#82 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:08 AM
i found the seperate links....big thanks
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:54 AM
I absolutely love every single thing you have posted so far, but this one takes the cake I will definitely be adding this one to my game.

Thank you so much for all your painstaking work, you've almost singlehandedly made me enjoy my game so much more!
Test Subject
#84 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 3:08 AM
Thank you for all the hard work you did on this--I'm working my way through all your downloads, because I so fell in love with your Katrina series. And even though it's been almost a year since you uploaded this, I'm madly in love, and wanted to say thanks, because I know how frustrating that has to be! Thank you again!
Test Subject
#85 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 7:38 PM Last edited by itsTAYLOR1234 : 20th Nov 2008 at 7:40 PM. Reason: Misspelt word
Does this require any EP'S. I know it says that it requires none, but your Nana houses and the cottages require some EP's that i dont have. So is it safe for me to download or not?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 8:40 PM
This upload is only a sc4 terrain. It is NOT a fully put together neighborhood, so it is basegame compatible.
Test Subject
#87 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 1:40 PM
Nice! Great for BV!
Test Subject
#88 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 9:43 PM
Thanks so much!
Banned
#89 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 11:57 PM
I was the 1000th person to thank this. Thank you
Test Subject
#90 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 10:39 AM
Wow, I just grabbed the neighborhood and all your recommended houses for it - this is so awesome, it's actually the first time I've been inclined to download a custom neighborhood! Thank you!

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。
Test Subject
#91 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:27 PM
I loved this the first time around; I did get some beach lots to place, I think, but I used it as a Bluewater replacement so it wasn't a big deal. Now I can see using it as a vacation 'hood or even as a main 'hood. Thank you! (I've been messing in SC4 myself lately and, jeez, could they have *made* it any harder? Well, okay, yes, they could have, but I'm not sure how.)
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#92 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:52 PM
This is beautiful! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 1:07 AM
I must tell you, this is the terrain I use on my favorite neighborhoods which I've been playing for many generations. I love this so much, I even kept the name. Sand Simoleon University and so on. I'm wondering though, do you think it would be possible for me to swap out this new one for the old one so I can fix some of my beach lots? I feel like I've read that being possible, but I can't remember if it causes a lot of problems.

Anyway, thanks for being as awesome as you are and sharing it with us!

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#94 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 1:21 AM
musiquefille,

I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but you can replace neighbourhood terrains with this tool: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=279992 ("HoodReplace"). I haven't used it myself yet, but I believe it's pretty easy. You need Windows to run this.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 1:43 AM
Thats exactly what you should be able to do musique, I've switched hoods before, I think you will have to pick up and plop back down all the lots (otherwise they might be floating) but it should work just fine.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Thats exactly what you should be able to do musique, I've switched hoods before, I think you will have to pick up and plop back down all the lots (otherwise they might be floating) but it should work just fine.

Thanks Plasticbox and Phaenoh. I'll back it up and try it as soon as I can. I'm so happy at the though of having beaches with a less dramatic slope. I'll confess, I've only created 3 beach lots in this hood because of the slope. Thanks for updating the terrain!

Lab Assistant
#97 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:30 AM
Thank you! I love all the beachfront area :-) Perfect!

`So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key`
--Already Gone by the Eagles--
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:16 AM
Aw, sad to say the switch didn't work out too well for me since my lots were all jiggered into perfect places like tetris, and I would have had to sacrifice my beach lots. Not that that's in any way your fault, just that my hood is far too used at this point to make such a switch easily. Still, if I ever start another neighborhood, I might try this for one of the terrains. Thanks!

Test Subject
#99 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 5:58 PM
I just wanted to write a thank you, for all that you have done, I love the Nana lots, and the katrina cottages, and also this lovely little neighborhood. You are one of my favorite creators and I'm always looking to see if you've uploaded anything each day. Great job on everything! Thank you Thank you and Thank you!
Test Subject
#100 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:49 PM
I just downloaded and installed this and all the lots for download you listed. I'm going to stick this in somewhere, I could put it in almost any neighborhood as some sort of a resort. And when I say resort, I mean a place to relax, not a fancy hotel building thing. Great job on everything, I'm going to start my game and put this in with the lots as soon as this comment posts. You are a wonderful creator, Phaenoh.
Page 4 of 6