Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#6076 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
On the topic of The Sims 2, it's less of a "pet peeve" and more of something that makes me laugh. When sims roll the want to "Learn How to Make TV Dinner." Yes, the fine art of placing a frozen meal in the oven and waiting for it to cook. I love that want a lot. An actual pet peeve is when my sims get lectured and fined if Bigfoot scares off the burglar, like it's not my sim's fault the car alarm went off and Bigfoot took the situation into his own hands before the police got there

Having known someone (not a Sim) cause a fire at a previous workplace due to somehow cooking instant rice wrong, I can quite believe the failure rate of Sims when cooking something so complex as a whole TV dinner!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6077 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 12:21 PM
My pet peeve today. XD Toddler clothing seems to be saved at 512 instead of 1024, so when you try to copy paste a texture from an older age's outfit it fails unless you go in and resize it.
Mad Poster
#6078 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 1:33 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Oct 2021 at 1:51 PM.
^ Only if you use the "SimSkin" shader (which you should for the base skin group).

If you add a second group with a "SimStandardMaterial" shader (For 3t2/4t2 outfits, or just if you need a second group for any kind of texture), the 1024x1024 texture will work fine. Even bump maps in the right size should work for these. Skin won't show (anything invisible on the texture will be invisible on the sim, and greytone alpha = transparent), but if you want skin showing, skin parts should be on the base skin group.

Outfits and face textures that overlay another texture use the largest available texture they find. The base layer for clothes use the "SimSkin" shader, which use the largest available textures for the skins. Face/head is 512x512, body CU and above is 1024x1024, and toddler/infant is 512x512. It's the same with the bump maps. If you try resizing the textures, the bump maps go wonky, because they need to be the same size as the skin to work properly.

I've had success in sizing up infant skins, because they don't seem to use a bump map, and will look fine with a 1024x1024 outfit on a 1024x1024 skin (I sized up the actual body skin texture for each skin I wanted to use). Toddlers... not so much. You probably have to edit most outfits in your game to remove bump maps and resize them, or find other ways around the issue. It's not worth it.
Mad Poster
#6079 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 4:49 PM
Had to resize some textures and alphas, but at least it's done now.
Field Researcher
#6080 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 4:45 PM
Neighbourhood water as seen from a beach lot is so pretty.

Why can't it be like this from ALL lots?
Screenshots
Scholar
#6081 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 4:36 PM
When playables go to the pet store and PAY to restock the store's fish tank. I like to give my Sims an hour of uncontrolled time on community lots, as it allows them and anyone else on the lot to develop relationships of their own choosing; I don't mind if they get a snack or go to the bar for 'juice' during the hour, but filling the store's fish tank at your own expense is ridiculous!
Alchemist
#6082 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 8:46 PM
@BlueAlien Aquariums Create Community Dummies by Richi3frog

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#6083 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 3:09 AM
That sims don't know how to wait for the carpool/schoolbus. I send them out to the curb at or almost at the hour, but they keep trying to wander back inside to do whatever, even when the vehicle's already arrived but not yet stopped. Grr! If it's one sim, I can stay with him/her but I have other sims I need to monitor if it's a family.
Link Ninja
#6085 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
That sims don't know how to wait for the carpool/schoolbus. I send them out to the curb at or almost at the hour, but they keep trying to wander back inside to do whatever, even when the vehicle's already arrived but not yet stopped. Grr! If it's one sim, I can stay with him/her but I have other sims I need to monitor if it's a family.

I hate this too! This is why on every dang lot I park a bench or something out in front of the house and just tell them to sit there until the ride arrives so they don't wander away and end up missing.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6086 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I hate this too! This is why on every dang lot I park a bench or something out in front of the house and just tell them to sit there until the ride arrives so they don't wander away and end up missing.
I especially do that in places like Capp Manor where there's a long walk from the house to the road. Sometimes there, if one of them invites a friend round, they'll walk down to the gate, and sit and wait there for their friend to arrive.

I also place benches near the telephone on community lots, so Sims can sit there and wait for their taxi. If they're a couple, they'll often cuddle and make out on the bench while they're waiting. Andrew and Julian especially like doing that. As an alternative to a bench I sometimes place a hot tub near the public 'phone.

If any of my Sims get food poisoning I'll mollycoddle them with lots of bed rest until they're better. I nearly died of food poisoning myself when I was six, so I'm very sympathetic. If family can't help, I'll bring friends round to help to look after them. You can't catch food poisoning through contact with the patient. (I'd really like a mod so we could give them meals in bed!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6087 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
That sims don't know how to wait for the carpool/schoolbus.

I always cance my sims' auto push for the carpool or bus, and have them skill or hobby or call someone right up until ten minutes before the hour. Then I tell them to go, and they always run when there is only ten minutes left!
Mad Poster
#6088 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 11:34 AM
My sims always automatically head to school/work.
Forum Resident
#6089 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 2:03 PM
When I used to play families, Something always happens that prevents sims from going to work such as babies need changing or a stray dog comes to dig up the yard, or something breaks. I swear the game does that on purpose so it's much more difficult to get to work. Those are just a few of the situations hindering a sim from going to work.
Theorist
#6090 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 3:46 PM
Yeah... sending the Sims to the curb to "wait" for the carpool/bus seems unecessary/to much work for me. Once the car/bus parks they get an automatic action to head for work/school anyways (unless their needs are too low). So why go through the dance of sending them out to "wait"?
Even assuming they miss their ride(unlikely barring specific circumstances), you can still tell them to walk to work/school.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#6091 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 5:41 PM
My school children have to go to school, but high school students and adults get a choice. If they don't autonomously choose to go out to meet the bus or carpool or don't already have the want to go to work, and it's not because of something I made them do (like skilling or sleeping), then they can choose not to go. Of course, there may be consequences of that choice.
Scholar
#6092 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 6:37 PM
Thanks, @Phantomknight!

My Sims usually head out for work or school okay, unless I've told them to skill and not heard the car. I do wish they would recognize the one-hour-to-go mark, though, and not start cooking just as the car is about to arrive.
Scholar
#6093 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 8:12 PM
What I hate is when they start cooking something and then throw a fit about it because they have to leave. You knew the carpool was coming--I didn't tell you to cook that!

Also when I'm paying attention to something else and don't notice and then the whole kitchen burns down. I heard a real-life story like this recently. Someone my friend worked with had their kitchen burn down because their boyfriend put a pizza in the oven and then went to work. My response was: "That's something my Sim would do!"
Mad Poster
#6094 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
When I used to play families, Something always happens that prevents sims from going to work such as babies need changing or a stray dog comes to dig up the yard, or something breaks. I swear the game does that on purpose so it's much more difficult to get to work. Those are just a few of the situations hindering a sim from going to work.

My sims will happily ignore all of those things lol. I've never seen them even try to fix something autonomously. But, diaper changing doesn't take that long. I figure that's why the carpool waits for an hour. The only problem I've had with them missing the carpool or bus is if I sent them to bed too late and they're too exhausted to get up (and that's my fault).
Alchemist
#6095 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 12:51 PM
When the cat or the dog doesn't want to go to work and I can't do anything about it (well I can cheat but I don't want to)

what does his name even mean?
Forum Resident
#6096 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 1:24 PM
Sims complaining over and over and over again about garden gnomes standing against a wall so that they can't reach it to steal it. Yeah, I outsmarted you. Deal with it.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#6097 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 1:37 AM
Completely forgetting what catalog section certain things are sorted under, especially when they don't fit neatly into any of them... it took me 20 minutes just now to find the zen garden because I wasn't thinking it would be a sculpture.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#6098 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
When the cat or the dog doesn't want to go to work and I can't do anything about it (well I can cheat but I don't want to)
The sims should be able to command the pet to «go to work» if it didn't autonomously go to the carpool.
Top Secret Researcher
#6099 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 10:58 PM
When custom foods go into their own submenu in the fridge despite just being regular meals. Like, no, you're not special. Put it under the regular meal slot like everybody else.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6100 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
When custom foods go into their own submenu in the fridge despite just being regular meals. Like, no, you're not special. Put it under the regular meal slot like everybody else.

Ugh. So many of those that I have had to remenu.
Page 244 of 274