Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 3:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blue flashing jewelry but it doesn't miss parts in the mesh file
At least for teens, the necklace mesh by pinkgreen starts to flash blue. I followed HP's tutorial l to fix this but it doesn't lack parts in the GMDC.

What else could be going on with the mesh file? Does it matter if I've categorized the recolors into BV Jewelry?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 6:07 PM
The number and names of groups in the GMDC and the Mesh Overlay have to match. Otherwise you get blue-flashing.

The Mesh Overlay has a "rim", Lens" and "Frame group, while the mesh file only has "Frame" and "lens".

If you add a "Rim" group to both the GMDCs, the blue-flashing will probably stop (you can use HP's tutorial for this, with the placeholder mesh method).
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 9:42 PM
@simmer22 thanks for letting me know. Where can I find the "Mesh Overlay" info? Because HP didn't mention anything about that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 10:23 PM
The "Mesh Overlay" resources are in the recolor files.

It basically has the same purpose as a PropertySet resource, but with a different name. There's also one or two other similar CAS resources (TextureOverlay for makeup and such, and possibly another).